• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Into the Fire (301)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301

O'Neill, Carter and Jackson must escape Hathor's clutches, while Teal'c tries to raise a Jaffa army on Chulak. General Hammond must take desperate measures to rescue the team.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:54 PM.

I only have one thing to say about this ep., "YEE-HAW!"
    Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

A very interesting show.. The future of the SGC? And Hathor's forces seem to be.. erm.. not really good at their job.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Most cool, the gate-sized fighter. I think that should be used again. It could be kept off world, say at the Alpha site, and sent through the gate when a bit of close air support could help a pinned team.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
          Most cool, the gate-sized fighter. I think that should be used again. It could be kept off world, say at the Alpha site, and sent through the gate when a bit of close air support could help a pinned team.
          I find the needle threader and odd concept, especially since we've seen death gliders fly throogh (in active) gates before in "Singularity" and in every season 1-3 montage title sequence.

Perhaps the Regular death gliders don't have the manuveuring presice and fire control of the needle threader making it had to fly through wormholes with smacking into the ground afterwards
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
            I find the needle threader and odd concept, especially since we've seen death gliders fly throogh (in active) gates before in "Singularity" and in every season 1-3 montage title sequence.
            No, they showed a Deathglider through the stargate, but it didn't fly through the gate, it flew over the gate. A deathglider's wings are too wide to fit through a gate.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              No, they showed a Deathglider through the stargate, but it didn't fly through the gate, it flew over the gate. A deathglider's wings are too wide to fit through a gate.
              Really? I thought there were tow one went over one went through.
              Maybe I'm just seeing things.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Okay I went back and watch it again, and you were right.

oops!

That's really funny because I still think they're too big to fit through the stargate.

Of course Teal'c also refers to Nirti as a 'he' so maybe they were still getting some of the details worked out.
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

you know, I don't know why I thought this, but I had always assumed when I heard of the "puddle jumpers" that will appear in Atlantis that they would turn out to be the kind of ship that Bratac and Teal'c and Hammond found buried in the forest of Hathor's world which I believe Bratac said had been buried for hundreds of years....

It did "jump puddles" if I recall (they "threaded the needle" with it), and we haven't seen any other Goa'uld ships like it before or since....

SO WHAT WAS THAT SHIP? I guess its not Ancient tech like I thought, just old Goa'uld tech or some other race's tech they lifted, eh?

Okay, I just went to scifi's episode guide and they refer to it rather cryptically as "an ancient Death Glider". Maybe of an old design. So its ancient, just not Ancient. Huh.

Thoughts?

Comment

I think it was said that since an extremely high level of skill was necessary to fly the gate gliders the Goa'uld simply abandoned the idea, rather than spend the time training their Jaffa to use the technology.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again... That evil chick is back.

I don't get it... didn't see explode in a bath tub full of goa'uld.

Any help... I defiantly though she exploded
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 September 2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

carefull examination of the scene will reveal that she actually climbs out of the burning bath, wrapped in some sort of shield, and exits the room thru an exit behind it.
                        sigpic

Comment

This episode has some of the coolest action sequences of the series with a massive SG team fighting multiple Jaffa targets through the Gou'ald base, Tok'ra tunnels and on the planet's surface. Truly, they do not make them as they once did.
                          END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                            That does bring up an interesting question. What did they do with the fighter? Maybe Bra'tac and the rebel Jaffa are using it?

Comment

Most importantly, Oneil should have a scar in the back of his neck. Which means they no longer can tell if he's been goa'ulded or not.

And they never seem to talk about this in later episodes. Explain.
                              FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Working...
                              X