Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Out of Mind (222)

I always hated Hathor as a villian. And i don't know why this episode had to be a clip show.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

I like this episode very much except for Hathor's Join us our beloved thing.

I hate Hathor's join us, our beloved thing.

Can't say that I love Hathor, but her being part of the story doesn't ruin this episode for me. This was a great way to end a season, so good job with the gliffhanger. And let's just say that Jack/Sam interaction doesn't really make this episode worse for me either.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Not a bad cliffhanger. The clips were a bit much, and I don't care for Hathor. Seeing Teal'c salute was probably the best part. Oh and Daniel shirtless

Baha I loved this episode!
    My particular fav part is when Jack looked at Sam when she was on the table thing. XD

Chief Master Sergeant Tatooinegateghost's Avatar

I really like MS's hair cut that he sported, it made him look his age and also more older at the same time. Everytime I see this episode, I am blushing every time. For me this is a thunking episode.

My own mad world...with a malfunctioning Stargate

It is a disappointment to see a season end with a clip show, but I will hand it to the Stargate people--they do some of the best clip shows I've ever scene. They manage to place it in a context where the clips actually move the story forward.

And this episode has some great character moment. Hehehe, Jack checking out Sam.

And I have to mention the amazing talents of CJ. I was watching this episode for the upteenth time the other day and I noticed for the first time that when Teal'c is told his team is gone and he resigns to go searching for them, there is a single tear that falls from CJ's eye. It was beautifully moving. His acting is so understated and emotionally powerful. (Even more amazing when you realize what a boisterous, happy-go-lucky guy CJ is in real life.)

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Another clip show, but at least it wasn't the time travel it looked like at first. Would have been a bit much right after 1969...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

hopping between Old City and the fishless pond

That's one of the clip-shows I actually liked.. because it was't totally clip-show, but had also some cool things happening

Probie

Hi, i have seasons 1 and 2 on dvd and whilst watching out of mind in series two a couple of things confused me. Whilst they are looking at o'neil's memories it shows him coming through the gate on what appears to be an asguard planet, i dont recall seeing this in any episode? Also, when they look at jacksons memories it shows sokar? the face on the iris? i dont remember seeing this on any episode either. Have i missed something out?

Quote Originally Posted by tom91 View Post
    Hi, i have seasons 1 and 2 on dvd and whilst watching out of mind in series two a couple of things confused me. Whilst they are looking at o'neil's memories it shows him coming through the gate on what appears to be an asguard planet, i dont recall seeing this in any episode? Also, when they look at jacksons memories it shows sokar? the face on the iris? i dont remember seeing this on any episode either. Have i missed something out?
    The first episode in question: "The Fifth Race".
    The second episode in question: "Serpent's Song".

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Finished the season today. I felt it was an underwhelming finale, but oh well.

Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

First Lieutenant HolyAngelQueenSG-1's Avatar

Jack, Sam and Daniel escape... Teal'c, Bra'tac and Hammond resume to SG-1.

[IMG]C:\Users\heather\Pictures\teamaction.gif[/IMG]

Well...this is only the second time I've watched this one. I wasn't terribly impressed 1st time around (as evidenced by my only now watching it for the 2nd time). I agree with many of you, clip shows aren't high on my list. I fastforward through most of them. At least this one wasn't too full of clips, there was enough action and intrigue going on around the clips to help out. Still, it is kind of disappointing that this is a season finale, as most of the season enders and openers are totally awesome. I think this is the biggest dud out of all of them.
    the inconsistencies and holes in what was going on became pretty clear when they were 1st interrogating Sam. She seemed to be dubious right from the start, smarty pants that she is! : )

I've never watched Hathor...and this one just confirms to me that I don't want to bother. She's icky icky icky! Gorgeous, but icky.

I like how tenacious the team is...they don't give up easily when it comes to figuring out what happened to each other, do they? Jack's so smart too...look at him pinching off that dastardly Goa'uld IV solution! Good thing the Goa'uld don't seem to have an IV alarm on their pumps like we mere mortals do! I can assure you that a real IV pump screams loud and long when it is occluded!

awww.the good by b/t Teal'c and Hammond was so sweet and sad. very very nicely done.
    Oh yeah, Jack was totally checking Sam out when he first finds her, wasn't he? : ) hey, he takes his opportunities when they're given. : )
    I do like the Hathor plotline, I just wish they'd've not gone quite so over the top with what she did in the 1st episode. i have to admit, Goa'uld culture and conquest is a lot of fun. ; ) ....on to the 2nd part! : )
    Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Chief Master Sergeant FrodoFraggins's Avatar

7/10

A clip show finale is pretty unforgivable. At least they cut back on clips in the second half.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

First Lieutenant

Where did Hathor get the information she had about the structure of the SG complex?
    Any theories out there??

Lieutenant Colonel SF_and_Coffee's Avatar

She'd already been IN the SGC before, back in Season One.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3

now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
    She'd already been IN the SGC before, back in Season One.
    Right, I forgot. What is the fate of very old hosts such as the System Lords or their queens who have been around for thousands of years if their goa'uld is extracted??
    Speaking of which, how does a particular goa'uld get to be a big honcho like a system lord in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
    Right, I forgot. What is the fate of very old hosts such as the System Lords or their queens who have been around for thousands of years if their goa'uld is extracted??
    Speaking of which, how does a particular goa'uld get to be a big honcho like a system lord in the first place?
    The host would die after the Goa'uld
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast