Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start letting Scifi know you want a 10th season of SG1 and a 3rd season of SGA

I know this may be jumping the gun and this might even be posted in the wrong place but it is my firm belief that season 9 and season 2 of both shows will be amazing. Therefore I believe that the Scifi Channel should get to work signing new deals for the show. Now I know that this may be not so popular with some people but I hope that if enough people let Scifi see how commited they are to SG1 and SGA, our favorite shows will be picked up for another amazing season.
    Last edited by slaphanson; 28 June 2005, 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Indeed!

I agree! I'll be sending off a postcard this week, letting them know how great both shows are and how much I want to see another season's worth in 2006/07. Good suggestion!
    EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Don't you think it would carry more weight with the network, if we at least WAITED until the first shows aired? Then, if they are up to the quality of what we are used too, and I sincerely hope they are, then we deluge the SciFi channel with postcards, emails, boxes of blue Jello...oh, wait, wrong thread. Sorry..... Skip the jello!

Comment

Yeah, the episodes haven't even started airing.

You could see the first few episodes of SG-1 Season 9 or SGA Season 2 and just say, 'Oh this is crap' and change your mind

Plus, the big wigs were saying that there will probably be a Season 10. There are really good ratings right now, ratings will probably still be good for Season 9, and they said that they can't just introduce a new enemy and everything and just have one season of it

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
          Don't you think it would carry more weight with the network, if we at least WAITED until the first shows aired? Then, if they are up to the quality of what we are used too, and I sincerely hope they are, then we deluge the SciFi channel with postcards, emails, boxes of blue Jello...oh, wait, wrong thread. Sorry..... Skip the jello!
          Yeah, talk about ways to be dismissed by Skiffy as a a "nutjob fanboy or fangirl." Skiffy is very savvy about letters and the like. I actually spoke to somebody who interned at Skiffy once, and apparently they think a lot of fan-types are annoying if not crazy!

I am one of those who doesn't know if I do want S10/S3 yet.

SGA has to improve and SG1 has to prove they can regain the quality level of the ShowTime days with a new crew and some new ideas. If not, I'll probably give up on both.
          Last edited by Darth Buddha; 28 June 2005, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
            I am one of those who doesn't know if I do want S10/S3 yet.
            As am I - I have tried to avoid major spoilers so I can form my opinions on season 9 of SG-1 and season 2 of Atlantis as I see them.

Comment

I believe hinted at the fact of needing a 10th season if there is going to be a movie so i'm very hopefull
              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Well they practically re-written SG1 so its like a new spin-off, they'll probably last for more than one season!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                  Dont you mean green jello?

or red if they refuse

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

i remember hearing in an interview somewhere that the atlantis cast signed 6 year contracts, so if nothing goes horribly wrong there will be a 3rd season. As for sg1, i think its been better since moving to sci-fi(LOVED season 6-thats actually when i started watching it). the quality of season 9 will determine if the show should go on. if you have ever watched a show that has been on for a really, really long time, there are distinct "eras" in that shows history, and season 9 seems to be the beginning of a new one for sg1.

Comment

The six year contract for SGA actors sounds about right, but remember, the Star Trek: Enterprise signed seven year contracts, and came up three seasons short... despite the fact that that show started getting it right in their last season.

Skiffy tends to axe shows without much provokation (note the losses of I-man and Farscape, the latter cancelled after Skiffy had announced it had aired only oen of two promised "renewed" seasons), so Atlantis will probably have to continue with current numbers or get into trouble quickly. I'd imagine SG-1 is on a similar footing. However, the fact that "The Dead Zone" on sister channel U.S.A. (now also controlled by former Scifi Channel head Bonnie Hammer) has been continued into its FOURTH season despite at times dubious numbers might mean the management is seeing reasons to let series develop through rough patches now as they have not in the past.

Comment

Sorry, what's Skiffy?? *hides in corner*

From my understanding, a lot of people didn't like season 6 (don't know why). Now imagine if people didn't want SG-1 to be renewed based on what they saw in season 6. Imho, some of the best stuff happened on the show since then. Is it really fair to judge whether or not a show should go on based on one season? Of course some seasons are going to be better than others, so I don't think we should jump to any conclusions just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                          Sorry, what's Skiffy?? *hides in corner*

From my understanding, a lot of people didn't like season 6 (don't know why). Now imagine if people didn't want SG-1 to be renewed based on what they saw in season 6. Imho, some of the best stuff happened on the show since then. Is it really fair to judge whether or not a show should go on based on one season? Of course some seasons are going to be better than others, so I don't think we should jump to any conclusions just yet.
                          Please don't hide. Sciffy is an affectionate (coughs) term for the SciFi channel.

As for jumping to conclusions, some people will always jump to conclusions, the rest of us will wait until we have something to jump at. I personally would love to jump at Ben Browder, but hey, we all have dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            Dont you mean green jello?

or red if they refuse
                            Nope, I meant blue jello, as in the jello of champions, ie, Sam Carter!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                              Of course some seasons are going to be better than others, so I don't think we should jump to any conclusions just yet.
                              Yep. Either way. Writing Skiffy and asking for the show to be renewed for Seasons 10/3 of SG1/SGA would probably be as premature as writing them asking them to cancel both shows based on the spoilers we have for those respective seasons!

Comment

Working...
                              X