Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Into the Fire (301)

I loved Hammond in this one. He was so hilarious at the end. YEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAA. Also it was sweet seeing 4 SG teams go and kick Goa'uld butt.
    The only thing i noticed wrong with this ep is how at the end after Hathor had died the Goa'uld didn't come out of the trance or fight eachother. In the first part of this series didn't Hathor use the stuff from her mouth to take control of them? I don't think the Jaffa would just decide that Hathor is a better god and join her all of a sudden.

Re: Into the Fire (301)

I think everyone is a little too focused on the whole glider and effects stuff, does anyone notice that poor Jack just went through a terrible ordeal. Jack's right about one thing, aliens are always poking holes in him. He and the Goa'uld are not excatly good buddies, but they just like making him suffer. I love Hathor's personality, very sexy and romantic, but kind of sick too

I thought Jack was going to faint when the team is rescued, but I guess he hold on.

Great episode, poor Jack. 9.8 out of 10.

Colonel

I enjoyed this and was rather sorry to see the end of Hathor, she definitely had presence. Jack's 'It has her eyes' comment as she's holding the symbiote always makes me smile, as does her reaction to Daniel's rebuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    >snip< does anyone notice that poor Jack just went through a terrible ordeal.
    Yep, definitely a 'poor Jack' ep, I was quite squicked out the first time I saw this ep, suddenly that 'ready to take a host' Goa'uld seems a whole lot larger & the fact that the only thing he says is 'oh god, oh no' (or something like that as it's crawling up to his neck makes it seem far worse than if he'd been yelling and struggling.

Hammond's whoop of excitement was at threading the needle was neat human touch, it was great to see his excitement getting the better of him and Teal'c's reaction to his whoop was classic too.

I had missed this episode, somehow, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Hathor is sooo eewwwy.
    -girlgater

Quote Originally Posted by Rune
    Hammond's whoop of excitement was at threading the needle was neat human touch, it was great to see his excitement getting the better of him and Teal'c's reaction to his whoop was classic too.
    I couldn't help but chuckle when he got pinned back in his seat so violently as Teal'c took off!

But it was so nice to see Hammond actually get out of the base for a change - not only that, he gets to go off-world and to blast some Goa'uld butt!

anyone remember the name of the tokra operative?

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    anyone remember the name of the tokra operative?
    I'm not sure that the Tok'ra actually revealed her real name, but her 'fake SGC' name was Dr Raully (at least that's what the ep guide says... )

Deffinitely one of the coolest episodes - possibly my favorite (though I've only seen seasons 1-4) and deffinitely in my top three. Hathor is possibly the best Gua'ould because she's so non-typical, and the big battles with the turrets are amazing. Best action episode since Children of the Gods. Sam and Jack had some great moments as well.

Seeing the action start at night and go all the way through until morning was especially neat. But it raises an interesting question - why isn't it night time on other worlds more often? Earth time should have no bearing on what time it is on the worlds that they gate to, so shouldn't it be night at least half of the time?

Of course, I only say that because the Stargate looks awesome all lit up like that.

Excellent start to the new season and the start of Daniel Jackson with short hair!!!!

I LOVE this episode! I love Daniel's new hair, I love when Jack kills Hathor, I love when he pretends to be goa'uld, when Teal'c and General Hammond "thread the needle", everything pretty much!

But i find it quite interesting that the goa'uld and his jaffa at the gate didn't really expect reinforcements to come from it or at the very least they weren't prepared.

Second Lieutenant

I thought it was average but at least George got a little curious on went off-world....

I watched this last night thanks to the dvd set that I got for Christmas! I thought it was a good episode. I do have a question..
    Spoiler:
    why doesn't the tok'ra caves disappear like in the episode ( I forget the name) where the team and Jacob are in the disappearing caves since the tok'ra have to leave. I thought that it always happens like that. Or did the caves stay since there was an operative still on the planet? I noticed that they were abanoned, I'm just curious on why they didn't disappear.
    Hopefully, the question makes sense to someone.

I smiled at the part in which Gen. Hammond goes "hee-haw"..and I thought that Teal'c look was geniune.
    Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

I believe, and the GateWorld episode analysis agrees, that the single Tok'ra operative built the tunnels for her own use, and intended to collapse them when she left the planet.
    SQUEE like no one's listening.

I'd assumed much the same thing myself. We don't get to see how extensive the tunnel system is, so it's perfectly plausible that she had constructed a small network to use while she was 'on-world', and would have collapsed it upon leaving.

And, of course, I just have to concur with the greatness of sending Hammond off-world (at long last!).

Plus, it gets me the chance to use one of the great new smilies that has appeared while I've been away on my Chrimbo travels!

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Into the Fire (301)

I agree.

You say they looked abandoned, I believe they have looked like that since they were created. The tunnels are not a base they are just used for transportation.

i thought this was a funny bit where general hammond was firing the ship and he said yea ha i just thought that was really funny

And we never knew he had it in him!

Yeeeeee haaaaa!!!!!

Can I just say one thing?

The part where Sam's being tortured by Hathor, and then Jack throws Hathor in the freezing thing... AWESOME..

Then of course, the wonderful hug after that... but who pays attention to little things like that?
    my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Jack pretending to be a Goa'uld was priceless. "You heard me, I said Kree!"

And the needle threader was so cool, real shame they never brought that back.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast