Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'The Intruder' premise revealed (spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Intruder' premise revealed (spoiler)

Gate world had just posted the premised of Episode "Intruder"
    http://gateworld.net/news/2005/06/de...ntruderp.shtml

Spoiler
    Highligh the spoiler*
    It is about a Wraith computer virus , Daedalus is infected with the Wraith computer virus or A.I .
    It is similar to Stargate SG1 episode "Enitity" a few yr back.
    It seems the Daedalus is on it ways back to Earth , when Computer virus become active.
    Dr Weir ,McKay and Sheppard are on board, some of the Atlantis team will make it back to Earth, and there is also possibilities Daedalus may appear in SG1 episode .Because the ship goes back and forth between Galaxy.
    My question :
    A captain's episode?
    Daedalus commander Colonel Steven Caldwell
    I don't want to be like the SG1 's prometheus' episode where the captain were always getting in the way of SG1 and the captain always end up looking stupid.

How many Prometheus captain had they replace so far ? 2 or 3 .
    Let hope we see more of Colonel Steven Caldwell

Why would Dr Weir McKay and Sheppard return to Earth by ship ,not by Stargate since Atlantis has one ZMP.
    It is easier to return to Earth by stargate and use ship to return to Pegasus.
    And what about Dr Weir's old boyfriend, could her long distance relationship work out, unlike Captain Janway, everybody knew her relationship will end ,but it drag on for 4 season until she received a letter from him about his engagment.
    I wish they could end it now ,and open up the romantic possibilities with you know who.

Originally posted by ckwongau
    A captain's episode?
    Daedalus commander Colonel Steven Caldwell
    I don't want to be like the SG1 's prometheus' episode where the captain were always getting in the way of SG1 and the captain always end up looking stupid.
    Agreed, but with Mitch playing the role I don't think that's likely.

Why would Dr Weir McKay and Sheppard return to Earth by ship ,not by Stargate since Atlantis has one ZMP.
    It is easier to return to Earth by stargate and use ship to return to Pegasus.
    And what about Dr Weir's old boyfriend, could her long distance relationship work out, unlike Captain Janway, everybody knew her relationship will end ,but it drag on for 4 season until she received a letter from him about his engagment.
    ? I was under the impression that the spoilers had Weir and Caldwell going back to SGC but I didn't know Rodney and Shep were going along. Sweet, maybe now we can meet Rodney's sis and/or get more story on Shep's family.
    And my impression regarding Simon is that
    Spoiler:
    their relationship is truly ending, but that may just be a rumor.

I wish they could end it now ,and open up the romantic possibilities with you know who.
    Oh, I know who. I'm just not sure it's who you're thinking of.

Comment

Yea I doubt they would make a veteran (and great) actor's character look like a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
        Yea I doubt they would make a veteran (and great) actor's character look like a fool.
        Particularly one that will be appearing many more times over the course of the season.

a time to mourn

Comment

how long does the deddy take to get to earth without a zpm?

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
            how long does the deddy take to get to earth without a zpm?
            it will take couple of weeks or month to go back to earth.

they going to use it back to earth for supplies and back once a week or 2.
            Atlantis will be safe till they return.

Comment

as i recall the prommie was gonna take like 3 or 4 months to get to atlantis(prometheus unbound)
              so i guess the deddy should take 1 month or less with the asgard engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
                as i recall the prommie was gonna take like 3 or 4 months to get to atlantis(prometheus unbound)
                so i guess the deddy should take 1 month or less with the asgard engines.

Promie also had Asgard engines. And i'm not sure about the 3-4 months estimate. The only estimate I saw was from 'Home' in the 'fake' SGC when talking about Prometheus getting the Asgard hyperdrive.

THAT was freaky as Prometheus got an Asgard hyperdrive for REAL a short time later!

We'll probably get real-time data on Daudalus and her speed in Intruder. And you HAVE to use Daudalus to go home. You might be able to send people home via the Stargate easily enough, but you need the ZPM back at Earth to dial back up remember. And Daudalus can also bring back BIG stuff that you can't get out of the Stargate or the Atlantis gateroom.

ONE thing I want to see is heavy construction technology, to help the Athosians actually start slowly rebuilding their society in a permanent way, rather then the primitive tents and such they have used to hide from the Wraiths notice.
                --
                The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

ehh i am kinda looking forward to this episode a little less now..

the asgard is what will make it appealing for me
                  come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Has anyone else found the animatronics for Thor and the asgard in the last few seasons to be subpar? Mouth movements, puppetry Etc.? I hope they get it down a bit bettet from Hermiod.
                    Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                    Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

I chuckled when right out of the starting gate the guy just comes out and admits that this is basically going to be a complete re-hash of an earlier Sg-1 episode.

It's almost like he's making a disclaimer. "Now before I get into any of the details here folks don't get too excited because...".

Come on it's only season 2 are we really going to start dipping into the used goods already.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                        I chuckled when right out of the starting gate the guy just comes out and admits that this is basically going to be a complete re-hash of an earlier Sg-1 episode.

It's almost like he's making a disclaimer. "Now before I get into any of the details here folks don't get too excited because...".

Come on it's only season 2 are we really going to start dipping into the used goods already.
                        I don't think it really matters bcse every sci-fi show has done an episode like this. I just want to see how the PTB handle it

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros

Most plots including Sci-Fi are basically the same but it is how you treat them that makes the episode different/interesting. Take for Example 'A Hundred Days' and 'Paradise Lost'. Same basic Plot, 'O'Neill gets Stranded on Alien World with No way off it'. Same plot but entirely different episode because of different factors, different twists etc. Just because 'Intruder' has the same basic plot as 'Enity' doesn't mean it is going to be a rehash of it.

Comment

I think he'll either be an ignorant leader but still right or one who Sheppard gets on with and shares his point of view just from a more proffesion attitude!
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                              Gate world had just posted the premised of Episode "Intruder"
                              http://gateworld.net/news/2005/06/de...ntruderp.shtml

Spoiler
                              Highligh the spoiler*
                              It is about a Wraith computer virus , Daedalus is infected with the Wraith computer virus or A.I .
                              It is similar to Stargate SG1 episode "Enitity" a few yr back.
                              It seems the Daedalus is on it ways back to Earth , when Computer virus become active.
                              Dr Weir ,McKay and Sheppard are on board, some of the Atlantis team will make it back to Earth, and there is also possibilities Daedalus may appear in SG1 episode .Because the ship goes back and forth between Galaxy.
                              Why the hell would they send the Deadalus back to Earth ? That would be pretty much an insane thing to do with 50+ hive ships still active back in the Pegasus galaxy. Also the only reason Deadalus made it to Atlantis is because they had the ZPM to power it. With the ZPM in Atlantis they now have no way to power the ship for Intergalactic travel.

And if they want to send people to Earth they can as well send them through the Stargate. Much more efficient than going through Ship.

Also the going to Earth thing .. unless Earth also has a ZPM , isn't it going to be pretty much impossible for anyone to come back to Atlantis ?

Comment

Working...
                              X