John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:waves:
    Hey y'all ...I'm jenny...a recent Torchwood and JB convert ( I haven't been on GW in forever...I was usually around the Carson Beckett thread) . I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been going through previous posts..looking at the pretties...and avoiding the spoilers..lol. I have watched exactly three episodes...and I'm hooked. I'm waiting on JBs book to come in from Amazon...as well as some of his CDs..

Anyway I just wanted to introduce meself..and hope I'm not too late to join the party..

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

So..to get conversations started..what do y'all think about the news of John being on Desperate Housewives? I might have to start watching the show once his story line comes on..

Thanks, Scifan!

Comment

Originally posted by JennyMurray View Post
        So..to get conversations started..what do y'all think about the news of John being on Desperate Housewives? I might have to start watching the show once his story line comes on..
        Welcome!

As for JB being on DH I'd actually heard the rumor a while ago and was waiting for when they'd actually announce it. So when they did my plot bunnies started to come up with TW/DH one-shots!

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

I made some jack Harkness icons and piccy things. Snurch if you like but give credit ^_^ thanks

Spoiler:
          i'm gonna start with my personal favorite- icon version-

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
          Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
          Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry guy's I've decided to leave Gate World for a while. Who knows when/if I'll be back.

While I'm happy for those who think a S4 of TW is good, I don't. More of the same thing, GwenWood and less Jack's persona. And in my opinion JB sold out for what ever reason. So so long.

Comment

Would you believe.......I just saw a film called "Method" that John has a small role in? It came up on my Netflix queue and I couldn't figure why I had put it there......until I saw the opening credits. He was the best thing in the film IMO.

IHS
              sigpic

Comment

this thread seems dead and buried to me. Pitty, I 've just started watching Torchwood (actully I wachted the whole 4 series within less than 2 weeks) And I love(ed) it. Especially 1 and 2, didin't like 3 and only some parts of 4. I love JB in the role of Captain Jack and he is so much mor interresting in TW than he was in DW where just was this macho guy, entertainig and quite handsom to watch but too smooth to bee a deep charakter.
                Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Well, just in case anyone still comes round here: I just found this hilarius video.
                  SOme of you might already know it, mut anyway. Have fun.
                  http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...78A30B57DE0995
                  Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

i stopped watching after s2.... i have s3 sitting on my laptop, but i just haven't gotten around to watching it.... and i've heard that s4 is just a huge let-down.... but now John is on CW's Arrow..... i'll eventually get around to capping his scenes, b/c JB in a three piece suit is just yum!
                    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, s4 didn't have anything to do with the start of the show. It's ... dont't know, too much of nearly everything. But there are some good scens in it an you learn a lot about the characters, especialy Jack and his past, which was quite interssting an well done, in my opinion. Well you get some nice glances of Jack as well. So even if I didn't like the story much it was worth watching.

Comment

Oh yeah.....totally enjoying John in Arrow.

IHS
                        sigpic

Comment

So I have to watch Arrow now, if I want to see some more of Mr. Barrowman? Never heard about it before. Mybe I give it a go, if I can find it somewhere. But what ever role he playes there, I doubt that I will like it as much as Captain Jack. I love this charakter.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                            So I have to watch Arrow now, if I want to see some more of Mr. Barrowman? Never heard about it before. Mybe I give it a go, if I can find it somewhere. But what ever role he playes there, I doubt that I will like it as much as Captain Jack. I love this charakter.
                            ever heard of a show called Smallville? same concept 'cept the main character is the Green Arrow.... JB plays the big bad Mr. Merlin.... designer suits, lots of money, and he's the villian! tho, the story is v slow at developing, so we don't see much of him yet
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Heard of? Yes. Seen? nope, never. Like I said in the other thread. I was'nt much of the TV-show-type before I came across the goodness, Stefen Moafat and RTD, (re)created. JB as villian? hmmm... Don't know, if I'm too keen of about that. But maybe I'll give a go, if I can find it somewhere.

Comment

Trust me.......John B. is a delicious, scenery-chewing-potential bad boy!

IHS
                                Last edited by iheartshep; 15 February 2013, 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X