This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak
    There's only thing that even remotely interests me about cricket.

It's a game invented by the English aristocracy, exported around the Empire to all the colonies and now we get all the former colonies coming back to kick Englishg bee-hind at their own game. Where's yer "We won the World Cup in 1966" now, pal?

However, I gotta admit, I do find the Channel 4 ads with W.G. Grace rising from his grave somewhat amusing.
    I maintain the reason that Australia is still part of the Commonwealth is because of the Commonwealth Games. Melbourne 2006 - Go Aussie Go...

Comment

*Ahem*

I said the Rugby World Cup

Comment

See that doesn't mean as much to me. Being from Victoria, rugby is a myterious game that's played north of the border. Is the Rugby World Cup for the players with or without necks (the only way I can differentiate between the codes)?

Comment

didot, don't get rugby either.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
          DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Does Rugby league have a World Cup?, I'm not sure, but I'm talking Union here

Something I want to know is, the rules of Aussie Rules Football, are there any?

Comment

I was near the Edgebaston ground on Tuesday. Thankfully the road was not busy!!

I dont follow cricket. I find it boring and complectated..... Though the 20/20 games seem intresting and exiting.

i dont know much about the game but I do know this:

England have been known to win cricket matches.

Comment

Yeah we've beaten the Aussies a couple of times already this year, and of course we have to mention Botham's Ashes of 81

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                  England have been known to win cricket matches.
                  heck - we're the 2nd best team in the world!
                  I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yep and we're number 1

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                      Yeah we've beaten the Aussies a couple of times already this year, and of course we have to mention Botham's Ashes of 81
                      Ahem...
                      Ashes 1989, 1990/91, 1993, 1994/5, 1997, 1998/99, 2001, and 2002/03
                      but I wont mention them cos that would be gloating

Anyway, I noticed that Merv Hughes, Geoff Lawson and Rodney Marsh are gonna commentate for TMS, I wish we got Radio 4 in Oz.

Comment

Anyway, I noticed that Merv Hughes, Geoff Lawson and Rodney Marsh are gonna commentate for TMS, I wish we got Radio 4 in Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                          Ahem...
                          Ashes 1989, 1990/91, 1993, 1994/5, 1997, 1998/99, 2001, and 2002/03
                          but I wont mention them cos that would be gloating .
                          And we wouldn't want to be like that That would make us like Shane Warne and nobody wants that, one Warnie is more than enough .
                          I am so glad he is living in England now .

Comment

I can't believe the one-day final was a tie

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                              And we wouldn't want to be like that That would make us like Shane Warne and nobody wants that, one Warnie is more than enough .
                              I am so glad he is living in England now .
                              I came up with a solution to two of our embarrassing celebs. Take Warne's phone away and give it to Russell Crowe.

Comment

ROTFL perfect

Comment

Working...
                                X