This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zpm from "Brotherhood" looks depleted

I've been wrong about zpm concepts before but i'm pretty sure i have a point on this one.

I was just watching brotherhood for the 5th time and i noticed the zpm they found was ruby red (almost) and wasn't making that humming sound that zpms are supposed to make. And when i watched the lost city part 2 (sg-1), i noticed the zpm they found on taonas (think i spelt that wrong) was humming and glowing yellowy and the one that o'neill pulled out of the atlantus outpost in antarctica was just like the one from the brotherhood as in didn't humm or appear glowing?

Can i get others opinions on this dilema?
    And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

yes the ZPM was glowing because it had been used very recently,and the brotherhood one was just stuck in a wall.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

wasnt it said that it was more than likely a fully charged zpm as it the ppl on that planet could have never used it..

Comment

Yes but I doubt the Ancients would make something that glowed all the time, that is unless they had plans to use it as a night light too.
        This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

It still gets me though that the only time we see a zpm dark red and not humming is when it's been depleted(taonus). I'm not saying that the dagans used the zpm in brotherhood, but i just look at that zpm and wonder why its not glowing, as all the zpms we've seen used on the two shows were glowing/humming.
          And remember!

"Where there's a WILL... There's a WEAPON!"

- Nicolas Cage, Lord of War

"You can never be too rich, too stupid or too well armed!"

- Unknown

Comment

It could be that ZedPMs only glow and hum when they're being used, and are that nice dull yellow/red when they're just sitting around and making like a night-light.
            sigpic
            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

ZPMs don't glow unless they are doing something. The Lost City is the only episode where this is contradicted. However, since seasons 8 and 1 of SG1 and Atlantis both show ZPMs glowing when used, and not glowing when not being used, I'm more inclined to believe that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                It could be that ZedPMs only glow and hum when they're being used, and are that nice dull yellow/red when they're just sitting around and making like a night-light.

Your Canadian aren't you...

:-P sorry i couldn't help myself

O.k. anyway the ZPMS only glow yellow when they are being used, as our canadian friend here established (:-P) Although this ZPM looks different and is colored different could mean that i a newer edition and will run better and longer? Just a thought...

Comment

they hum? do i just miss the minor details?

Comment

Working...
                  X