Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Seth (302)

Default Re: Seth (302)

The way he was killed was great. Just flung into the ground with the hand device!

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Then daniel and them were like "you killed him", haha..

I still thin he was not *quite* dead....hoping he will, someday, turn up again...
    Last edited by Iskandra; June 22nd, 2004 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typos...
    http://www.alexandra-velten.net/pix/iskandrasig.jpg
    Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Feh. He was a loser.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Rider
    I remeber when Carter's dad was in the elevator and Selmak was *****ing because her father was angry or something about her brother.
    Jacob and Mark had spoken to each other for a long time. It had to when his, Mark's and Sam's mother died.

I thought is was interesting that this eposide showed that the host and the symbote don't alway agree with the way things are going, just as friends don't always agree with things.

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

That's one thing that's always kind of bugged me though. If the host and the symbiote had a really serious disagreement over how to do something how is that resolved? It seems from looking at the Gou'ald that the symbiote could take over the body at will. And from what they've shown of the Tokra I don't think the symbiote would hesitate to override the host if it thought their mission was in jeopardy.

I like the interaction between Jacob and Jack in this episode too. They're funny together.

My guess is that the evil symbiote takes control!

for some reason I really liked this episode

elevator scene. snubbin in tthe atf agents face about talking to the commander and chief, the humor of teal'c and jack oh man this was a great episode and seeing sam f that goauld up oh mman

Chief Master Sergeant Yu Huang Shang Ti's Avatar

This episode sorta reinforces the fact that the sarcophagus is partially what make the Goa'uld as evil as they are, with the genetic memories of their race's evils being the other part. Even though Seth was "hiding out" on Earth, at the same time it should've been a fairly trivial issue for him to maneuver himself into positions of power. The System Lords never came looking for him during the Pax Romana or the later Chinese Dynasties or during the Russian Revolution because the gate was buried, so what difference would they know if he periodically tried conquering the world under the guise of mortal emperors and warlords?

But, he didn't. Instead of gaining power over the planet at the cost of his godhood, Seth was content to have small, dedicated groups in his immediate vicinity worship him in his true persona. That goes to show you that even without the sarcophagus, the Goa'uld still crave power, but even more than that, they crave adolation and worship. I think that the missing brain scramble from the sarcophagus is what really kept him from rising up.

Of course it's just a theory, but as the saying goes, a theory which happens to fit the facts. Continue your regularly scheduled episodic praise.

Oh, and the Jaffa joke totally made me bust a gut, half from the joke itself and half from Teal'c's laugh and the total lack of reaction from everyone else.

The joke was the best bit of it all! I loved that scene

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Setesh could have made a great repeat villian. Too bad he never made it offworld.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

I agree. I think his death must have hurt a lot the first swipe into the ground

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

I like the epsiode, but always find myself wishing:

A) that they'd made Seth less of a milk toast goa'uld. They say he's bad, and talk about him, but he just doesn't play well as the embodyment of chaos.

B) I wish there had been more done with Sam's brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    A) that they'd made Seth less of a milk toast goa'uld. They say he's bad, and talk about him, but he just doesn't play well as the embodyment of chaos.

I don't think Seth was that evil for a Gou'ald. All he did was make his people say that "Seth is great". Well, we expect people to say that to him, but I think he was a bit of a lame 'mini-ruler'.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    I don't think Seth was that evil for a Gou'ald. All he did was make his people say that "Seth is great". Well, we expect people to say that to him, but I think he was a bit of a lame 'mini-ruler'.
    Seth was evil, no doubt (I mean he enslaved people, maybe not by their thousands or millions, but it's still evil). But he wasn't in a position to be a big threat to humanity. He was hiding from Ra and the system lords and needed to keep a reasonably low profile. Compared to other Goa'uld, I suppose that did make him a bit 'lame', but he still needed to be taken care of.

Airman

I think it's a pity they had to kill Seth - he would have been interesting to keep around when Osiris comes in, given that Osiris will likely be very unhappy with him.

Regarding the Jaffa joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazedwraith
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    Tealc's laugh is what got me. I also love Sam's and Jack's reactions when Daniel tells them how they might be used in Seth's compound if they're captured.
    Last edited by jckfan55; October 21st, 2004 at 04:58 PM. Reason: added context

Did anyone notice the pic of Daniel on a camel in his office? It looked like Spader's Daniel to me. They never showed it up close to make out any features, but it didn't look like MS to me. Ummm, maybe it's me, but shouldn't he have a picture of Sha're on his desk?

It almost makes me want to go and search for Setesh on the Internet.

It's a good thing Selmak didn't resurface when the ATF guys were around. Sam gets her Dad plus a bonus person.

I wished they had done more with Mark, too. He has to know about Jacob being a Tok'ra, doesn't he? Hammond once said civilians sign non-disclosure agreements, but why would civilians know about the SGC unless one of their family members became Tok'ra'ed or Goa'ulded?

Lisa Michelle

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    I wished they had done more with Mark, too. He has to know about Jacob being a Tok'ra, doesn't he? Hammond once said civilians sign non-disclosure agreements, but why would civilians know about the SGC unless one of their family members became Tok'ra'ed or Goa'ulded?
    I doubt they've told Mark either about Selmak or about what his sister does. Biggest secret in the country, he doesn't have a need to know. I doubt they told Sarah Gardner's family either.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast