Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140190230237238239240
Results 4,781 to 4,794 of 4794
    Settling down in new digs... with Shep & Michael!

Default Re: John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Oh yeah.....totally enjoying John in Arrow.

IHS

First Lieutenant

So I have to watch Arrow now, if I want to see some more of Mr. Barrowman? Never heard about it before. Mybe I give it a go, if I can find it somewhere. But what ever role he playes there, I doubt that I will like it as much as Captain Jack. I love this charakter.
    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenee View Post
    So I have to watch Arrow now, if I want to see some more of Mr. Barrowman? Never heard about it before. Mybe I give it a go, if I can find it somewhere. But what ever role he playes there, I doubt that I will like it as much as Captain Jack. I love this charakter.
    ever heard of a show called Smallville? same concept 'cept the main character is the Green Arrow.... JB plays the big bad Mr. Merlin.... designer suits, lots of money, and he's the villian! tho, the story is v slow at developing, so we don't see much of him yet
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.

First Lieutenant

Heard of? Yes. Seen? nope, never. Like I said in the other thread. I was'nt much of the TV-show-type before I came across the goodness, Stefen Moafat and RTD, (re)created. JB as villian? hmmm... Don't know, if I'm too keen of about that. But maybe I'll give a go, if I can find it somewhere.
    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Settling down in new digs... with Shep & Michael!

Trust me.......John B. is a delicious, scenery-chewing-potential bad boy!

IHS
    Last edited by iheartshep; February 15th, 2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling!

First Lieutenant

hm.. I have to say, you'Re making me interessted. It's wierd I never uesd to watch something because I fancied the actor before. Well actully I never did fancy any actor before, not that much at least. ANd here I am "chrushing" on one who is so much older than me and playing a gay superhero. What have I done wrong? ;-)

edit: I've just watched the trailer. Don't think I like that, even if JB might be an eye-catcher.
    Last edited by Greenee; February 17th, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

er, not just playing... John and his partner Scott are in a very loving and committed relationship... the commitment ceremony was beautiful.... Scott in a tux, John wearing a his clan kilt, the entire cast of Torchwood smiling in the background....

and i've watched plenty of shows and movies b/c of the actors.... half the time, it's how i get interested in a show or movie.... half the time i won't watch a movie b/c of X actor.... ie, Sylvester Stalone.... absolutely hate the man and absolutely refuse to watch anything with him in it..... Tom Cruise is hit and miss... i don't really like him, but he does have some admittedly good movies.....

First Lieutenant

er, not just playing... John and his partner Scott are in a very loving and committed relationship...
    Yes I know. To be precise I should have said "a gay actor who is so much older than me and playing an omnisexual superhero (who is about 700(?) years old." Anyway...

As for watching movies etc. because of specific actors... I knwo that a lot of people do this. I just never used to be one of them. So it would be.. well.. is actually, new to me. Thats all I was saying. But the storxline and/or the charakter are still more importend to me, than who is playing the role, as long as he/she does a good job. Though there are always people I enjoy watching more than others.

well yea.... storyline and characters are a huge consideration, but then there are certain actors that would make a character come alive and are just perfect for a role... and knowing that actor x did such a great job with character a and will be playing character b, who is v similar to a, in an upcoming film or show just heightens the anticipation for most ppl

as for jack, depends on what series you're talking about.... in s1 and 2, he'd be somewhere b/t 150-200 yrs old since we don't know what his original age was when he first met the Doctor, but by the end of s2, he'd be over a millennium b/c that's about how long he spent buried alive

First Lieutenant

well yea.... storyline and characters are a huge consideration, but then there are certain actors that would make a character come alive and are just perfect for a role... and knowing that actor x did such a great job with character a and will be playing character b, who is v similar to a, in an upcoming film or show just heightens the anticipation for most ppl
    Yeah, nothing wrong with that. But I 've been rather talking about people, who watch something they actuly don't like, but just because to lock at a certain face or body. But if it makes them happy, they should just do it. As for me, personally, I prefere actors I don't know yet, because I don't like if different roles mix up in my head or if the role gets mixed up with the actor, which is most likely to happen with a lot of the more popular actors.

And fore Jacks age: Well, your right, Let's say he just is rather old

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Greenee View Post
    edit: I've just watched the trailer. Don't think I like that, even if JB might be an eye-catcher.
    Really too bad. I admit I also started to watch because of John - I am in Germany and hadn't heard about "Arrow" before John was announced officially. But I quickly got totally hooked. I love all the actors, I love the story, I love especially the flashbacks to the island telling us how Oliver Queen became the man he is today... what's not to love?

I also like that there are no superpowers, that they make it more "real". Just ordinary people. Good looking ordinary people

There's a lot of twists and cliffhangers which really makes me desperatedly wait for the next episode. Which is totally new to me, because both with "Stargate" as well as "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood" I came into it years later and had lots of episodes to catch up with. With "Arrow", at the beginning I was so desperate, I watched the same three episodes over and over again while waiting for more. That is VERY new for me as well!

Another plus point is, that they film in Vancouver, I spot locations I have been to myself or seen before, just recently the art gallery had to be a justice court once again LOL James Bamford, which we all also know back from Stargate days, is doing the action scenes, and recently they had Ben Browder as a guest... and next week we will get Alex Kingston which you might know better as River Song...

Still not interested? Otherwise I would recommend the episode come Wednesday, it will be JB heavy from the spoiler pics I have seen. Not sure how much sense it will make without seeing the previous episodes, but you could still try. And yes, he looks extremely good in all those suits they put him. In the beginning he was called "the well-dressed man".

Here are the pictures I am talking about:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1164

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1169

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1170

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1171

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1172

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1173

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-ep...13428?pid=1175

i saw that Alex had been casted for a guest role and freaked for like an hour! she was recently on NCIS, another show i'm an avid of, and was just completely awesome.... i'd love to see River and Jack together on screen, but i doubt that's ever gonna happen [( unless it happens in the 50th aniversary docu-drama..... damn the BBC for being so tight-lipped about it )] but i'll i take John and Alex sharing screen time on Arrow.... i cannot wait!

First Lieutenant

Thanks for the pics, Astra.
    But I realy couldn't watch it. John does look good is this suit somehow, but he reminds me far too much of the villian (I think it was teh villian) in a daily soap, my mum uses to watch. This is an absolut no-go. No, no, I stik with Torchwood and Doctor Who or elese with you tube if I want to see some of this pretty man.

There's a lot of twists and cliffhangers which really makes me desperatedly wait for the next episode. Which is totally new to me, because both with "Stargate" as well as "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood" I came into it years later and had lots of episodes to catch up with. With "Arrow", at the beginning I was so desperate, I watched the same three episodes over and over again while waiting for more. That is VERY new for me as well!
    Yeah, same here with TW and DW (never saw Stargate, only the film just the other day; it was allright, but not that chatchy in my opinion°please no one stone me for this, since this seems to be a Stargate-Forum°). Now I have to wait for Doctor Who to continue on easter (if I am able to see, since I don't get BBC. Well it wored with the christmas special so I hope it will work again). In meantime I mayme manage to start chatching up with the classic who.

First Lieutenant

John Barrowman introduces the new NASA space shuttle called Orion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0p4-DlYh0s