No announcement yet.

Out of Mind (222)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hathor could cloak herself even in season 1 when she has walked out in the bathroom scene. Later even Nirrti and the ash'raks have used this technology.

(I believe it was related to the Rhee'tou attacks as they have studied them, but maybe it is uncanon or I remember wrongly.)
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Hathor could cloak herself even in season 1 when she has walked out in the bathroom scene. Later even Nirrti and the ash'raks have used this technology.

(I believe it was related to the Rhee'tou attacks as they have studied them, but maybe it is uncanon or I remember wrongly.)
      I do recall that Nirrti had a personal cloak, but in the episode where that was revealed ("Fair Game"), Jack said that they contacted the Tok'ra who revealed that she was the only Goa'uld with that technology and, as you said, that it had to do with her experiments to combat the Reetou.

I don't remember Hathor having one in season 1, so I'll have to go back and look out for it, but that further throws a wrench in things as that means she had her device 4,000 years ago even though no other Goa'uld had one before Nerrti developed her device. If it was just "Out of Mind," we could at least say that maybe she came upon it in the year she had been on her own, but if that were the case why would Jack believe that Nirrti was the only one with cloaking technology if he knew Hathor had it? That's moot though if she also had it in season 1. I'll go back and look for it when I have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Hathor could cloak herself even in season 1 when she has walked out in the bathroom scene.
        I just watched the Hathor parts of the episode, and I didn't see a cloak. I did notice that she has the ability to emerge from the birthing tub without a drop of water on her (Jack, though, got soaked), and there's a distorted effect when she emerges from the fire, but then she walks out of the bathroom like normal.

If the idea was that she had a cloak that also protected her from the fire, that's counter to how cloaks work elsewhere in the series, and I don't understand why you would turn the cloak off the second you got out of the fire so then you can be seen be walking out like so: https://www.gateworld.net/gallery/al...g1_113_925.JPG After that, she went and collected her things off screen, which included an ornate headdress, before heading to the gate. If I had a personal cloak, and I planned to make pit stops before escaping with my life, I'd keep the cloak on so there would be no chance anybody would know I was alive until I was at the Stargate.

I think it's far more likely that her ribbon device had an energy shield and that's what we were seeing.
        Last edited by Xaeden; 17 April 2020, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          15.38. But this is only season 2, I will get better with practice, I hope.
          Well into season 9 at the moment, and she's pretty consistent.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
          X