No announcement yet.

Legacy (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we know if they ever went back to Michello's lab?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I don't think so. Could have been an interesting premise, though. : ) (I think that Daniel would have wanted to be very, very far far away from anything remotely related to Ma'chello.)
      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I don't think so. Could have been an interesting premise, though. : ) (I think that Daniel would have wanted to be very, very far far away from anything remotely related to Ma'chello.)
        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Just watched Legacy again on Sky 2 Sunday catch up.....Michael Shanks was brilliant in this episode....great to watch it again...
          sigpic
          Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
          MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Ahh the early seasons of SG-1. When the writers would get together and ask one another, what low budget movie cliche should this week's episode focus on? Ghosts! Mummified ghosts. The kind that normally hang around haunted houses! Let's add in a "Daniel's going crazy and only he can see them" subplot. Great! We'll give him schizophrenia. What kind of schizophrenia? Hmm how about "textbook schizophrenia"? That's a good one! Wait Jack does not "ascribe" to the theory that gate travel causes textbook schizophrenia. What then could it be. Stay tuned for the ghoulish conclusion...

Comment

This one's pretty decent, but falls apart a bit as it continues. The first half with Daniel going crazy is great to watch, Michael Shanks does a very good job and actually plays it more restrained than I expected (or remembered). I particularly like the whole scene with him and Jack playing chess/cards and Daniel trying to stay calm despite what he is seeing.

The thing is, as an audience we know he's not really going crazy, we've been given too many clues that something has actually affected him. Therefore, it makes for an aggravating watch as we see his friends disbelieving him and Dr Mackenzie not really giving weight to anything he says. Everyone should know that these guys deal with alien things on a daily basis and should give that factor serious consideration.

The diagnosis of Daniel also does seem very quick. He has a few hallucinations and suddenly that means he must be schizophrenic, and a little bit later he's in a padded room. In terms of doctor stuff though, I did like the fact that this episode brings together all three of our previously established doctor characters (Frasier, Warner, Mackenzie). Warner and Mackenzie really don't come off very well though; Mackenzie is infuriating and Warner is made to look stupid (and a little arrogant).

After Daniel is cured the episode takes a turn for the worse, I thought. Jack, Sam and Janet trapped in the room going nuts just isn't handled well, and there was an opportunity to do much more with it. I didn't feel any tension.

- Sam is trying to get help from Doc Frasier in separating the blood, and Janet is clearly having a difficult time with it. Why didn't Sam just ask for some complete instructions early on when Janet was a bit more with it, instead of waiting for the centrifuge to finish before going up to her and asking what to do next?

- Nice to see Machello again, but I wish had been revisited in a bigger way.

- Loved Jack's comment about putting a warning sign at the bottom of the gate.

- The Reetou are mentioned AGAIN. They really wanted to bring them back into the show, didn't they? A real shame it never happened.

RATING: 6 out of 10
              Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Daniel stole the show in this episode with his gradual slide into insanity!

I have to agree that it did fall apart a bit as it when on LHG. Benefit of the doubt should have been given as far as the possibility of alien influences are concerned. That was disregarded a little too quickly with Daniel being carted off to the padded cell!

The dead Linvris set up a nice creepy atmosphere to start with and how they keep turning up in Daniel's hallucinations. That really creeped me out when I first watched this episode. Planting a Goa'uld killing thing in an every day device used by the Goa'uld was a neat idea, that Machello was a pretty resourceful enemy of theirs!

An event horizon in a closet, still one of the more memorable weird images in Stargate for me! Now we know why things we thought we put in our closets never seem to be in there when we want them!!!

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                  Always love this one. I always get a chill when Daniel sees one of those corpses behind the others when they visit him..
                  "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                  "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                  "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                  "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                  >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Let's See, an average episode of SG-1.

Daniel got some stuff in his body that made him go nuts. Then, Jack and Janet went nuts, but only Sam could save the day.

Tomorrow, I haven't seen that episode in a while, so I can't tell you what happens.
                    sigpic

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...(the other one I had on VHS for a bit)

1. Rewatching this ep actually had be flashing back to the S7 ep

Spoiler:
                      Lifeboat

2. First time I'd actually notied that thing move through Daniel.

3. Kept waiting for the thing to move out of Teal'c.

4. Had forgotten about Warner.

Solid enough ep.
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

If you seen one Daniel go crazy episode you have seen them all. I probably liked it more the first time around but being a rewatch I have seen him go crazy enough the first half really bores me. I was more interested in the second half trying to figure out how Machello's machine work and the innovation that came with using Sam's blood. I'll excuse the mecial inaccuracies just because it was fun to watch and show why Fraiser is smarter then Warner.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Daniel fan that I am, I watch this ep a lot, though never before in order. I'd forgotten how early in the season this arrived and how close to Holiday.

There's some interesting medical knowledge examined in this ep that may affect how teams are prepared and approved for 'gate travel in future. Not knowing how the 'gate affects humans without symbiotes who go through the 'gate regularly was a very good question. A medical team in a military environment might actually be less inclined to see beyond the confines of known practices when judging the cause of a medical emergency. Daniel unconscious repeated times would certainly qualify as medical emergency!

Daniel though appears to be the only one using science, his translation of "to enter by infiltration," to comprehend what may have occurred to the Linvus. He's the one bringing the focus back to them over and over till it registers that there might be another factor involved, namely Ma'chello.

The writers as usual take a story about a serious condition and bring some really funny humor to the table; Jack playing with the IV bag, Carter yelling, "C'mon! There's gotta be a way! We've got all this stuff!"

And in the end, the music swells and all is right with SG-1 while Michael Shanks gives another stellar performance.

Comment

Another episode where Daniel goes crazy.
                            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

As mentioned by others: with everything they have encountered, I would expect that they would be looking at possible alien influence to explain Daniel's going slowly insane rather than immediately believing he's developed a terrestrial psychotic disorder. Especially his team -they seem too ready to accept the medical explaination.

Michael Shanks did a wonderful job.

It's easy to see why the doctors were not inclined to believe Daniel when the little bug left his system, since he had been making such crazy claims before -it just sounded like part of his previous rant.

Fave O'Neill Quote: "I'd like to apologize in advance for anything I may say, or do, that could be construed as offensive, as I slowly go NUTS!"

I liked them using the Machello character again.

I don't mind the eps that are less action and more intrigue. I think the variety keeps it interesting.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Michael Shanks showing off his great acting. Easily one of my favourite actors. He's also the first Stargate star I have had my photo taken with. Getting a photo with Amanda in a couple of weeks

Great of them to reuse Machello even if it was such a small mention.

Love Jacks quote as well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X