This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The One the only The ARIS BOCH appreciation thread

I though i'd raise A thread to preserve in eternal memory the glory of the One shot character of ARIS BOCH.
    The greatness of Boch is only apparent in his abillity to be the anti-goa'ul form of a demented Barney the purple dinosaur. (come on i can't be the only person to think that after the (You hate goa'uld, I hate goa'uld. We all hate...Goa uld
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

HAHAHA... maybe he'll come back, who knows! I liked his rowdy attitude -- quite frankly, I didn't like the character at the beginning of the episode, because he was so cocky and stuff, but by the end I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for what he went through. Maybe he'll help the Tau'ri out with anti-Goa'uld defenses. I never understood how he got off the planet at the end though -- did he go through the Stargate too after SG-1 did? If so, he must have had to hurry because Sokar was on his way!!
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Yeah I'm sure he used the stargate because he didn't have any other way of getting off the planet. Also the ship exploded as a cover so that Sokar would think they had died buying SG-1 and Boch a little more time before Sokar figured out what was going on.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I liked Aris Boch. I wish that we will see more of him or meet another one of his species. He did seem kinda cocky in the beginning, but over time he like mellowed out.

In a fight-to-the-death combat between him and Boba Fett, who would you think will win?
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Sokar has been shown to be keener than that when he actually appears -- he is impersonating as the devil and lord of lies, after all -- but yeah, I hope for Aris' sake that he got out QUICK. He seemed to definitely be a parody of sorts of Boba Fett and other sci-fi bounty hunters in some way. I finally got 'round to seeing the ep.

I'm not sure who'd win. After all, Bounty Hunters have to be lucky
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Any way was It just me or was Boh sort of a proto-loner version of O'Neill? With all the sarky-ness and all he even looks like Kurt Russel. (IMHO of course)
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              Any way was It just me or was Boh sort of a proto-loner version of O'Neill?
              I thought so too. I think that's why they worked so well together. In fact, Aris had great chemistry with the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                I liked Aris Boch. I wish that we will see more of him or meet another one of his species. He did seem kinda cocky in the beginning, but over time he like mellowed out.

In a fight-to-the-death combat between him and Boba Fett, who would you think will win?

One of the best lines in the entire series happened because of Aris Boch.

O'Neill: Can you take him? *turns to Teal'c*
                Teal'c: *raises his eyebrow* I can!

LOL I guess you just have to see it. It's funny as hell, my brother and I laugh at that line everytime we see that episode.

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I hope he comes back, if only for more exchanges like this.

O'Neill: We're exactly one zat gun short of actually having a zat gun.
                  Boch: Zat gun?
                  O'Neill: drop the -nikatel
                  Boch: I suppose it does save some effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal
                    I hope he comes back, if only for more exchanges like this.

O'Neill: We're exactly one zat gun short of actually having a zat gun.
                    Boch: Zat gun?
                    O'Neill: drop the -nikatel
                    Boch: I suppose it does save some effort.
                    And...

Aris: You, treat my wound.
                    Daniel: I'm an archeologist.
                    Aris: Yes, but you're also a doctor.
                    Daniel: ...of archeology.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yes,I wish they'd bring him back.I like how he messed with them concerning the "zat gun" & the "countdown" for the auto-destruct on the ship.He just wanted to see them sweat,hah!

i liked how he showed the "zat" didn't affect him by turning it on himself[ "Oooh,...that tickles"].Then O'Neill casually retested it by shooting AB in the butt.
                      Generally,I thought he fit in rather well with them & he sure could give O'Neill a run for his money with the snarkiness .
                      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

It would be nice to see him again in season 8, I liked his cockiness. I wonder how he knew a lot about Earth though "contrary to popular human belief, Earth is not the center of the universe". Yeah, he was a cool fella.

As to Fett vs. Boch? Well Fett has a jetpack+flamethrower+wrist and backpack rockets+grappling hook and a blaster, then again, he doesn't have a personal deflector shield so one shot with a Zat....
                        This post brought to you by Snackey-Smores.

Comment

One thing I've never been sure of. Did the Zat not do anything because of his armour, or his physiology?
                          sigpic

Comment

i think it would be kind of cool as well to see boch return in season 8, or maybe even a season nine. (i hope) i hope we get a chance to meet his people and kind of have sg-1 save them like they do so many others

TAKUNITAGAMINITURON
                            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                              One thing I've never been sure of. Did the Zat not do anything because of his armour, or his physiology?
                              I have often wondered that to. AB is one of my favorite episodes but
                              most people rate it as one of the worst episodes. They should do a
                              follow up story on him and if he really does have a wife and son (I think
                              thats right) try to save them in return for some of his tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X