This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timeline for Stargate Events Thread

I was wondering if anybody knew when the ancient alliance of ancients, furlings,nox, and asgard would fit into the timeline between the rise of the goulds and plague of the ancients. How would atlantis fit into this timeline, how would the wraith fit in? This is the thread where you can give your own timeline for stargate events past, present or future. Have fun and lets have some good debate and discussions for what you think

I'm assuming:

Ancients Plague >> Lantean Ancients attacked by Wraith >> Rise of Goa'uld

That's probably 90% accurate.

The Ancient Alliance could fit in between or before any of those events.

Comment

This is a timeline using dates from the show and dates from various websites. Most Stargate dates are from SG-1 Transcripts.

65 million years ago [Website]
      85% of all species died in the End-Cretaceous (K-T) extinction event

Unknown [Full Circle]
      Daniel Jackson: "...the Ancients evolved from a race of humans that lived long before us. They were wiped out by a plague that was sweeping across the galaxy. Many learned to ascend, the rest died out."

Unknown [The Fifth Race]
      The Alliance of 4 great races, including the Ancients, Nox, Asgaurd, and Furlings, is built over many millennia

55-34 million years ago [Website]
      Eocene Epoch: Australia and Antarctic plates split apart. Most of the climate is sub tropical in North America and Europe. Early forms of horse, rhinoceros, camel, and other modern groups such as bats evolve in Europe and North America.

50 Million Years ago [Frozen]
      The antarctic gate is built, receives a new power source, or is recharged

30 million years ago [The Lost City II]
      Ancient outpost on Proklarush Taonas At is abandoned, or at least loses contact with Earth

24-5 million years ago [Website]
      Miocene Epoch: Mammal forms are essentially modern, and almost half of modern placental mammal families are present. A cold transantarctic ocean current isolates the waters around Antarctica, and the continent becomes permanently frozen.

5-10 million years [Rising I]
      The Ancients "pack up and leave" Earth in Atlantis. Daniel suggested is might be to avoid the plague

3 million years ago [Frozen]
      Aiyana (infected with the Plague) is buried in ice on Earth

Unknown [Window of Opportunity]
      The Ancients on P4X-639 flourished for thousands of years before being killed by the plague

Unknown [Threads]
      According to Jim, the device on Dakara was used "A million-odd years ago" to either restart to recreate life after the plague.

Unknown [The First Ones]
      Fossils of pre-stargate Goa'ulds are found on a planet "from millions of years ago."

800,000-900,000 years ago [Frozen]
      Humans evolve on earth (according to the show!)

130,000 years ago [Website]
      Homo Sapiens appear on Earth

Excerpt: The Seige II
      SHEPPARD: Yes, sir, we could do that. [He steps to the control podium. The doors close, the lights dim, and a map of the galaxy appears.] This is the status of the Pegasus galaxy, before the Ancients encountered the Wraith. The blue stars represent systems either inhabited by or protected by the Ancients. [He turns his attention to the controls, and the map is quickly engulfed with red.] Then, this is how it looked after they fought for almost a hundred years.
      SHEPPARD: Yes, sir. That's when the siege began. [The display changes to the solar system, and a model of the planet drops down between them.] For several more years, the Atlanteans were able to hold of their attackers, relying on the city shield and superior weaponry, including the weapon satellite system. [Wraith ships begin flying toward the hologram planet.] No matter how many Wraith ships they destroyed, more kept coming. They could win almost every battle, but they saw no way to win the war. So, they submerged the city, and left. [He turns off the hologram, and the lights come up.] That's it, that's the story. But the picture is pretty clear.

10,000 years ago [The Defiant One, The Brotherhood, Before I Sleep]
      Ancients abandon Atlantis, return to Earth

5,000 years ago [Website
      Human civilization begins

Unknown [Stargate: The Movie, Children of the Gods]
      Ra, an alien from a dying race, stumbles upon humans in Egypt. Impressed by the ease of repairing and inhabiting their bodies, he chooses one as a host and assumes the mantle of their pre-existing God. Others of his race do the same.

2,000-3,000 years ago [Frozen]
      A rebellion occurs on Earth and the Giza Gate is buried

500 years ago [Childhood's End]
      (in Pegasus Galaxy)Someone with knowledge of Ancient tech enacts a shield that disables technology. Note: it was 500 years on that planet, which may differ from Earth years
      Last edited by tlfoust; 04 July 2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tlfoust
        This is a timeline using dates from the show and dates from various websites. Most Stargate dates are from SG-1 Transcripts.

