No announcement yet.

1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-episode quiz (Show And Tell, 1969 & Out Of Mind) -- this way!

And the jigsaw puzzle for this episode -- 1969

According to the jigsaw-maker, I could have made this the hardest one of them all so far, with a whoppin' 440 pieces, but I didn't.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Another EXCELLENT here!
      It's one of my favorite fun episodes.

Comment

I think overall, 1969 is one that will make a lot of all-time favorite top 10 episodes.

Comment

7 minutes and 2 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I think overall, 1969 is one that will make a lot of all-time favorite top 10 episodes.
            Not me. It's one of the most overrated episodes in Stargate history. It's a fairly good episode just not the best. It's filled with continuity errors. I like it for it's importance on Stargate physics and SG-1 incorporating themselves as physics. I wonder how long Hammond waited to make the money joke.

This one wasn't even close FH. 4 minutes and 36 seconds
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

While I do agree that it is one of the excellent episodes of the series...I don't think it is in my top 10.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Donks View Post
                Well, I'm a guy. I'm required by law to pretend to know everything there is to know about engines, even if I can't change a spark plug to save my life

Anyways, AFAIK the battery is used to start the engine, after that the combustion keeps it going, and the battery is recharged.
                And I always just believed (it's about belief, after all...) that the power from the trucks was needed to trigger stored energy in the gate's capacitor -to avoid dilemmas like this, mind you.

12:47, thought this would be much easier/faster than other puzzles but, alas... definitely my favorite puzzle so far, love the photo.
                Last edited by photoglyph; 16 April 2018, 03:41 PM.
                "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

I agree! The haphazard way in which I began viewing the show (when it moved to SCI-Fi in the sixth season) meant I missed many prior episodes. From that perspective, I found it really grabbed me, perhaps it's because it's so atypical an episode and you see more of the interrelations between the cast as a result.
                  "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

I agree with other posters here....I really would have loved if they had found out what happened to Michael. I always wondered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                      I agree with other posters here....I really would have loved if they had found out what happened to Michael. I always wondered.
                      I concur...did we ever get his last name in the episode?
                      sigpic

Comment

Nope. Just "Jenny & Michael"

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          Nope. Just "Jenny & Michael"

Seaboe
                          Did a little digging according to http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Clark ...both Michael and Jenny's last name is Clark.
                          sigpic

Comment

I refuse to accept anything from the Stargate wiki as fact
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

8:30

I love this episode! Many fun moments. The line that cracked me up the most is Teal'c's "The war in Canada?"

Comment

While I love this episode, the part in the missile silo and testing the rocket engine always drives me crazy. Circa 1969, AFAIK, all rocket engines were tested something like 3 times before they were attached to a rocket--after which they were either used or not used. They weren't tested again.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X