No announcement yet.

Show and Tell (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bit of a Meh ep actually, but there are some good parts - nice teamwork, but it seems a bit odd that the Tokra were wandring around the SGC with the anti-Retu devices and then getting all floppy and unable to use them effectively.

But there is a good point being made and that is, not all aliens are visible and (hot on the heels of One False Step) we have a lot to learn.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Not entirely sure I like this episode, but don't hate it either. It's just a little meh for me. Maybe because we never hear from the Ree'tu or Charlie again. The TER's remain but beyond that nothing. They make the Ree'tu look like a force to be reckoned with, and then they are simply forgotten which diminishes that threat quite a bit.

However, they have quite a bit in common with the Replicators build by the Ancients in Stargate Atlantis, which uphold the exact same philosophy -- kill the foodsource of the Wraith in order to starve them and kill them without having to lift a direct finger against them. Seems like more was rehashed than I previously thought. The things a person learns and discovers... damn.

It's good to see Jacob/Selmak again.

And boy did this episode have a lot of red shirts. You just knew all those marines were going to bite the dust.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This was a pretty good episode for Jack.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I liked the episode but the showdown in the infirmary didn't really make any sense.

Why didn't "Mother" shoot the two rebels when the entered? Yes, they could have just got the drop on her but why leave her armed?

The way the scene played out was as though neither "Mother" nor "Charlie" knew they were there, and the rebels didn't see "Mother" either.

Unless the Reetou can make themselves invisible to other Reetou? However, I don't believe this was ever stated in the story.

I hardly ever pay heed to minor plot holes, but this was a bit too big.

I try to avoid spoilers, but I couldn't help seeing above that these creatures and "Charlie" never appear in the series again. That is a shame as these aliens had potential.

Comment

I hadn't thought about it, but I can see Mother being somewhere the rebels can't see her, watching over her son, and not revealing herself until Jack and Daniel took action.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Nice episode - great kid. I agree it would have been nice to hear from that kid again. I think the Ree'tous are mentioned later maybe once, maybe twice.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

After watching falling skies i was drawn back to this ep and saw a big resemblance between the retoo and the skitters.

Comment

I enjoyed this one, although it would have been great to see Charlie again... The Ree'tu sort of remind me of the Shadows in Babylon 5.
                  sigpic

Comment

Looks like my opinion about this episode hasn't changed much since the last time I watched it. It's still a meh-episode for me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Not entirely sure I like this episode, but don't hate it either. It's just a little meh for me. Maybe because we never hear from the Ree'tu or Charlie again. The TER's remain but beyond that nothing. They make the Ree'tu look like a force to be reckoned with, and then they are simply forgotten which diminishes that threat quite a bit.
                    The only difference with the above from last time, is that since then I acquired a TER, a replica but damn they are some fine looking spaceguns.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    However, they have quite a bit in common with the Replicators build by the Ancients in Stargate Atlantis, which uphold the exact same philosophy -- kill the foodsource of the Wraith in order to starve them and kill them without having to lift a direct finger against them. Seems like more was rehashed than I previously thought. The things a person learns and discovers... damn.
                    And this is also still true. I once again had to think of the Replicators' methods of fighting the Wraith.

It was nice to see Jacob and Selmak. The TER's are cool.
                    Plenty of red shirts -- come on, those marines were wearing big fat targets on their backs.

Something I keep forgetting though -- Peter Deluise peeping out from behind the big honkin' gun when Charlie walks down the ramp.

How would you rate SG-1's "Show and Tell?"

Excellent
                    Good
                    Fair
                    Poor
                    Terrible

Comment

3-episode quiz (Show And Tell, 1969 & Out Of Mind) -- this way!

And the jigsaw puzzle for this episode -- Show And Tell

Comment

6 minutes and 41 seconds

Comment

This is a favorite of mine. I always thought the idea of the Reetu being completely invisible and their insane idea of fighting the Goa'uld to be incredibly interesting. Like FH, I too am disgruntled we never hear from this threat again despite the warning by Selmack. But that is not the fault of the episode. One thing that bothers me is that I find it hard to believe that the weeks "Mother" was in the SGC that Teal'c never sensed her. its a good for me

I had to push myself FH to get 6 minutes and 38 seconds
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Darn so close...

Comment

10:51
                              This was an okay episode. There were some sweet moments between Jack and Charlie. Always good seeing Jacob. It was interesting that the symbiotes acted as a detection device to the Reetu. Cool new technology in the TER.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                                Cool new technology in the TER.
                                I got one.
                                A replica but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X