Unknown [Full Circle]
        Daniel Jackson: "...the Ancients evolved from a race of humans that lived long before us. They were wiped out by a plague that was sweeping across the galaxy. Many learned to ascend, the rest died out."

Unknown [The Fifth Race]
        The Alliance of 4 great races, including the Ancients, Nox, Asgaurd, and Furlings, is built over many millennia

55-34 million years ago [Website]
        Eocene Epoch: Australia and Antarctic plates split apart. Most of the climate is sub tropical in North America and Europe. Early forms of horse, rhinoceros, camel, and other modern groups such as bats evolve in Europe and North America.

Ancient outpost on Proklarush Taonas At is abandoned, or at least loses contact with Earth

24-5 million years ago [Website]
        Miocene Epoch: Mammal forms are essentially modern, and almost half of modern placental mammal families are present. A cold transantarctic ocean current isolates the waters around Antarctica, and the continent becomes permanently frozen.

5-10 million years [Rising I]
        The Ancients "pack up and leave" Earth in Atlantis. Daniel suggested is might be to avoid the plague

Unknown [Window of Opportunity]
        The Ancients on P4X-639 flourished for thousands of years before being killed by the plague

Unknown [Threads]
        According to Jim, the device on Dakara was used "A million-odd years ago" to either restart to recreate life after the plague.

Unknown [The First Ones]
        Fossils of pre-stargate Goa'ulds are found on a planet "from millions of years ago."

800,000-900,000 years ago [Frozen]
        Humans evolve on earth (according to the show!)

130,000 years ago [Website]
        Homo Sapiens appear on Earth

Excerpt: The Seige II
        SHEPPARD: Yes, sir, we could do that. [He steps to the control podium. The doors close, the lights dim, and a map of the galaxy appears.] This is the status of the Pegasus galaxy, before the Ancients encountered the Wraith. The blue stars represent systems either inhabited by or protected by the Ancients. [He turns his attention to the controls, and the map is quickly engulfed with red.] Then, this is how it looked after they fought for almost a hundred years.
        SHEPPARD: Yes, sir. That's when the siege began. [The display changes to the solar system, and a model of the planet drops down between them.] For several more years, the Atlanteans were able to hold of their attackers, relying on the city shield and superior weaponry, including the weapon satellite system. [Wraith ships begin flying toward the hologram planet.] No matter how many Wraith ships they destroyed, more kept coming. They could win almost every battle, but they saw no way to win the war. So, they submerged the city, and left. [He turns off the hologram, and the lights come up.] That's it, that's the story. But the picture is pretty clear.

10,000 years ago [The Defiant One, The Brotherhood, Before I Sleep]
        Ancients abandon Atlantis, return to Earth

5,000 years ago [Website
        Human civilization begins

Unknown [Stargate: The Movie, Children of the Gods]
        Ra, an alien from a dying race, stumbles upon humans in Egypt. Impressed by the ease of repairing and inhabiting their bodies, he chooses one as a host and assumes the mantle of their pre-existing God. Others of his race do the same.

2,000-3,000 years ago [Frozen]
        A rebellion occurs on Earth and the Giza Gate is buried

500 years ago [Childhood's End]
        (in Pegasus Galaxy)Someone with knowledge of Ancient tech enacts a shield that disables technology. Note: it was 500 years on that planet, which may differ from Earth years
        most of it is accurate, but i do recall on multiple occasions in which Mckay stated that 10,000 years ago was the dawn of human civilization.

Comment

Hrm, I'm guessing you sort of forgot about adding the word Earth in here, since the K-T event didn't wipe out life on Abydos or Chulak.

Unknown [The Fifth Race]
          Not sure why you added this in the "millions of years ago" section. A millennia is 1000 years.
          The alliance was built over several millennia, but it never ended. This would mean the alliance was built in the last several millennia, not several millennia a few million years ago.

Nice wording.

They never said when this happened. Carter said something about the planet being charred by the expansion of the parent star, which supposedly happened within the last million years, but probably longer.

