This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally the PTB at SGA are finally smarting UP :D

Im very very pleased with the critical mass story, they are finally, finally including more sg1 themes into the sga universe. No more of the foolish voyager stuff where nothing counted and nothing in startrek history past counted. Finally thankyou, everybody check out the critical mass storyline, its going to change everything, and make SGA matter thankyou

Don't get too excited, its probably a lead in story for the crossover. Besides, putting in too many Sg-1 element would make it a clone not its own show.

Why do some Stargate fans want a replica of SG-1, we already have a SG-1 we don't need two.

Comment

SGA matters plenty now. I agree that the "Critical Mass" storyline looks intriguing, but to imply that association with SG-1 is the only good thing Atlantis has going for it is short-sighted. By the way, I don't think the Atlantis PTB were ever "dumb" in the first place.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I used to work for Clear Channel (the much too large broadcasting company), and the corporate mantra was, "Synergy!"

How can we use one product to promote another? It's pretty standard practice these days.....and TPTB are doing it too. While I was surprised to read that a
        Spoiler:
        Goa'uld was going to show up in Atlantis.....
        I guess everyone has to be somewhere!

Comment

I cant wait fo atlantis to be intertwined with sg-1

Comment

I'd also like to add a crossover under these circumstances makes a lot of sense, again I like the idea of an Atlantis episode leading into the crossover. My biggest complaint with crossovers involving any show is that there is neevr enough time in an episode to tie up the storyline and give all the characters enough airtime.
            And Im not against crossover, a crossover once a season makes sense to me

Comment

they arent dumb but they certainly werent making sga a part of the sg universe. I love how the PTB's are finally getting off the high horse of we want tobe distinct so were not using anything from the original universe and nothing will matter for each others show. I think thats wrong, thats what was wrong with voyager, enterprise, and deep space 9. The best part of voyager I thought was when people in voyager discovered that the dominion destroyed there lives. I wished they flushed out that storyline more. I wished they got home, and had a season or 2 at home, dealing with the consequences of their long voyage home. SGA could have easily became voyager, but the PTB finally came to their senses bravo

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              SGA matters plenty now. I agree that the "Critical Mass" storyline looks intriguing, but to imply that association with SG-1 is the only good thing Atlantis has going for it is short-sighted. By the way, I don't think the Atlantis PTB were ever "dumb" in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                they arent dumb but they certainly werent making sga a part of the sg universe. I love how the PTB's are finally getting off the high horse of we want tobe distinct so were not using anything from the original universe and nothing will matter for each others show. I think thats wrong, thats what was wrong with voyager, enterprise, and deep space 9. The best part of voyager I thought was when people in voyager discovered that the dominion destroyed there lives. I wished they flushed out that storyline more. I wished they got home, and had a season or 2 at home, dealing with the consequences of their long voyage home. SGA could have easily became voyager, but the PTB finally came to their senses bravo
                I think Atlantis is sort of like Voyager and Deep Space Nine rolled into one, where SG-1 was The Original Series and The Next Generation rolled into one.

Lets see, if the formula stands, then Atlantis should be getting a Defiant (Daedalus) to fight the Borg (Wraith), and SG-1 has to deal with The Dominion (Ori), Klingons (Jaffa) and Romulans (Goa'uld).

Weird.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                  I think Atlantis is sort of like Voyager and Deep Space Nine rolled into one, where SG-1 was The Original Series and The Next Generation rolled into one.

Lets see, if the formula stands, then Atlantis should be getting a Defiant (Daedalus) to fight the Borg (Wraith), and SG-1 has to deal with The Dominion (Ori), Klingons (Jaffa) and Romulans (Goa'uld).

Weird.
                  That is a pretty damn wierd connection, yet it's true. There are no more original science-fiction stories, just variations. Personally, some of the variations (SG-1's "Heroes" or Atlantis' "Before I sleep") are very good.
                  sigpic
                  In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin

Weird.
                    Never did think of it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
                      Don't get too excited, its probably a lead in story for the crossover. Besides, putting in too many Sg-1 element would make it a clone not its own show.
                      Spoiler:
                      Carter is to be on this next episode of SGA. Though I wish that all of the team was.

Why do some Stargate fans want a replica of SG-1, we already have a SG-1 we don't need two.
                      I don't want a replica of SG-1, like you said. I would get turn off to quick to fast.

Comment

Voyager???

*slap*

Stop comparing it to Voyager!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          While I was surprised to read that a
                          Spoiler:
                          Goa'uld was going to show up in Atlantis.....
                          I guess everyone has to be somewhere!
                          I haven't heard that rumor. Where did it come from? I read long ago that TPTB were NOT even going to consider that scenario. Not that I'm against it.

Comparing Jaffa to Klingons? Um. .no. Gou'ald's are Romulans? Um, don't see anything similar there either. "Voyager"? Actually, in SGA I see more similarities to "Babylon 5" than "Voyager".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Maybe this will mean they finally bring sum zats into atlanits, i hope so they one of my fav weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                              Im very very pleased with the critical mass story, they are finally, finally including more sg1 themes into the sga universe. No more of the foolish voyager stuff where nothing counted and nothing in startrek history past counted. Finally thankyou, everybody check out the critical mass storyline, its going to change everything, and make SGA matter thankyou
                              SGA was and is plenty smart as it is.

SGA stands on its own, without needing SG-1 crossovers, themes, or characters.

SGA is not in the least comparable to Voyager.

SGA can incorporate many changes. They do not have to be SG-1 changes.

SGA matters plenty, right now, thank you very much.
                              ~*~*~*~*~*
                              not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Working...
                              X