This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy in Atlantis, spoilers "Critical Mass"

(SPOILERS below for the Atlantis Season Two episode "Critical Mass" ...)

A Goa'uld is the culprit, in the season 2 Atlantis ep. This Goa'uld has apparently alerted the Wraith, and has also set a bomb to detonate in the city, the Goa'uld in Pegasus, what has it all come to?
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 July 2005, 03:58 PM.

Originally posted by JanusAncient
    A Goa'uld is the culprit, in the season 2 Atlantis ep. This Goa'uld has apparently alerted the Wraith, and has also set a bomb to detonate in the city, the Goa'uld in Pegasus, what has it all come to?
    I absolutely HATE that premise! Goa'uld should be kept completely seperate of Stargate: Atlantis. There are plenty of other enemies and its unrealistic to think that a goa'uld could get into atlantis in the first place. For one, they shouldnt even know it exists. Disappointing.
    Official F.O.R.D. Website

President (Ret.) and Founder
    The Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    (F.O.R.D.)

Comment

could the title of this thread be changed? even being in the season 2 folder that is a major spoiler and shouldnt be in the title and can ruin it for those trying to stay spoiler free.

Comment

Originally posted by jefesito
        I absolutely HATE that premise! Goa'uld should be kept completely seperate of Stargate: Atlantis. There are plenty of other enemies and its unrealistic to think that a goa'uld could get into atlantis in the first place. For one, they shouldnt even know it exists. Disappointing.
        Actually from an episode of SG1 we know that Baal is currently hanging out on Earth, he has taken on the role of a high level business man. Who's not to say he has used his new position to obtain everything he can on the status of Earths technology and the extent of SG1 operations. Surely he would learn of Atlantis through dealing *taking over* certain business associates involved in Area 51 and X302/303 construction, as well as reverse engineering of recovered Atlantis tech.

I know thats what I'd do, plus he is probably planning on destroying Atlantis since he has no chance of getting to it himself. Makes sense since allowing your enemy access to such a source of high level technology doesn't serve the goauld in the Milkyway well.

Comment

So critical mass is the episode airing before the crossover event with SG-1. I actually like that idea bcse it makes sense for the SG-1 to team up with SGA if a goa'uld is in Atlantis.

My gut reaction was oh crap but from the sounds of it, its only 1 Goa'uld, not the situation i envisioned with the goa'uld taking over Atlantis ( boy that would be dumb) so I think this should be potentially interesting.

Also, it airs early enough that we shouldn't be seeing any crazy SG-1 ideas taking over Atlantis in the season finale so Im not too worried. I'd be more upset if this aired toward the end of the season. I hate when they end season's with crossovers.

Comment

if u were running atlantis wouldnt u have somone constantly on that bio reading machine thingy ? as seen in episode "sanctuary", it detects life signs within the city doesnt it, so the goa'uld would be detected.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              could the title of this thread be changed? even being in the season 2 folder that is a major spoiler and shouldnt be in the title and can ruin it for those trying to stay spoiler free.
              i agree!

(F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
                Actually from an episode of SG1 we know that Baal is currently hanging out on Earth, he has taken on the role of a high level business man. Who's not to say he has used his new position to obtain everything he can on the status of Earths technology and the extent of SG1 operations. Surely he would learn of Atlantis through dealing *taking over* certain business associates involved in Area 51 and X302/303 construction, as well as reverse engineering of recovered Atlantis tech.

I know thats what I'd do, plus he is probably planning on destroying Atlantis since he has no chance of getting to it himself. Makes sense since allowing your enemy access to such a source of high level technology doesn't serve the goauld in the Milkyway well.
                i think the whole idea that the stargate isnt secure is junk. A program like the stargate would have to be infalliblely secure. The writers need to reinforce this. There is no way that buissness men could get a hold on tech in Area 51...its ludicrious, and to think that a goa'uld could make it to atlantis is preposterous. In fact its laughable. The cross over is cool...but a goa'uld! Come on writers...cant you think of something better. Even an orii cross over would be better than this, especially considering that the goa'uld are defeated. its time to let go of our goa'uld friends, they had a good run, but as far as enemies go...they are getting old REALLY fast.

(F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Originally posted by jefesito
                  same here, the whole thing is a shamm, TPTB said they want to keep the establised mythos seperate ( not bringing ZATs etc) and then they put the mythos in the other show directly! talk about contradiction! this is pathetic, i hate the wraith because their space vamps, i hate bomb races and i hate the goauld cos they are just annoying with the vioce and the arrogence, when frankly if you aim anything that fires bullets at them when they wont have a zillion jaffa around them they die instantly and dont know a thing about the technology they utalise.............this is one episode i swear i wont watch, euch the goauld a bomb and the wraith in one episode.....the only way ill watch this is if the daedalus has to battle wraith ships, thats the only way!
                  rant over
                  Immhotep
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

how do the gould know about atlantis?

how did the gould get past sgc medical test and personell backround check?

how can they be so stupid?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                      I don't want to sound rude but where are you getting your information. It's kind of a bold claim to make without any proof
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                        I don't want to sound rude but where are you getting your information. It's kind of a bold claim to make without any proof
                        its the newest report from GW check the main page.

Comment

I hope that Ba'al want to make alliance with the Wraith.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

well theyre always after ancient tech... we have an ancient base in antarctica so maybe they sent someone to investigate... although im not sure how theyd get past xrays and ultrasound scans... i doubt that potion thing that the goauld on langara used could actually hide a symbiote from xrays and such... hmm
                            and might i say
                            ITD BE SO COOL TO SEE A GOAULD ON ATLANTIS
                            ooo i hope they bring a tokra along haha

Comment

Woa. I'm excited. A Goa'uld on Atlantis!

Comment

Working...
                              X