1969 (221)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isnt he?

He got to sit next to Sam and Jack. Lucky Fluffy.
    Shipper Haven eBay Page --- Shipper Haven Website
    Shipper Haven Facebook Page --- Shipper Haven Twitter Page
    Shipper Haven - A safe haven for you and your TV, Movie and Literary ships.

Comment

Such a lucky creature. Gets to do way too much!
      __

__

Comment

The thing that confuses me about this episode is if the stargate uses so much power and costs the US government so much to run, how the hell do they run it from a car battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
          The thing that confuses me about this episode is if the stargate uses so much power and costs the US government so much to run, how the hell do they run it from a car battery?

lol I do agree. Mind you, I'm guessing it costs a lot of money to run, if it is kept open for a longer period of time because it requires more power. However, over a short period it may not require so much energy.
          __

__

Comment

But seriously they created a wormhole from the power of a damn caqr battery.

Comment

Apparently you can travel through time with the same battery you use to run your car's radio and lights Its not a hole!!!! It makes perfect sense.

Comment

Actually, I think they used two car batteries, which makes it less nitpick-y.
                Rocky

Comment

Actually, they didn't use the car bateries per se. They had the engines running, using them as power generators. A car (or truck in this case) recharges the battery while running.

Comment

Originally posted by Donks
                    Actually, they didn't use the car bateries per se. They had the engines running, using them as power generators. A car (or truck in this case) recharges the battery while running.

Certain? Obviously you know more about cars than I do, but however it was done, wasn't it just luck they had JUST enough power? lol
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      Certain? Obviously you know more about cars than I do, but however it was done, wasn't it just luck they had JUST enough power? lol
                      Well, I'm a guy. I'm required by law to pretend to know everything there is to know about engines, even if I can't change a spark plug to save my life

Anyways, AFAIK the battery is used to start the engine, after that the combustion keeps it going, and the battery is recharged.

Comment

Well, I'm a guy. I'm required by law to pretend to know everything there is to know about engines, even if I can't change a spark plug to save my life

Anyways, AFAIK the battery is used to start the engine, after that the combustion keeps it going, and the battery is recharged.

Well, I'm a guy too but since you're older, I'll understand that comment, as I don't understand too much about every proportion of cars, yet!
                        __

__

Comment

You don't HAVE to understand it, you just have to PRETEND like you do

Comment

You don't HAVE to understand it, you just have to PRETEND like you do

Ah ha, I see. Understood loud and clear, my little servant you!
                            __

__

Comment

Fantastic episode.

It would be neat to know what happened to Michael and Jenny. Did he avoid the draft? Did he go to war?

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Originally posted by angsty_otaku
                                it was a great episode...it had some memoriable scenes...
                                some guard:*in russian* are you russian spies
                                daniel: niete
                                jack: daniel!
                                daniel: he just asked us if we were russian spies..and i said no...
                                jack gives this look
                                daniel: oh...
                                heh heh and the teal'c michael scenes...oh man. though we should find out what happens to jenny and michael...
                                Jenny and Michael would make a great episode: maybe another foothold-type situation and Jen and Mike just happen to be in the area and get mixed up somehow? Of course, they'd probably get killed off quite heroically...but it'd still be a cool ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X