Firefly - The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly - The Movie

Although the series didn't get so far, probably because of its horrible timeslot, i am excited for the movie I'm always open to Joss Whedon's creativity
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

There's going to be a movie? Details?
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

the movie is called Serenity. it will both written and directed by Josh Whedon.

filming started 12 days ago and should be out April 22nd 2005. the entire cast is coming back and although production has just started, the script has apparently been released online already.

sigpic

Comment

I'm *really* looking forward to the return of the Serenity gang...

Here's a great place to keep up with all things Firefly, including Nathan Fillion's blog from the set (and pics):

http://www.fireflyfans.net/news.asp

And here's a (mostly) spoiler-free review of the "Serenity" screenplay from AICN:

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17749
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Hye will this movie make sense to thoose who HAVEN'T seen firefly?? Please say it is so.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Joss Whedon said that he is going to make the movie so that people who hasn't seen the show can still get into it, and plus, it'll be set (or supposed to be) 2 years after the show ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              Hye will this movie make sense to thoose who HAVEN'T seen firefly?? Please say it is so.
              Quote from the AICN review of the movie screenplay (see link above):

Perhaps the single most impressive aspect of the script is how it manages to maintain just the right balance between giving those familiar with the T.V. series plenty of new material to chew on even as it draws in complete newbies to its world. My buddy had never seen the show before he procured the script, but after reading it he immediately went out and bought the DVD box set – and actually thought that the movie played better without having seen the series first.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Ooo, that makes Serenity sound even better

Comment

Yeah its kinda like the X-files movie because it needs to have enough tv referances to keep the fans on the edge of thier seats, and enough standard movie-action to keep the non-fans in thier seats.
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

What's Firefly?
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Its a show created by Joss Whedon, creator of buffy and angel. It involves a spaceship named Serenity flying around inside another solar system in a distant galaxy. The crew spends most of its time smuggling and running away from the "Alliance". The actual planets they visit are Old West style places, adding a retro look the everything. Check out Sadgeezer.com for more info.
                      [email protected]

One nation under dog
                      A face in the crowd
                      Unsung, against the mold
                      Without a doubt
                      Singled out
                      The only way I know

Comment

The crew includes a priest, a doctor and his super sister (shes really crazy though), and a 'escourt', well maybe not 'part' of the crew, but has a ship connected to Serenity. It was most interesting (I left out the captain, pilot, etc, i only named the crew people who weren't originally part of the crew)

Comment

It is possibly one of the best shows of all time. I was only introduced to it about two months ago, but I've seen all 14 or so episodes. It stars Nathan Fillion (He's the preacher Caleb from Buffy Season 7), Gina Torres (She's Jasmine from Angel Season 4) and Adam Baldwin (Col. Dave Dixon, SG-13!!! And also Hamiliton from Angel).

The crew are Captain Mal Reynolds (Nathan Fillion), his old war buddy Zoe (Gina Torres), their pilot and Zoe's husband, Wash (Alan Tudyk [sp?]), their mechanic Kaylee(Jewel Stait) and a [slow-witted] mercenary, Jayne (Adam Baldwin). There's also a Companian (translation: whore) renting one of their shuttles, a preacher (or Sheppard) and a rich doctor from an Alliance planet who broke his smarter-than-Carter sister out of an Alliance instituition.

The crew take all kinds of jobs (including moving cattle) and try to stay away from the Alliance (since they are carrying two fugitives).

Basically, it kicks so much ass!

Comment

Yah, with such a big cast of very different characters (common, the crazy sister of the doctor is pretty kewl)... Haha... In one of the episodes, River, the crazy sister haha, picks up a gun and closes her eyes, and shoots with one hand killing a bunch of Alliance Guards, and blah, it was kewl, haha... But it can be scary if you live in the same ship (or boat like they refer to it).

Comment

Yeah varied and unique characters are one of the things that keep shows from falling into the void of (GASP) cancellation. Not that thats the only reason show get cancelled, Firefly being a notable example of this.
                              [email protected]

One nation under dog
                              A face in the crowd
                              Unsung, against the mold
                              Without a doubt
                              Singled out
                              The only way I know

Comment

Working...