This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Stargates

I have noticed that the stargate on Sg-1 and the stargate on Atlantis are different.
    Why is the Atlantis gate blue with dots as symbols?
    Do the symbols represent the same thing?
    Which one do you like better?

I think the Sg-1 gate is better because...... I dont know but I like it better. Although I do think the Atlantis gate is much cooler.

Well, I have joined the SG world only this month, but I believe that the Atlantis SG is more advanced than the SGC one, thus it does not have mechanical parts... it is only my opinion...
    Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
    (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

The Pegasus gates are newer than the Milky Way gates. The MW are around 50 million years old while the Pegasus gates were only constructed after the Ancients went there a few million years ago.

Comment

ok, that makes sense.

Comment

See the difference in explanation from someone with more knowledge of the SG world than me?
          And also, I have to struggle with english, since it's not my mother tongue, so excuse any misspelling!
          Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
          (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Aren't the symbols on the gate different as well? Also I suspect the difference in gates also has to do with available materials. So far we haven't seen any sign of naqaudah in Pegasus...

Comment

Oh, i just started watching stargate atlantis a few days ago so i didnt notice.

Comment

Well the Milky Way Gates have all the constellations in the galaxy that we use as points in space, so that we know where the heck we're going to. In Pegasus, they are looking at an entirely different set of stars, so naturally the symbols would be different.

It appears as though they just didn't play connect the dots on the Pegasus gate symbols.

And yeah, in Pegasus we've got the Stargate version 2.0 much quicker dialing, and no messy moving parts that could get loused up on those pesky orbiting gates.
                ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

I like the Milky Way stargates because they're older. >.>
                  Ask me anything and I shall tell you something you probably didn't want to hear.

I AM A STARGATE 633K AND I <3 IT.

Comment

Originally posted by tflux
                    Aren't the symbols on the gate different as well? Also I suspect the difference in gates also has to do with available materials. So far we haven't seen any sign of naqaudah in Pegasus...

I don't think the Pegasus stargate uses naqaudah. Maybe since it's more advanced then the one in the Milky Way.

Comment

this is the way i look at it: the milky way gates are analog and the pegasus gates are digital

Comment

Originally posted by zinch
                        this is the way i look at it: the milky way gates are analog and the pegasus gates are digital
                        This is how I look at it, the symbols will represent constellations in the pegasus galaxy...id like to see more official different gates, we've already got us a nice other design in stargate horizon!
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                          I don't think the Pegasus stargate uses naqaudah. Maybe since it's more advanced then the one in the Milky Way.
                          yer but if not naquadah wot? the reason i think the ancients used naquadah is because it woz long lasting and very strong, so wot other material culd they use. I personally love the original gate, tho with the new season we may see more varieties

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRider
                            This the is Acients we are talking about here, they probably don't need to find it, they could probably make it out of something along the lines of a nuclear reaction, or some other very very advanced way of getting metals.

Comment

Originally posted by Noo ani Anqueetus
                              Well the Milky Way Gates have all the constellations in the galaxy that we use as points in space, so that we know where the heck we're going to. In Pegasus, they are looking at an entirely different set of stars, so naturally the symbols would be different.

It appears as though they just didn't play connect the dots on the Pegasus gate symbols.

And yeah, in Pegasus we've got the Stargate version 2.0 much quicker dialing, and no messy moving parts that could get loused up on those pesky orbiting gates.

The new version also come complete with it's own iris, so you don't have to build one yourself. It also has all those pretty blue symbols on it, just like any new upgrade, more bells and whistles that the original.

I know the puddle jumper has a DHD in the cock-pit but has anyone seen a planetary DHD yet or is there one seen in the second half of season 1?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                              X