No announcement yet.

Fair Game (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Thor's Hammer, he appears as a big guy to the Goa'ulds he catches.
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

I like this ep because its the first time the Asgard come to help us and the beginning of a long relationship between the Tau'ri and the Asgard. Also we get to see Yu who is my favorite system lords and we get to see the biggest weakness of the Goa'uld; they fight amongst them selves constantly. So this was a good ep to really set some plot lines for future eps.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was cool how we were introduced to 3 system lords rather than just one.
        The fact that each system lord also actually reappeared in some episodes was good unlike the retou
        It was a great episode and it did set up alot for future episodes which is always cool
        "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Comment

You know I think my mom is right I should be a lawyer. Cause I was so mad so mad. I know that the system lords can destroy us but i wanted jack to crush them. I was thinking that it should have been different. Even thought the argards and system lords chose onei'll to represent earth i think he should have requested that since there were going to be three system lords representing the Goa'ulds there should it have been three humans representing mankind. I even made a whole new argument that sam could've said. I think that they should have agree to let earht keep their stargate which they did and let humans keep advancing. Cause it's not fair what they were asking. they got the priviledge to go anywhere they want and they want to take that away from us. they develop new technology to enslave us and they don't want us to develop new technology to save us. they are so wrong. i think that they should've sign a treaty that forbids us from destroying their planets and then from destroying ours. and if we do meet in a planet we could battle it out. cause i bet we want peace but they won't let that happen so we will force to defend ourserves. I only seem them once and i already hate them. god if i were jack i would've let them have it and give them a piece of my mind. anyway i did like that sam is using the Goa'ulds device. at least that's on our side. They are so obnoxious I detest them.

Comment

I just rewatched this episode again and remembered how much I enjoyed it. Definitely one of my favourites.

It's quite nice to see the different viewpoints, and the way it is carried out is very effective. It's nice to see this kind of intergalatic politics at play, and is almost interesting it is as stable as it is. Foundations built on lies, bluffing, luck, distrust.

Good point - I tried to think about this - As the host is there too, and the host could be one of the more primitive humans (not yet reached the asgard level that they deserve to see their true form) that Thor's appearance could be for the hosts benefit?

Comment

Hi, new here.

Originally posted by Abydosian
              Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
              Good point - I tried to think about this - As the host is there too, and the host could be one of the more primitive humans (not yet reached the asgard level that they deserve to see their true form) that Thor's appearance could be for the hosts benefit?

You're probably right about the "host benefit" thing because when a degoa'ulded person comes out they probably live their life with the Cimmerians (as shown by Kendra) , so Thor would probably not want the host to be like, "Big scary guy, no, Thor's this little gray dude. Not very scary at all." But also, the host might have seen their Goa'uld talking to an Asguard (or even Thor himself) and figured out that the whole "Thor's a big Norse god" a ruse. Ah, just one of the many contradictions throughout Stargate SG-1, I hope Atlantis fares better.

Something else I noticed is about Nirrti's attempted assassination of Cronus. One would have to guess that she was in his room when she attacked him, if so then wouldn't they have noticed the door opening and closing for no reason before and after the attack? Of course this could be voided by saying that she simply followed right behind him when he entered, and that she was still in the room when they found Teal'c and Cronus on the floor and had moved around (still invisible) so that it appears that she's coming from her room. Still an interesting possible contradiction though.

Comment

This was a very odd episode, with the goa'uld sitting at a table negotiating a treaty. Not how we normally see them I liked how the episode went though with the whodunnit bit and jack and thor starting a loving relationship of nods and sarcasm. And Lord Yu ( who is cool till he goes senile) looks like the only goa'uld we ever see being honourable.(by letting us keep the stargate)

Comment

Although there's not many guns blazing in this episode, the politics are cool because they help us get a better feeling for where we stand in the universe. I thought that it was particularly shocking that the Asgard/Goa'uld treaty states that humans exist just to be hosts, and are to be suppressed technologically.

The cool part of that is that Thor's sneaking around behind their backs, protecting worlds and secretly hoping for the time when they're developed. It was also pretty darned clever the way the writers limited what the Asgard could do to help (because they're fighting the Replicators), but still give us a benevolent higher race to validate our position as "the good guys". Plus, Thor is adorable. If they sold Asgard plushies, they'd make millions.

One question, though. What did Nirrti stand to gain by assaulting Chronos and Teal'c? I mean, sure she could frame Teal'c and maybe even get the system lords to wipe out Earth, but why would she care about either of them? It seems more likely that she'd just set off the Tau'ri and get herself shot.

Comment

This was a very odd episode, with the goa'uld sitting at a table negotiating a treaty. Not how we normally see them s well as seeing some new ones for a change!! Jack and thor starting a loving relationship of nods and sarcasm was brilliant. And Lord Yu looks like the only goa'uld we ever see being honourable.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                      This was a very odd episode, with the goa'uld sitting at a table negotiating a treaty. Not how we normally see them s well as seeing some new ones for a change!! Jack and thor starting a loving relationship of nods and sarcasm was brilliant. And Lord Yu looks like the only goa'uld we ever see being honourable.
                      I love that Thor and Jack get along in the episode. It was an interesting episode and concept, but unlikely that nobody ripped another's throats out.

Comment

They kinda did.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant
                          One question, though. What did Nirrti stand to gain by assaulting Chronos and Teal'c? I mean, sure she could frame Teal'c and maybe even get the system lords to wipe out Earth, but why would she care about either of them? It seems more likely that she'd just set off the Tau'ri and get herself shot.
                          Cronus was one of the most powerful System Lords and had one of the largest armies. Nirrti wanted his army and territory to add to her own and she wanted sg-1 out of the way so she could become the most powerful Goa'uld and SG-1 wouldn't be able to stop her. She figured she'd be killing two birds with one stone. Unfortunatly for her, but fortunatly for Earth, she was found out and kicked out of the System Lords losing most of her army and territory.

Comment

At last we met with some other System Lords. It was funny how they found Earth technology primitive ( cameras "crude surveliance devices !" , Cronous' disdain with Sam's traetment ) but at the end it was Nurti who used M-16 ! At last we met with Nurti. I wonder if we shall see her again. She seemed a more like medicine , science minded Gou'old.

Comment

Have you seen later seasons? Nirrti does reappear in seasons 5 and 6.
                              SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

yes you are right she is a gou'ald who loves experimenting with science.

Spoiler:
                                Do you know she is dead now?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X