This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Beard Bashing" Thread

Ok, a friend and I, Lee to be exact (she hangs out in the 'shayla' thread), came up w/this.

At the end of Return of the King, Aragorn has a hedge...
    in Starwars Ep. III, Obi Wan has a bush...
    and when we saw the SG season nine previews...well....Daniel has shrubbery.

Frankly, we don't like any of it. So if there are any characters you don't feel should have/have as much facial hair....go ahead...bash away!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
    Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Michael Shanks shouldn't be allowed to grow facial hair. It should be made illegal. Have you seen the Sumuru pictures? Ack. and what was that thing Teal'c had in Season 4? (I think it was season 4?). Although, Bearded Johnny Depp a la Jack Sparrow is good bearding.

On a lighter note, I have a friend who looks just like Obi Wan avec beard. Plus, a work colleague has to go without shaving for two weeks. We've made him a 'beard growth chart'.

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
      Michael Shanks shouldn't be allowed to grow facial hair. It should be made illegal. Have you seen the Sumuru pictures? Ack. and what was that thing Teal'c had in Season 4? (I think it was season 4?). Although, Bearded Johnny Depp a la Jack Sparrow is good bearding.
      Couldn't have said it better myself!

Hmm who can have a beard? oh Peter Facinelli a la Van Ray in Fastlane. He actually looks better with a goatee! But he's probably the only one too.

Comment

On a lighter note, I have a friend who looks just like Obi Wan avec beard. Plus, a work colleague has to go without shaving for two weeks. We've made him a 'beard growth chart'.
        lol ok, first of all, i love your sig pic. second, YESSS! Johnny Depp actually looks good in anything!

hmmm...i would say Ty Pennington's little gotee thingy is hot. and Aragorn's original wasn't bad...it just grew too much...or something.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree here, I *love* beards on men, they are so, well, manly! Mmmmmm. And much nicer than stubble IMO which is inevitable with shaving.

I think Aragorn as played by Viggo is incredibly hot, but I don't like how he looks without a beard nearly as much. But the dirty scruffy look he has in LOTR...yum!

I also LOVE Hector in the movie Troy, who has a sexy full beard. And Ba'al has very sex facial hair that I wouldn't want gone for the world. I'm not sure how Daniel will look with a beard but I may end up liking it very much, knowing me!

I do agree though that Teal'c's little facial racing strip (hehe) was an abomination, at least IMHO. *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
            I have to respectfully disagree here, I *love* beards on men, they are so, well, manly! Mmmmmm. And much nicer than stubble IMO which is inevitable with shaving.

I think Aragorn as played by Viggo is incredibly hot, but I don't like how he looks without a beard nearly as much. But the dirty scruffy look he has in LOTR...yum!

I also LOVE Hector in the movie Troy, who has a sexy full beard. And Ba'al has very sex facial hair that I wouldn't want gone for the world. I'm not sure how Daniel will look with a beard but I may end up liking it very much, knowing me!

I do agree though that Teal'c's little facial racing strip (hehe) was an abomination, at least IMHO. *shudder*
            i agree that viggo looks way better w/facial hair than without and that there is no ba'al w/out it, i just can't stand the bushy full beardedness.
            lol and i haven't met anyone who liked teal'c's little "caterpillar"

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Okay some beards I like:
              Aragorn I had a nice poster of him with a beard. Took it down a few days
              ago to make room for other posters though....
              Gil Grissom from CSI....I didn't like it at first. Grew on me with time
              As Mazzmatazz said Johnny Depp in PotC

Beards I don't like:
              Season 4 Teal'c! Ack!
              The Beatles! It's wrong I tell ya! Okay mainly just Paul, but I prefer the moptops on all of them

I'm still undecided on Daniel. I'll have to see it to find out

Comment

ack facial hair

Spoiler:
                Sheppard with a beard in a season 2 ep worries me

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
                  Okay some beards I like:
                  Aragorn I had a nice poster of him with a beard. Took it down a few days
                  ago to make room for other posters though....
                  Gil Grissom from CSI....I didn't like it at first. Grew on me with time
                  As Mazzmatazz said Johnny Depp in PotC

Beards I don't like:
                  Season 4 Teal'c! Ack!
                  The Beatles! It's wrong I tell ya! Okay mainly just Paul, but I prefer the moptops on all of them

I'm still undecided on Daniel. I'll have to see it to find out
                  hehe...i love beatles music. hey, you're from Liverpool!
                  lets see, i think Grissom w/beard is ok...i guess. *shrug* lol it "grew" on you? ok...

i saw pics of Daniel w/the beard in the season 9 ep guide.

i actually do like beards...just not...bushes! i prefere the little bit 'o stubble, myself.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Originally posted by -Jules-
                    lol it "grew" on you? ok...
                    Hehe, no pun intended

Comment

Yeah, the hiddious thing on his lip is refered to, by my friends and I as a caterpillar.
                      By the way, I believe Viggo Mortenson has grown a mustache inspired by a willow tree.

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

he has? willow tree? what!? lol

and yes...caterpillar best describes it.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Ewan McGregor - avec beard or sans beard?

Personally, not sure

Comment

Daniel with a beard is just SO wrong. I mean I know it's been nine years but going from shaggy hair geeky looking Season 1 Daniel to now the Season Nine's what is more like a scruffy looking commando Daniel.It just doesn't seem right. I miss Daniel's old glasses the big ones like he had in the first season. I'm not sure what he had in the preview's but I'm pretty sure it wasn't those which IMO he looked the best in.
                            Please come and vist my friends and my little corner of the net. We'd love to have you.

Comment

actually, i've noticed he hasn't been wearing them that often.

lol they all must have taken some of Willy Wonka's "hair taffy"!

EDIT: ok, i just saw charlie and the chocolate factory so everything revolves around that now!
                              Last edited by -Jules-; 01 August 2005, 08:50 PM.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Working...
                              X