This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashes (Cricket) 'Discussion'

I put the discussion bit in 'commas' because we all know all kinds of abuse (Good natured please) will be thrown about this summer.

So come all you Aussies and English folks let the bashing commence

Right I'll start, what the hell went wrong in the One Day matches Australia beaten by Bangladesh???

Man that was horrible even though it is traditional for us to lose the first match but we did kick the butts in the rematch

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
      I put the discussion bit in 'commas' because we all know all kinds of abuse (Good natured please) will be thrown about this summer.

So come all you Aussies and English folks let the bashing commence

Right I'll start, what the hell went wrong in the One Day matches Australia beaten by Bangladesh???
      Geez Reefgirl, that didn't take you long!

Aussie, Aussie Aussie!

Comment

Well the reason for that is... um... hey look a flying bird!

Comment

Look, its all part of our master plan to lull you poms into a false sense of security before the Ashes

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
          Aussie, Aussie Aussie!
          Oi, Oi, Oi!

Comment

Something tells me I'm going to be greatly outnumbered here

Shep's Socks, I posted this after I made that comment aout Ian Bothem in the Ba'al Apprecition thread, didn't fancy having to explain cricket to the Americans

Comment

I'll help and support you ... (well, at least once, untilI forget about the thread)

Just you wait until Tuesday - us poms will play properley and kick your ...
              I think - a 2-1 victory in the tests (to the english) - we'll let you win the first test of course...
              Last edited by jonno; 27 June 2005, 03:43 PM. Reason: too many "of courses"
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I will speak to my cricketing writer friend. I'm sure she'll explain everything to me.

Comment

So what's all this grief Shane Warne's getting about his marriage problems, is there any reason for Aussie sports writers calling for his head

Comment

Are they? I think people are just embarrassed by him.

Comment

It's just in the paper yesterday it was said that because of his marriage problems the Aussie media were using it to have a go at him. Mind you David Beckham is Media fodder over here so I guess Shane has the same deal over there

Comment

I don't think they need an excuse to have a go at Shane Warne.

Comment

Like our media with David Beckham, although he goes out of his way to encourage them IMHO

Comment

There's only thing that even remotely interests me about cricket.

It's a game invented by the English aristocracy, exported around the Empire to all the colonies and now we get all the former colonies coming back to kick Englishg bee-hind at their own game. Where's yer "We won the World Cup in 1966" now, pal?

However, I gotta admit, I do find the Channel 4 ads with W.G. Grace rising from his grave somewhat amusing.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

We've won 2 world cups now, only people tend to forget the rugby one

Comment

Working...
                              X