Out of Mind (222)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    If there is the technology why not use it?
    What technology are you referring to? Cause special effects do cost a lot.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm referring to the technology the bad guys are using on SG1 so that we watch a clip show - having been asked they could have lied if they had been suspicious about something.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

An okay episode. Not worthy of a season finale, though... I can understand why clip shows are necessary due to budgetary constraints, but please, don't use clips in a season finale...

Besides which, I don't know anyone who remembers or dreams from a third-person perspective.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
          Besides which, I don't know anyone who remembers or dreams from a third-person perspective.
          Never had an out-of-body experience and/or dream?

Comment

You probably don't know anyone whose every move is (theoretically) followed by a camera, either.

Theoretically because we rarely see them sleeping, or eating, or at home, and we never see them going to the bathroom (I'm not sure I ever even saw a toilet).

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              ...(I'm not sure I ever even saw a toilet).
              We saw a bathroom once on Atlantis, with a tub.

Comment

Thanks, Falcon Horus (still can't green you, ). I confess I haven't seen every episode of Atlantis.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

O'Neill went 'to pee' in Ascended, we saw the door and heard the plan.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

But we didn't see what was behind the door.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Never had an out-of-body experience and/or dream?
                      No, although I occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis. It's scary but it passes. However, point taken.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        But we didn't see what was behind the door.

Seaboe
                        Right - maybe there were just brooms and some detergent.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          No, although I occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis. It's scary but it passes. However, point taken.
                          Oh, sleep paralysis... that's thoroughly scary. I agree.

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          Right - maybe there were just brooms and some detergent.
                          Then I sincerely hope Jack picked the right door cause if I remember correctly he really needed to go.

Comment

Oh goddess, I have no patience for clip shows and this is a season finale episode. What were they even thinking?

*checks companion guide*

Oh, they had a cool idea and it could only work with Hathor in play.

Well, I'm not sure it as a cool idea to end a season with a cliffhanger...

Anyway, beyond the clips, the 15 minute story we do get is fairly okay. It takes quite a bit of elaborate planning to set up the future SGC, to prep the players, to spin the story and then hope to god (no pun intended) that all goes well on premiere night. But I can't say I'm entertained. I actually checked a couple of times how many more minutes the episode was gonna last cause ... boring...

Nope, not a fan. Bring on season 3 with the second part and let's move away after that and never look back.

How would you rate SG-1's "Out of Mind?"

Excellent
                            Good
                            Fair
                            Poor
                            Terrible

3-episode quiz (Show And Tell, 1969 & Out Of Mind) -- this way!

And the jigsaw puzzle for this episode -- Out Of Mind
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 January 2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

8 minutes and 22 seconds later I'm done with all the jigsaw puzzles... Onwards to season 3.

Comment

I don't know if you notice but I rarely give an episode an excellent or terrible. Its rare for an episode to be perfect or have no redeeming quality. This episode is the exception. It's unforgivable to make a clip show as the season finale. I kind of feel like Hathor was added on to make the episode a cliffhanger.

I got a 12/15 on the quiz and my puzzle time was 7 minutes and 38 seconds
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X