• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A time flub...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Errors:

1. Since the four member of SG-1 hasn't entered into the wormhole at the same moment, they all should have arrived in different times.

2. The Sears Tower was finished in 1972, so it couldn't be ready in 1969 in Chicago.
      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/06.jpg

3. The young Hammond has got brown eyes, while the old one has got blue eyes.
      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/01.jpg
      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/02.jpg

4. There was no blue light again behind the stargate, while it had only a weakened one at the arriving:
      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/05.jpg
      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/08.jpg
      http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/09.jpg
      My comment : This one is a returning mistake and they have made it in almost every episode. Just it was more obvious here because of the dark background.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        2. The Sears Tower was finished in 1972, so it couldn't be ready in 1969 in Chicago.
        http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/2x21/06.jpg
        Reminds me of the frozen lake Jack Dawson in Titanic claims he fell in. It doesn't exist in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
          I agree with other posters here....I really would have loved if they had found out what happened to Michael. I always wondered.
          If you are interested in any of the fiction books put out by Fandemonium (officially approved by MGM), there is one titled "Transitions" where Sg1 meets Michael and Jenny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Reminds me of the frozen lake Jack Dawson in Titanic claims he fell in. It doesn't exist in reality.
            Actually, it does exist. It just didn't exist in 1912.
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              Actually, it does exist. It just didn't exist in 1912.
              At the time it should have happened it didn't -- was what I meant. In the timeframe of the film... should have mentioned that.
              I know it exists.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Also Cassie wouldn't have seen Daniel bald if I remember correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                    I agree with other posters here....I really would have loved if they had found out what happened to Michael. I always wondered.
                    If you are into reading fanfiction, there's a good book put out by Stargate Novels called "Transitions" that addresses what happened to Michael and Jennie. It's kind of a fun book, amongst all the seriousness in it.
                    Last edited by hedwig; 19 March 2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

In watching this episode last night on Comet TV, there is the scene where Jack is being interrogated by the guy smoking the cigarette and when Jack was asked his name he said he was James T. Kirk. I'm a little bit surprised that the other guy had no reaction to that since Star Trek had been so popular before this scene happened and many people likely knew who that was. Unless, of course, the interrogator wasn't a sic-fi fan and had never watched Star Trek.

Comment

Or he purposefully didn't let on he knew Jack was playing with him.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          In watching this episode last night on Comet TV, there is the scene where Jack is being interrogated by the guy smoking the cigarette and when Jack was asked his name he said he was James T. Kirk. I'm a little bit surprised that the other guy had no reaction to that since Star Trek had been so popular before this scene happened and many people likely knew who that was. Unless, of course, the interrogator wasn't a sic-fi fan and had never watched Star Trek.
                          Star Trek became popular in syndication. While it was on the air it was a middling show that was in danger almost immediately. It premiered among reruns so the pilot did well, but then the ratings started to tank fast, falling to 33rd and then 51st in the ratings all in the span of the first five episodes. The ratings continued to decline each season and was only saved because it had "favorable" demographics and because of a massive letter writing campaign in season 2. For season 3, they moved it to Friday nights, so if you wanted to watch it in 1969, it meant not going out after work.
                          Last edited by Xaeden; 23 August 2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I think that 1969 is a good early Stargate episode, it doesn't feature aliens or another planet but it shows the SG-1 team bonding and becoming like a family as they have to live, eat, sleep in the same environment (instead of getting to go home after missions) for a long (undetermined length of time). It bonded them also as they were having an experience that few others can relate to other than John Sheppard, alternate timeline Elizabeth Weir and (most of) the Destiny crew. The only thing I don't like as much is the part with Cassie-it is a nice little scene but as they series went on and expanded to new shows I can't imagine humanity getting to a point where the stargate program and missions (seem) to have been abandoned. Also I wish we could have, in some way, known what happened to Michael and Jennifer but not knowing keeps it open for the audience member to decide-some will believe that he went to war and fought valiantly while others, like myself, think that Michael and Jennifer went to Canada and continued to live as hippies. I don't like the part where Jack tries to convince Michael to go to war-I understand that for the Jack character fighting for his country is a huge part of his life but as Samantha pointed out it needed to be Michael's decision alone.

Comment

Originally posted by EvaWallE7744 View Post
                              Also I wish we could have, in some way, known what happened to Michael and Jennifer but not knowing keeps it open for the audience member to decide-some will believe that he went to war and fought valiantly while others, like myself, think that Michael and Jennifer went to Canada and continued to live as hippies.
                              I like to think that Michael made up his mind about the draft and that making it to Canada would mean he didn't have to "fight valiantly" cause there's nothing valiant about war, and he didn't seem like the type to survive long in the trenches of Vietnam anyway. If he did, he wouldn't have been the same "hippie" he was when he left.

Comment

i agree that war is not valiant but i do know some people who would say otherwise and i do agree that it changes people. When i was working on my history degree i studied a wide variety of cultures both contemporary and millennia's old and unfortunately a large number of them had wars. I think one of the reasons people watch Stargate, and other sci-fi shows, is because it shows a meaning for conflict and success overcoming that conflict (i.e. fighting and defeating the Goa'uld) on the way to a better future (i.e. ascension).
                                Last edited by EvaWallE7744; 10 December 2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X