This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite and Least Favourite of Season 1

I love hearing people's opinions on their favourite and least favourite episodes!

What are everybody's two choices for the best and worst of Season 1?

Best: The Seige, part 2 (I love episodes that feel epic like 'lost city' on SG-1)

Worst: Home (I don't know why but I didn't like it all that much)
    'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Best: The Siege 1 & 2 (thought they were a really good end to the season)
    Couldn't pick just one..

Worst: Sanctuary (Didn't mind it, Just didn't find it all that interesting! The whole sheppard thing put my off I think.. )
    Last edited by Nanks; 01 July 2005, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I think the rising episodes were good.

Comment

Thematically, Poisoning the Well was pretty strong, I really liked that there were engaging issues other than survival involved; I loved the teamwork, action, crisis and villain in The Storm and The Eye--finally water in Atlantis!; The "letters" in Letters from Pegasus ranged from hysterical to inspiring to tear-jerking, packing a potent punch; Siege, Part 2 was pretty much plain old edge-of-your-seat action from start to finish; and Thirty Eight Minutes had a similar tension without the benefit of lots of guns, plus plenty of team development and a Gate-related plot.
        I can't choose a favorite!

Least favorite is easy, though--Sanctuary.
        I was half-expecting them to absolve the behavior of Sheppard and McKay by saying they were under the influence of an alien virus or something. Although I've read people trying to explain it away, that episode was just off to me, plus I didn't find Chaya remotely sympathetic.
        Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Best: Before I Sleep

Worst: Childhoods End

Comment

The Siege Part 1 and 2 were both amazing
            Sanctuary was the worst one but The ancient woman was hot so I am not complaining
            sigpic

Comment

I liked Siege 2, Before I Sleep, and the videos home portion of Letters From Pegasus - very touching.

Worst - Sanctuary. Poorly done all the way around, but my hubby thought Chaya was pretty.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Fave:
                Sanctuary, don't get why people didn't like this one, I loved it.
                Hot Zone, The Shepp/Weir thing was interesting.
                Maybe more to come, we still have a few eps left to the end of S1 here.

Not Fave:
                The Storm/Eye, I felt the deaths were too matter of fact.

Comment

Fav: suprisingly the clips show, Letters from Pegasus. Touching, hysterical, character-insight moments... gotta love it. Beautifully written and acted, and it was a nice review of the season and a preview of what's to come (SGC contact). Before I Sleep, Rising, and the Sieges both deserve honorable mentions too.

Least fav: Skanktuary. Need I say more.

Comment

Favorite: Letters From Pegasus, too: Great way to show the best and worst of how people perform under pressure. (I hate Cavanaugh, but liked how he provided some kind of opposition to Weir's leadership, showing that not everything she had to do was popular)

Least: Childhood's End/ Sanctuary: Both were equally pretty weak.
                    Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Favorite(s): Can't choose between Hot Zone and The Defiant One... Also The Eye was awesome!

Least Favorite: Sanctuary. I was bored during this episode. Chaya kind of annoyed me. With the whole thing 'oh, I'm not helping you people. I just came here because I got the hots for John because OMG I'M SO LONELY!'

... Yeah, it was boring and had no real point. Yet I liked b!tchy Rodney

Sanctuary is probably the ONLY episode of the season that I did not like lol.

I'd have to say that Atlantis Season 1 is just... wow. Lots of shows when they start out have a horrible Season 1, but this was just amazing lol. Hopefully it only gets better from here on out

*waits for next week*

Ah crap, I work on that Saturday! Day!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

The Storm/The Eye, and Siege 1 & 2 were best.

Sanctuary was awful. Almost needed a barf bucket when the "hot Ancient chick" came out in that wedding dress thing.

Comment

^ yeah, The Seige Part 1 was also one of the best.

The Seige Part 2 wasn't as great as part one... Everett kind of ruined it for me...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Best: Absolutely has to be THE SIEGE, PART 2 - great light show (next to Lost City, Part 2, its so far my most favorite episode)

Worst: Has to be CHILDHOOD'S END - God, i hated that episode. SOOOO boring.
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                              Thematically, Poisoning the Well was pretty strong, I really liked that there were engaging issues other than survival involved; I loved the teamwork, action, crisis and villain in The Storm and The Eye--finally water in Atlantis!; The "letters" in Letters from Pegasus ranged from hysterical to inspiring to tear-jerking, packing a potent punch; Siege, Part 2 was pretty much plain old edge-of-your-seat action from start to finish; and Thirty Eight Minutes had a similar tension without the benefit of lots of guns, plus plenty of team development and a Gate-related plot.
                              I can't choose a favorite!

Least favorite is easy, though--Sanctuary.
                              I was half-expecting them to absolve the behavior of Sheppard and McKay by saying they were under the influence of an alien virus or something. Although I've read people trying to explain it away, that episode was just off to me, plus I didn't find Chaya remotely sympathetic.
                              I agree with you Fanwoman. Sanctuary was a bit like Hathor but without the mind controling substance.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X