This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uk Olypics Bid Success!!!

Its such a great thing, im actaully really proud of this, im not really in to sport but think this will be the best thing for our country in a long time; sorry to all the other citys but londen really will be fantastic!

YAY!

Immhotep

please discuss!
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Originally posted by immhotep
    Its such a great thing, im actaully really proud of this, im not really in to sport but think this will be the best thing for our country in a long time; sorry to all the other citys but londen really will be fantastic!

YAY!

Immhotep

please discuss!
    I'm happy :-D :-D. My US friend was hopping for NYC. But shes glad its London.

LOL I'm wondering how much a ticket for the opening ceromony will be!! Talk about a chance in a life time!!!

Comment

I'm astounded....but absolutely delighted....and crossing everything that I can get tickets when they go on sale....

Dee Dee xx
      sigpic
      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Congrats London

Its gonna be great.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Well congrats to all in the UK. 2012 very good.

I became a very proud Australian when we had the games in 2000 . Hope you will all feel as proud of your Country.

Of course the real work starts now! Only 7 years to go and it will fly by.

Comment

Its cool that London won, lets hope we're all here in 7 years. Better start booking my hotel now.

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
              Its cool that London won, lets hope we're all here in 7 years. Better start booking my hotel now.
              Gosh if I still lived where I used to I'd have made a fortune in B&B!.... ...only kidding but I do a mean fry up brekkie!....

Dee Dee xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Way to go London for landing the Olympics!....I was hoping for NYC to get it, but if they did'nt London was other choice. I hope you sell out most of events (unlike the last few summer Olympics).
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

we will, i doubt anyone in the UK will not be there if they can be there!
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

It's a shame for the other cities, especially considering how far into the future bids are made and won but yay for London all the same, what a fantastic surprise this was today! **hugs all her fellow GW Brits**!

Comment

Look at me...im jumping for joy while scotland is at a standstill in the midst of G8 riots that no-one seems to care about.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hurray! London got it it!!! YAY!!!!

I guess the Doctor really does bring the storm in his wake. London gives it's first bid for the Olympics, and does it against a long list of other really big and wealthy cities... and London wins. And it just happens to be the year that strange blue box is sitting in it's streets again.

Hey, maybe Cardiff should give it a go.

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I have to disagree with this thread...and here's why

Scotland footed the bill for the entire G8 conference while Northern Enlgiand and Wales only contributed a little and London paid in nothing.

Yet Scotland is going to get taxed for the Olympics while London gains all the financial benefits and gets even more facilities than they already have.

The east end of London gets more money from the government each year that the whole of Scotland.

My mum is disabled and my dad is disabled and terminally ill...both worked all their days and now cannot work...they get less than 200 pounds a fortnight to live on because the benefits system can't cope (cosidering at one time my mum paid in more than that in tax stamps a week) yet they can finance the Olympics.

People in the North (Northern England and Scotland) are lucky if they get five pounds an hour for working and tax rates are higher than everywhere (besides london city centre) Yet the government cannot afford to up the minimum wage.

Sorry...but it's a case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Couldn't somewhere with no facilities and unemployment have benefited more from this?
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

^ I agree with much of what you said SueKay, though I'm still glad that we beat the French, I'd much rather London get it than Paris. (no offence intended to anyone French, it's just a joke)
                            Last edited by Egeria; 06 July 2005, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Congrats, UK.

It sure looked like it was going to be Paris, right up to the last vote(at least from all our news broadcaster's perspectives....)
                              I loved your video. Terrific, motivating and just the right spirit for the games.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                              X