The thing that bugs me about this date is that Ayiana was seen in the Outpost as Atlantis left Earth. I seriously doubt 2-7 million years elapsed between Atlantis leaving and Ayiana being frozen.
          I know they had the stasis pod gizmo in the outpost, but humans apparently couldn't survive in one of those for longer than about 10,000 years, and aging continues while you're in stasis; Ayiana looked the same.

The rest looks pretty good though.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
            Not sure why you added this in the "millions of years ago" section. A millennia is 1000 years.
            The alliance was built over several millennia, but it never ended. This would mean the alliance was built in the last several millennia, not several millennia a few million years ago.
            You're absolutely right- it should most likely be placed in the 5-10 million years ago, since that seems to be a the evening of the ancient civilization. Since the ancients are such big fans of not interefering with the non-ascended (i.e., Threads), we know that the alliance had to happen before the plague.

They never said when this happened. Carter said something about the planet being charred by the expansion of the parent star, which supposedly happened within the last million years, but probably longer.
            Lost City II
            (on Proklarush Taonas)
            CARTER: That’s our solar system. (The image homes in on the third planet). Earth!
            TEAL’C (looking at the shapes of the continents): That does not appear to be Earth.
            DANIEL: That’s because it doesn’t take into consideration thirty million years of continental drift.

How would Daniel know this? Beats me, but that's where I got it from.

The thing that bugs me about this date is that Ayiana was seen in the Outpost as Atlantis left Earth. I seriously doubt 2-7 million years elapsed between Atlantis leaving and Ayiana being frozen.
            I know they had the stasis pod gizmo in the outpost, but humans apparently couldn't survive in one of those for longer than about 10,000 years, and aging continues while you're in stasis; Ayiana looked the same.
            It bothers me too, but that's definately the date they give...
            Jackson: I've figured the ancients packed up their entire city somewhere between five and ten million years ago.
            Sam: "The ice core sample that Osbourne brought back places Aiyana in the same vein as the Stargate. She's at least three million years old.

We don't know how long the ancient lifespan was, so it's possible they could use their own stasis pods for way more than 10,000 years.

I think the bigger mystery involves whether humans and Ancients existed at the same time (see: Did the ancient knew about... thread), AND the circumstances around the Atlanteans returning to Earth after Homo Sapiens had evolved, and the apparent absence of the plague on Earth.

Comment

It bothers me too, but that's definately the date they give...
              Jackson: I've figured the ancients packed up their entire city somewhere between five and ten million years ago.
              Sam: "The ice core sample that Osbourne brought back places Aiyana in the same vein as the Stargate. She's at least three million years old.

We don't know how long the ancient lifespan was, so it's possible they could use their own stasis pods for way more than 10,000 years.

I think the bigger mystery involves whether humans and Ancients existed at the same time (see: Did the ancient knew about... thread), AND the circumstances around the Atlanteans returning to Earth after Homo Sapiens had evolved, and the apparent absence of the plague on Earth.
              Sadly I'm forgetting again the beginning of Rising. Was it established with certainty that the woman left behind was the same one found in Frozen? Tptb have a bad habit of reusing actors. It's possible they were meant to be different people.

Another possibility is that after Aiyanna was left behind she ascended, messed up and was descended at a much later date.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

You're absolutely right- it should most likely be placed in the 5-10 million years ago, since that seems to be a the evening of the ancient civilization. Since the ancients are such big fans of not interefering with the non-ascended (i.e., Threads), we know that the alliance had to happen before the plague.
                Um, my point was that the alliance didn't likely happen until after the ancients returned to Earth from Pegasus (10,000 years ago). I mean, that would explain why the Asgard and the Goa'uld don't get along.

Lost City II
                (on Proklarush Taonas)
                CARTER: That’s our solar system. (The image homes in on the third planet). Earth!
                TEAL’C (looking at the shapes of the continents): That does not appear to be Earth.
                DANIEL: That’s because it doesn’t take into consideration thirty million years of continental drift.

How would Daniel know this? Beats me, but that's where I got it from.
                Ooo, subtle! The only problem is that Atlantis (or other city-ships like it) leave these outposts behind when they leave to seed another world (or galaxy). Does this mean that Taonas was a planet seeded by the Lantians (like Earth) before they left the Milky Way?

I actually prefer thinking that Dr. Jackson's assumption of 5-10 million years isn't as accurate as Dr. Osbourne's calculation of the age of the ice. That means no unusual lifespan needed, Daniel was just off.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                X