• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legacy (304)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304

When Daniel goes insane, SG-1 must deal with the legacy of Machello's anti-Goa'uld technology.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:53 PM.

This was a very good ep.

MS plays a psychotic really well. No wonder it's a roll he seems to get to play a lot!
    sigpic

Comment

He did a good performance in this episode, and a even better performance in season seven's Lifeboat
      __

__

Comment

Yah Michael Shanks is good playing crazy, kind of scary though... Haha... Well nevermind, its not scary, its skills...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

For his Lifeboat performance he won a Leo award so everyone who has not seen it and likes MS, look out for this ep!
          __

__

Comment

Yes, an even better acting example.

Comment

I thought that this episode was really well done. I am a very big MS fan. Lifeboat was awesome as well.

Comment

I'm a MS fan as well, wow, you should see him play a bad guy in a movie called suspicioun river, or something like that, hes such a very very bad person inthe movie, haha...

Comment

It was truly awesome acting. The scenes where Daniel gets progressively worse, starting just after the return from the planet and up to his attack on Jack's 'symbiote' are really intriguing. Then the scenes in the white room were just incredible.

Madeleine

Comment

Gah, i've always hate white rooms, you have nowhere to go, and its nothign but white pads... I hope i don't become crazy, haha... When Daniel was going even more crazier and started laughing (the crazy laugh) scared me haha...

Comment

I actually know *real* people who had psychotic episodes like that, and MS was doing it pretty convincing...kniowing what it really looks like made it scary for me. Though I do get the impression some people around here think of psychical illness just as being "whacky" or something. Guys (and gals), it's *not* funny. Really.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Ok I just watched this episode again (coz it's such a goody), but this time around I've got a few issues with it.

It leaves a lot of unanswered questions, so if anyone can tell me the answers, I'll be very grateful.

1. Which of the Linvers used a Ribbon device to lock the secret chamber from the inside and why? It doesn't seem very goa'uld like to try to stop a 'plague', for want of a better word, from spreading to other Goa'uld. If you saw the goa'ulds around you dropping off like flies, the first reaction would probably be to get as far away as possible, not to lock yourself in with them. I've never thought of the goa'uld as a self-sacrificing race. If the person was already affected, again the reaction would be to go get help.

Not to mention that if you were a goa'uld host and some device killed your symbiot, you'd probably start jumping for joy and then get out of there ASAP.

2. Why were only nine of the ten devices released from the page-turning device? When Carter and Frasier used the page-turner, all ten emerged. My brother suggested that it was because they turned the pages several times, but it seems a little convenient to me to suppose that each goa'uld there turned the page only once and got infected with only one Goa'uld killing blob. Besides, we checked on slow-motion and 3 or 4 get released each time the page turner is moved over the tablet. AND the whole ingenuity of the trap is that the fake page-turners don't actually turn the page. So the natural reaction of the Goa'uld is to try it a couple of times - which would release all ten.

If, then, all ten were released and went into all the goa'uld in the room, why did one of them survive and go back into the page turning device to later infect Daniel? Carter, Frasier and O'Neill all had several critters in them. When the protein markers were injected, ALL of them came out dead, not just one. This suggests that as soon as they detect the protein marker (ie. a dead symbiot), they all switch off, or die. So if all ten were released and the extra one also went into a goa'uld, it should have died along with all the other blobs. It had completed its job, which is to seek out and destroy the goa'uld (which is why the extra one went from Daniel into Teal'c - it had no job to do in Daniel but sensed a job to do in Teal'c).

And even if, contrary to what we see on-screen, each turn of the page releases one goa'uld-killing critter and each of the Linvers turned the page once, they all would have been infected at different times and their symptoms would not have developed at the same rate. Particularly because it took a little while for Teal'c to be affected after being infection. This would further imply that some would have still been healthy while others were getting sick - and would not have wanted to be locked in.

