Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stargate Out of Mind (222)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    OUT OF MIND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 222

O'Neill, Carter and Jackson awaken from stasis in what appears to be the S.G.C. -- almost 80 years in the future. The three are asked to recall key events from their journeys.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; February 1st, 2015 at 09:35 PM.

Default Re: Out of Mind (222)

This was an excellent episode, well written and acted, and a good set up for part 2.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Yeah.. just too bad it had to be a clip show. Never thought too much of a season finale/clip show no matter what series it was from.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

I loved this episode. I never would have suspected Hathor to be behind it all though!

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDirewolf
    Yeah.. just too bad it had to be a clip show. Never thought too much of a season finale/clip show no matter what series it was from.
    True. Normally I'm not a fan of clip shows, but this one had just enough going on outside of the clips to keep my interest.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Didn't like this episode at all!

A weak ending to such a great season. Guess the producers must have spent too much money and had to resort to a clip show.

I hate clip shows (apart from Inauguration!)

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

I don't really have all that much of a dislike for clip shows... But as a finale? I just didn't care for the concept.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

boring i don't like hathor and i didn't like this epsiode

you knew from the beginning that it didn't take place 80 years in the furture please

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Out of Mind (222)

I thought it was great!! and they realeased the truth pretty early on in the first place.

Smile Re: Out of Mind (222)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
    boring i don't like hathor and i didn't like this epsiode

you knew from the beginning that it didn't take place 80 years in the furture please
    I think it was pretty obvious that it wasn't the real SGC but the suspense as to what was really going on was what kept me intrigued. I liked this episode but I'm not a big fan of Hathor.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Out of Mind (222)

I hate hathor but I like her because I hate her so much.(If that made sense at all)

600 POSTS

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake
    I hate hathor but I like her because I hate her so much.(If that made sense at all)

600 POSTS
    congrats on the 600 posts but i think its over 2000 now so anyway congrats anyway

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: Out of Mind (222)

I love this episode. Well, mostly. I for one adore the femme fatale characters--there's so much plot-wise that can be explored there--and I was delighted when they brought Hathor back. Not quite so delighted that they axed her 40-odd minutes later, granted, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm glad there haven't been many clips episodes. I don't mind them, but they still tend to come across as a cheater way of getting through an episode--there's so much of a miscoception tha clips episodes are throwaways that it's hard to take a storyline seriously, no matter how good it actually is.

And for the record, RDA looked great in white.

First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar

I agree that clip shows shouldn't be season finales, but I liked this one anyway. The premise was very cool and had me hooked to see what was really going on. Very good set up for the season 3 opener, and I think it kinda helps if you think of both as 1 episode.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

http://img102.echo.cx/img102/2473/kodama29vo7sm.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ner2_copy6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
    I agree that clip shows shouldn't be season finales, but I liked this one anyway. The premise was very cool and had me hooked to see what was really going on. Very good set up for the season 3 opener, and I think it kinda helps if you think of both as 1 episode.
    They both basically are 1 ep. When ever any show has a cut off right in between eps i consider them 1 ep that is so long they have to be seperated. I'm so glad though that i got to see all the old eps on DVD that way i didn't have to wait a couple of months to see the conclusion.

hated it-stupid clip show. i dont usually mind sg1s clip shows but as a season finalle...thats just....mean!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    hated it-stupid clip show. i dont usually mind sg1s clip shows but as a season finalle...thats just....mean!
    See i didn't really consider this as a season finale. Just saw it on DVD and so it wasn't really a finale for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    And for the record, RDA looked great in white.
    Definately agree with you there.

I was surprised they didn't figure out that it was a trick sooner. I mean, i believed jack was in the future at the start of the episode, but there were far too many inconsistancies. Still fighting the gouald 70 years later? Why did the SGC look the same - it should have changed immeasurably in 70 years time. Think of the progress in technology we've made in the last 70 years: i didn't see 70 years more progress in this ep. And finally, why would they be so interested in the Nox and the Asgard - surely they would have read the mission reports if they were that interested, but they acted as though they'd never heard of these races.

Anyway, i expected Carter to figure it out - if i were her i would have asked a lot more questions. But i can put that down to her being in shock about her friends' deaths. And o'neill gave the information away quite easily, although at least he was suspiscious. Maybe you're right about them being drugged.

I groaned when i realised it was a clips episode, but it wasn't too bad. As long as clips are kept short and to the point i'm okay with them. Some here were too long, and some had a completely different atmosphere that didn't fit the mood of the episode, but they were mostly worked into the storyline imaginatively. I especially liked the idea of o'neill getting flashbacks when he's trying to fight.

Queenie
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32...-water-sig.jpg

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: Out of Mind (222)

Quote Originally Posted by hermajesty
    Definately agree with you there.
    <snippity-doo-da> i expected Carter to figure it out - if i were her i would have asked a lot more questions. But i can put that down to her being in shock about her friends' deaths. And o'neill gave the information away quite easily, although at least he was suspiscious. Maybe you're right about them being drugged.<end snippity>
    We do know they were drugged--the line of green liquid. Initially, I thought it was only to keep them dozy, but it would make sense (for goa'uld) to have some sort of sodium pentathol element mixed in. Why deal with questions when you can simply make them go away?

First Lieutenant Heru'urs_first_prime's Avatar

Ive seen this episode for the first time (an thats odd that ive never seen an episode!) a few days ago! I buy 2 stargate magazine's/DVD's each month with 3 episode on it, i can't wait till the next issue come out this month i can't wait for it!

i bet teal'c will find out what happened when he goes back to chulac and then he manages to get on board of the ship...............................somehow.......or......................i dunno

I CAN'T WAIT!
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...213/heruur.jpg
    Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast