X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Look at The Puddle Jumper

Hey Guys.
    Just to let you all know, there is a sketch of the puddle jumper over at the newly updated SCI-FI websitet.
    I can't really give an opinion on it yet. I'll have to see it in the Flesh as it were.
    What do you Guys think?
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

I've already heard people critisizing it's design saying it looks a lot like the Star Trek transport vehicle. That was an early concept sketch, that's what it says on the sketch. At least there is some design on theis unlike Star Trek.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

They have shown parts of it in pics here and there. It does kind of look like it's from ST but what doesn't. It has the front that you look out and the back that opens, what else do people want? Do they want funny looking things on it that do nothing?

Plus the Wraiths ships look different, and isn't there more ships than just the Jumper in the city?
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

The Wraith ships look promising and 'powerful'. Let's hope to see some good SFX
        __

__

Comment

my gripe is that the Gould ships look more advanced then what they are showing thus far fro the Puddle Jumper (early concept drawings and actual pics... the Wraith ships look very advanced and powerful... maybe there are some Ancient "fighters" just wish the PTB would have had those constucted for use instead of a "shuttle" craft

Comment

Actually the Puddle Jumper is a fighter, from the sides I read from underground it point to the PJ to having weapons.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Spoilers here about Tech in the city...

"THE SHIPS. As an accomplished pilot, Sheppard is particularly interested in a bay of Ancient ships discovered in Atlantis. The ship of choice is nicknamed "Puddle Jumper," as it is designed to travel through the Stargate. In fact, the ship has a miniature dialing device on the main console, allowing remote-access dialing of the Stargate. It is also equipped with stealth mode, allowing it to become invisible. The ship seems to operate in part by reading the pilot's thoughts. The jumper is large enough to seat at least two at the forward controls, and at least six in the rear."

It says "Bay of... ships" so we prob will see the onlthers used down the road.

Spoilers for 38 Minutes...

Maybe the puddle jumber gets destroyed, no one would see that coming.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

You may be right David85, but I'm not sure about it being destroyed, not that quick
                __

__

Comment

maybe the show is going to be just like Voyager... stuck in space AND an endless supply of shuttles"puddle jumpers" to destroy

Comment

Well it may look like ST shuttle craft but the controls for the puddle jumper are completely different.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

you know, I don't know why I thought this, but I had always assumed when I heard of the "puddle jumpers" that they would turn out to be the kind of ship that Bratac and Teal'c and Hammond found buried in the forest of Hathor's world (episode 301) which I believe Bratac said had been buried for hundreds of years....

It did "jump puddles" if I recall (they "threaded the needle" with it), and we haven't seen any other Goa'uld ships like it before or since....

SO WHAT WAS THAT SHIP? I guess its not Ancient tech like I thought, just old Goa'uld tech or some other race's tech they lifted, eh?

Okay, I just went to scifi's episode guide and they refer to it rather cryptically as "an ancient Death Glider". Maybe of an old design. So its ancient, just not Ancient. Huh.

Thoughts?
                      Last edited by langdonboom; 25 June 2004, 07:04 AM. Reason: add episode number

Comment

I always thought that it was an old death glider that wasnt used anymore because it was so hard to fly through the gate...and the puddle jumper can dial the gate remotely and apparently cloak itself which the glider cant do

Comment

The needle threading ship was a gou'ald design that was abandoned.

The puddle jumper, being of ancient design, will no doubt be packed with cool surprises...
                          sigpic

Comment

The needle threading ship was supposed to be either a prototype version of a Death Glider, or just an older version of the Death Glider. Actually in a sense, Death Gliders can puddle jump too, they are small enough to fly through a gate. In the Episode Singularity, when Nirti's Death Gliders were attacking Jack and Teal'c, as they were headed for the gate, one of the gliders swooped right through the unopened gate, so that shows that they can indeed fly through a gate, but we have never seen a normal Death Glider fly through an open gate.

Comment

All the pic of "Puddle Jumpers" have been from the back or a cockpit view. I would have to see the full vehicle and it's abilities before I make up my mind.

I wonder who came up with the nickname "Puddle Jumpers"?

Comment

Working...
                              X