No announcement yet.

Out of Mind (222)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is disappointing to have a clip show as a season finale. Every time I watch it I think someone messed up on the budget that year and they ran out of money at the end. Oops!

But there weren't really that many clips, and when taken as a whole (with the opener for season 3) I think it's not a bad story. I always thought Hathor was an interesting character. She went about galactic domination in such a different way than any of the other goa'uld.

I will say that when I first watch thise episode I was suspicious from the start because they just travelled back in time the previous episode. Then Jack wakes up suddenly 70 years in the future. I didn't really believe they would do two time travel eps in a row so I was sure something else had to be up.

Comment

Its almost unforgiveable to make the season finale a clip show. The premise of the scenario of a Goa'uld tricking SG1 to believe that they are in the future is not a bad one and probably why Part II isn't bad but the amount of time devoted to clips just rolls my eyes. Which is probably why the last 10 minutes is the best. Its interesting seeing Tealc resign SG1 and the rest of SG1 discovering the fake SGC and Hathor. I will say for such a bad episode the ending isn't bad
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't really like this episode, because first of all we just watched the 1969 episode so it's kind of supiscious to have another time travel episode after that one. Second it's a flashback episode and I hate those. In all it was a sucky end to season two.
        My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Liked part 2 (into the fire) much much better. Have to agree with everyone else...bad to end a season with a clip show.

Comment

When they tell Jack that the team was killed. GAH! On how many levels did that rip out his soul and steal his sanity? His friends. Comrades. Depending on your 'ship inclination: possibly an additional layer of torture. As their leader, and with the 'we don't leave people behind' convictions Jack has, it must feel like failure: he failed to protect them...I see self blame working on him also.

When they tell Sam that the team is dead, she give a small, strangled cry -an almost imperceptible crack in the Carter armor. She's always felt loss more keenly and their deaths would pierce her savagely.

The best Teal'c moment to me was the scene where he requested to go search for the team and then resigned the SGC -such quiet depth of loyalty. Love this character.

The humor of Jack being...distracted...by Sam's unclothed-but-modestly-covered-by-blanket state makes me smirk. *what were we doing? oh, yeah...escaping...sorry, got distracted* RDA is always superb at this kind of humor.

I know it was a 'clip show', but it does have it's moments. They could have replaced the clips with more character study of Jack and the others dealing with loss.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

My favorite part of this episode is MS hair cut, it made him look much younger.
              But it's clear, at least by one measure, Stargate Universe is going out with a social supersonic boom.

Comment

Such a weak ending to such a great season. Making it a clip show loses points, having none of the characters point out that they were just in a time close to this one and the SGC appeared shut down was odd, and (this one has nothing to do with the quality of the episode, but is still something I disliked) Daniel's hair looked horrendous.
                http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

I loved this clip show, as there were not many clips and they were tied very well into the episode, not intrusive. Miles better clip show than from season one

Oh, oh, and Jack+Sam hug
                  Or was the hug in season 3 ep 1? I watched it as one episode
                  sigpic

Comment

Alright episode, Part II is always better guys!

Comment

I've been watching this episode for the past 20 minutes and already there are way too many clips. I dislike flashback episodes..

Comment

Stick with it, because they're integral to the story in this one.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                        sigpic
                        now also appearing on DeviantArt
                        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

This episode was HIGHLY confusing to me when I first saw it as a pre-teen...it still makes my head hurt.

I'll just comment on the second part.
                          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

well that's a pretty "meh" ep.

ETA: what was with the funky triangular pillows? Very Star Trek
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Even though it had some clips in it, it was a good episode. If you time the clips right and make them fit with the story the current episode wants to tell, I don't mind clips at all. Also, "our" beloved Aunt Hathy is back and she has a worm out of her hole, so it's basically a holeworm, the opposite of a wormhole ... right? Okay, let's drop that.

Anyway, the episode was great and fun to see Horus and Serpent guards serving together. Also, the copy of the SGC and then suddenly travelling into the Gould base, also very well done by the set designer team. When I watched this episode for the first time, I was still young. Because of that episode, I got infected with the gate virus. Also because of the season cliffhanger from 1 to 2, but mainly from 2 to 3 ... then I decided to rewatch all episodes and buy the 10 season box set.

Comment

I'm not a fan of clip-shows, and this is definitely not one of my favorite episodes to begin with either. So, put the two together and it's not going to be a success.

It has some memorable moments sure, but overall not one that I'd watch over and over again.

The one thing that does make snort a little is the effect those memory-devices have when random thoughts such as "Hey, this looks a lot like..." occur during an escape. Good thing Jack knew what was going to happen, quick response there.

But it must have been hard for Sam not to think... that brain never sleeps.

Michael's hair looks so flat and funky.

One redeeming feature about the episode... HORUS GUARDS!!
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X