No announcement yet.

Into the Fire (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But i find it quite interesting that the goa'uld and his jaffa at the gate didn't really expect reinforcements to come from it or at the very least they weren't prepared.

Comment

I thought it was average but at least George got a little curious on went off-world....

Comment

I watched this last night thanks to the dvd set that I got for Christmas! I thought it was a good episode. I do have a question..
        Spoiler:
        why doesn't the tok'ra caves disappear like in the episode ( I forget the name) where the team and Jacob are in the disappearing caves since the tok'ra have to leave. I thought that it always happens like that. Or did the caves stay since there was an operative still on the planet? I noticed that they were abanoned, I'm just curious on why they didn't disappear.
        Hopefully, the question makes sense to someone.

I smiled at the part in which Gen. Hammond goes "hee-haw"..and I thought that Teal'c look was geniune.
        Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

I believe, and the GateWorld episode analysis agrees, that the single Tok'ra operative built the tunnels for her own use, and intended to collapse them when she left the planet.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I'd assumed much the same thing myself. We don't get to see how extensive the tunnel system is, so it's perfectly plausible that she had constructed a small network to use while she was 'on-world', and would have collapsed it upon leaving.

And, of course, I just have to concur with the greatness of sending Hammond off-world (at long last!).

Plus, it gets me the chance to use one of the great new smilies that has appeared while I've been away on my Chrimbo travels!
            sigpic

Comment

I agree.

You say they looked abandoned, I believe they have looked like that since they were created. The tunnels are not a base they are just used for transportation.
              sigpic

Comment

i thought this was a funny bit where general hammond was firing the ship and he said yea ha i just thought that was really funny

Comment

And we never knew he had it in him!

Yeeeeee haaaaa!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Can I just say one thing?

The part where Sam's being tortured by Hathor, and then Jack throws Hathor in the freezing thing... AWESOME..

Then of course, the wonderful hug after that... but who pays attention to little things like that?
                    my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Jack pretending to be a Goa'uld was priceless. "You heard me, I said Kree!"

And the needle threader was so cool, real shame they never brought that back.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

jack pretending to be goa'uld- lol. the hug between jack and sam- squee . good episode and season opener imho

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
                          Can I just say one thing?

The part where Sam's being tortured by Hathor, and then Jack throws Hathor in the freezing thing... AWESOME..

Then of course, the wonderful hug after that... but who pays attention to little things like that?
                          Oh, believe me, I pay attention....

In the Season 2 finale (the first part of this ep), I only just noticed watching it yesterday the awesome shippyness of the scene where Jack finds Sam.. She grabs his arm and says "I thought you were dead..." all emotional, and then has the flashback to "Message in a Bottle".. That's REALLY sweet.. And then, of course, when she goes to sit up and he is trying SO hard not to stare, teeheeheeee!!! I love it!!
                          Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Hooray I've got to Season 3! I loved this episode; a great mix of action, humour and emotion. I found Teal'c's speech when trying to recruit other Jaffa to help him really quite stirring, since he is usually such a quiet character. Great to see Hammond having some fun and Jack pretending to be a Goaul'd was so funny.

One question - did the undercover Tokr'a survive?
                            sigpic
                            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I think not.

Comment

Alas, like Garkhal, I suspect she didn't. It's possible, however, that her Symbiote was able to heal her sufficiently to enable her to get them both to safety before finding a suitable opportunity to get off-world.

However, we will never know. If she didn't survive, she didn't die in vain - 'cos SG-1 escaped and live to fight another day.

Urgh. What a cliche. Zat me...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X