3. When Carter looks through the Area 51 database of Machello's machines to fight the Goa'uld, there are in fact about twelve of the page-turning devices. Carter and Frasier examined just one of these and ten goa'uld killing blobs were released. Does this mean the SGC has 120 goa'uld killing critters and never tried to use them?

Fair enough...they do unfortunately also kill Jaffa, not just goa'uld. But the SGC now has an 'antidote' and in the right circumstances (e.g. Summit) they could be very effective.

The more I think about all this, the more confused I get

Anyone got any answers? Cause I'm stumped...

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                          I actually know *real* people who had psychotic episodes like that, and MS was doing it pretty convincing...kniowing what it really looks like made it scary for me. Though I do get the impression some people around here think of psychical illness just as being "whacky" or something. Guys (and gals), it's *not* funny. Really.
                          No funny here. When I saw it, I was sorry and scared for and with Daniel.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Although, inside, i already knew he wouldn't be in there forever... But yah, by just watching Sam get all 'semi' teary eyed, it was sad to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                              Ok I just watched this episode again (coz it's such a goody), but this time around I've got a few issues with it.

It leaves a lot of unanswered questions, so if anyone can tell me the answers, I'll be very grateful.

1. Which of the Linvers used a Ribbon device to lock the secret chamber from the inside and why? It doesn't seem very goa'uld like to try to stop a 'plague', for want of a better word, from spreading to other Goa'uld. If you saw the goa'ulds around you dropping off like flies, the first reaction would probably be to get as far away as possible, not to lock yourself in with them. I've never thought of the goa'uld as a self-sacrificing race. If the person was already affected, again the reaction would be to go get help.

Not to mention that if you were a goa'uld host and some device killed your symbiot, you'd probably start jumping for joy and then get out of there ASAP.

2. Why were only nine of the ten devices released from the page-turning device? When Carter and Frasier used the page-turner, all ten emerged. My brother suggested that it was because they turned the pages several times, but it seems a little convenient to me to suppose that each goa'uld there turned the page only once and got infected with only one Goa'uld killing blob. Besides, we checked on slow-motion and 3 or 4 get released each time the page turner is moved over the tablet. AND the whole ingenuity of the trap is that the fake page-turners don't actually turn the page. So the natural reaction of the Goa'uld is to try it a couple of times - which would release all ten.

If, then, all ten were released and went into all the goa'uld in the room, why did one of them survive and go back into the page turning device to later infect Daniel? Carter, Frasier and O'Neill all had several critters in them. When the protein markers were injected, ALL of them came out dead, not just one. This suggests that as soon as they detect the protein marker (ie. a dead symbiot), they all switch off, or die. So if all ten were released and the extra one also went into a goa'uld, it should have died along with all the other blobs. It had completed its job, which is to seek out and destroy the goa'uld (which is why the extra one went from Daniel into Teal'c - it had no job to do in Daniel but sensed a job to do in Teal'c).

And even if, contrary to what we see on-screen, each turn of the page releases one goa'uld-killing critter and each of the Linvers turned the page once, they all would have been infected at different times and their symptoms would not have developed at the same rate. Particularly because it took a little while for Teal'c to be affected after being infection. This would further imply that some would have still been healthy while others were getting sick - and would not have wanted to be locked in.

3. When Carter looks through the Area 51 database of Machello's machines to fight the Goa'uld, there are in fact about twelve of the page-turning devices. Carter and Frasier examined just one of these and ten goa'uld killing blobs were released. Does this mean the SGC has 120 goa'uld killing critters and never tried to use them?

Fair enough...they do unfortunately also kill Jaffa, not just goa'uld. But the SGC now has an 'antidote' and in the right circumstances (e.g. Summit) they could be very effective.

The more I think about all this, the more confused I get

Anyone got any answers? Cause I'm stumped...

I will have to go and watch it again before I can make any comments.

I only watched it the other day though. ggrr. stupid essays, making me forget stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X