No announcement yet.

Legacy (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've recently started rewatching season 3 and can't believe that I had forgotten how good this season was, imo. It's my favorite season for a lot of different reasons, Legacy being on of them.

The actors on Stargate SG1 are phenomenal - ESP in this episode! I wanted to cry for Daniel (MS was terrific), I loved the interactions b/c Jack and Daniel throughout the ep(I wish we could see more of this - their friendship is unique and I love it!), and it was great to see TR have the opportunity to be more than the brainy CMO that always manages to find the answer.

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
    i hate that other doctor because he just dismissed everything janet was saying and then is like, err actually this could work, im an idiot. *whack but great episode
    I agree! Dr Warner totally ticked me off! All "no no that won't work....oops wait, i lied...that's a great idea" WHATEVER! grrrrr

All in all, though, I LOVE this episode!
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

This was a good episode for Daniel. It was hard to see him that way though. All in all I liked this one.
      sigpic

Comment

Not one of my favorite eps. Didn't really like the Daniel insane thing.
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

MS was wonderful in this one, and I'm glad we got to see Ma'chello again, even if he was only a delusion.
          sigpic

Comment

MS is awesome, but nothing can beat Christopher Lee
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Good ep my fav bit was this line by Daniel made me laff

"Ah good point, I wouldnt buy that either if I were you."

Comment

Legacy
                I like how everyone thinks that the Retu are responsible for anything that occurs when there's something "Invisible" taking place. The poor Retu, always blamed when no one sees what happens, rough life! : )

I'm sorry, with all the utter insanity that has taken place in the past two years in these people's lives...I really think it's nuts that no one thought outside the box on what was going on with Daniel. I do love the interaction b/t Daniel and Jack in the infirmary. oops, Daniel was actually the one who 1st voiced the idea of him having a nervous breakdown. But STILL!!! Give me a break, with all the crazy crap they've gone through...why wasn't there more asking "what crazy alien thing is happening now?" Go Jack for standing up for him in the 1st briefing. Waaay too quick to slap a diagnosis on the situation. and just waaaaay to ridiculously quick to send him to Mackenzie.

Ok, I think that this would've made a much better post-FIAD episode. Then it would have fit better as a potential nervous breakdown after losing Sha're. As it stands, I have to just take it with a deep sigh of "whatever" and make whatever concessions I can to pretend it all makes sense. : )

I like the schene with the guys playing chess. It was a nice character part. I think when they started to fight, it was very remnicient of Need when they fight in the storeroom. I think that might be why Daniel was so quick to say "I'm sorry." probably had a mini-flashback to that.

Thank goodness Jack was thinking about the Limvris and kept harping on that idea. If he hadn't, probably nothing would've come of it, even once Teal'c got sick.

I have to say I don't hate Mckenzie, don't particularly like him. : ) He's not a villian persay, but I wouldn't doubt that He's on the NID payroll. I'm just very glad that he was reasonable enough to actually listen to Daniel. I have to give him credit for that. It was obvious to even an idiot that there was a big difference b/t Daniel earlier and after the creature went into Teal'c. It was obvious that he was just hopped up on drugs. Wow...to have enough fight in him to demand to see Jack through the muddle! And I love how Jack immediately got up and went when Hammond told him Mackenzie had called.

It would've been cool to know more about these "minor league goa'ulds." Wow...good for Jack picking up on the page turning device picture from the Area 51 records!

I like seeing Dr. Warner...even though Sam+Janet save the day! Awww, poor Janet gets to suffer from an alien monster and Janet gets to play MD! ; ) I'm glad that Warner finally got on the same page as Janet, though it took him awhile! Ewww..thats just gross when those Goa'uld killers come out of their ears!
                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I'm sure someone has mentioned it here, but I must mention it... right before opening sequence, dead guy eyelid twitch ^^
                  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                  ---
                  sigpic

Comment

I just watched this episode tonight and really liked it. I especially thought Michael Shanks gave an A+ performance with the psychological breakdown (which ... wasn't mental, as it turns out).

Comment

Originally posted by themyst View Post
                      I just watched this episode tonight and really liked it. I especially thought Michael Shanks gave an A+ performance with the psychological breakdown (which ... wasn't mental, as it turns out).
                      Yep, you're not really crazy if you know you sound crazy... no he really did seem crazy... When I watched it I thought that the others could've at least given him the benefit of the doubt near the start. I mean given what they had all seen since they first went into the Stargate...

MS did an excellent job sounding crazy in Lifeboat as well...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                      "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                      a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

lol - I know ... that's the funny thing about this show - the characters are often quick to pooh-pooh strange occurrences, but given what they've already gone through and seen - I don't know why you'd discredit any strange happening!

Comment

I totally agree! This is season 3 after all, the nutty-ness that they had all gone through up to this point should have made them much more willing to guess "alien intervention" ect. ; )
                          That is something that does occasionally bug me...but I try to rationalize it one way or another till I'm satisfied. Nothing works great, though. : ) I think the writers maybe ran out of ideas, or had this great idea, but just didn't get it carried out so well. Have you seen "the Light"? IMHO that was handled much better. same sort of situation (sort of) but it just fit better within the context of "what we already know" about the universe. : ) Legacy could have been handled better I think.

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
                            I totally agree! This is season 3 after all, the nutty-ness that they had all gone through up to this point should have made them much more willing to guess "alien intervention" ect. ; )
                            That is something that does occasionally bug me...but I try to rationalize it one way or another till I'm satisfied. Nothing works great, though. : ) I think the writers maybe ran out of ideas, or had this great idea, but just didn't get it carried out so well. Have you seen "the Light"? IMHO that was handled much better. same sort of situation (sort of) but it just fit better within the context of "what we already know" about the universe. : ) Legacy could have been handled better I think.
                            Nope, I'm only on Season 3 of SG-1. Looks like I have something to look forward to!

Comment

Cool! well, enjoy the ride! Welcome to SG!

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Michael Shanks, did a very well acting job in this episode. Him in the nuthouse being sane kinda remind me about one flew over the cuckoo' s nest. I wanted to punch that doctor in the face for putting more drugs into him. I mean come on Machello said he was cured from the Goa'uld

Comment

Working...
                                X