This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural

Are you a believer? There is much supernatural stuff, like Bigfoot, UFOs, alien abductions, The Lockness Monster, ghosts, Chupacabras, ect.

Here are some taken from here

UFO

On December 9, 1965, hundreds of witnesses saw a strange object crash into the woods in Kecksburg, Michigan ... Early in the morning of December 27, 1980, two U.S. Air Force security patrolmen saw a glowing metallic object hovering above Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk, England ... Between 1989 and 1990, hundreds of enormous triangular objects were reported in the skies over Belgium ... On January 5, 2000, a business owner and several police officers in Illinois saw a huge, brightly lit object dart across the sky ...

Thousands of people around the world have reported occurrences just like these -- strange, unidentified flying craft that hover in the air or land on the ground. Are these unidentified flying objects -- UFOs, as they're called -- alien spaceships visiting us from faraway planets? Or are they simply high-tech military craft, weather balloons or other easily explainable sightings?
    This article looks into the myths and mysteries surrounding UFOs, highlighting the discoveries researchers have made so far and the great unknown that still surrounds these strange flying objects.

Have aliens really taken people into their spacecraft and experimented on them? Many say they have. Probably the first account of an alien abduction came from a New Hampshire couple named Barney and Betty Hill. On September 19, 1961, the couple was driving through a rural area in central New Hampshire when they noticed a moving light in the sky. As the object came closer, they saw that it was large and flat with multi-colored lights and many rows of windows. When Barney looked at the craft through his binoculars, he reportedly saw creatures inside it, one of which appeared to be the leader. Frightened, the couple drove home. Several days after their sighting, Betty began to have nightmares about being inside the craft. Later, under hypnosis, the couple recalled having been taken into the UFO and experimented upon.

Were the Hills, and the thousands of other people who say they have been abducted since then, telling the truth? Skeptics claim the aliens with wraparound eyes that Barney described aired on an episode of "Outer Limits" just 12 days before the hypnosis session in which he described them.
    But the stories of abductees are remarkably similar. Many people recall being bathed in light and feeling paralyzed. Then there is a feeling of being carried in a beam of light to a waiting alien spacecraft. They describe an examination room in which their bodies are poked, prodded and studied in various ways. Many tell of having sperm or eggs removed from their bodies and used to produce alien-human offspring, which some people claim to have met when they returned to the spacecraft at a later date.

These memories may sound like the stuff of imagination, but some researchers say alien abductees share many of the same post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms as war veterans. When they listen to audio tapes of sounds that mirror their experiences, they exhibit physical symptoms -- their palms sweat, their muscles contract and their heart rate increases, Harvard University researcher Richard McNally and his colleagues reported in the July 2004 issue of the journal Psychological Science.
    Also, the timing of the abduction stories appears to coincide with the sighting of UFOs nearby. Many of the abductees are reported as missing when they claim to have been abducted, and when they return, they have strange cuts and bruises on their bodies.

In March of 1999, a man reported a strange occurrence in northern California. He was driving up Interstate 5 to visit friends in Oregon, and around 10:00 p.m., he took an exit off the highway to see if he could find a place to get some dinner. When he couldn't find a restaurant, he decided to pull onto the side of the road and make do with some snacks he had in the car. After he ate, he dozed off, and was soon awakened by a loud thump. When he got out to investigate, he found a good-sized rock on the hood of his car. He got back behind the wheel, started the car up and turned on the headlights. In the beams, he saw an 8-foot-tall creature covered in thick, dark hair. The creature watched him for a minute, turned in the road and walked slowly off into the woods.

People have been telling stories like this one for hundreds of years -- this creature was part of Native American folklore long before Europeans arrived on the continent. In the past 50 years alone, there have been thousands of reported bigfoot sightings in the United States and Canada, and many people claim to have seen a similar creature in the Himalayas. But in all this time, with all of these alleged encounters, nobody has unearthed bones or other conclusive proof of the giant primate. This has led many zoologists to dismiss the stories as hoaxes, hallucinations and misidentifications.

In this article, we'll examine the reports of bigfoot, also known as sasquatch, and its Asian cousin the yeti, to find out what these creatures might be and where they might come from. We'll also look at the compelling evidence for and against their existence and find out why so many people believe in them.

Legends of bloodsucking creatures have been present in many cultures throughout history. One vampire-like creature that has been gaining a considerable amount of notoriety is the Chupacabra.
    The literal translation for the Spanish word "chupacabra" is "goat sucker." This creature has been a constant conundrum to cryptozoologists (scientists who study animals that may or may not be real) in North and South America for over 50 years. With sightings in various regions of Puerto Rico, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and the United States, this is one well-traveled beast. An anomaly since the early 1950s, the Chupacabra was at its height of notoriety in the 1990s -- even surpassing such longtime favorites as Nessy (the Loch Ness monster) and Bigfoot.
    In this article, we'll look at the legend of El Chupacabra and some reports of sightings and incidents.

Ghost stories have probably been around as long as humans have had language. The Epic of Gilgamesh, thought by many scholars to be the oldest written story, contains many references to the spirits of the dead. That is the most basic definition of a ghost -- a person's spirit that continues to exist in some form after the physical body has died. Most religions describe an afterlife where these spirits are sent to be either rewarded or punished for their deeds in this life. A lot of ghost stories focus on spirits that return from this afterlife or never get there in the first place -- instead, they interact with people in the physical world.

Why do these spirits have such a hard time getting to, or staying in, the afterlife? Ghost believers often cite "unfinished business" in the dead person's life. Sudden violent or traumatic death is another reason given for hauntings. In some cases, people seem to have formed such a strong bond to a specific place in life that his or her spirit returns there after death.

Some hauntings don't seem to involve a specific spirit moving about in a conscious manner. These hauntings seem more like an old film replaying an event from the past, like a battle or a murder. There are reports of spectral Roman armies marching off to some long forgotten war or soldiers still fighting the Battle of Gettysburg in ghostly form.

One of the most famous kinds of ghosts isn't believed to involve the spirits of the dead at all. Some have theorized that poltergeists (German for "knocking spirit") result from telekinetic energy given off by angry or frustrated people. Often, adolescents going through puberty are reported to be the focus of the bangings and moving objects that are the hallmarks of poltergeist activity.
    The final type of ghosts can be classified as evil entities. Those who subscribe to Judeo-Christian religion and mythology believe that some hauntings are caused by demons or even Satan himself. Sometimes these demons even "possess" a living person. Believers feel that the best way to get rid of these ghosts is with an exorcism, a special religious ritual that is intended to cast the demons out.

Of course, this discussion of ghosts assumes that they're real, and assumptions have no place in worthwhile investigations. Ghostbusting investigations are no exception.

I only believe in UFOs and Alien Abductions. Do you believe in any supernatural stuff?

I believe very much in ghosts. I was sharing some stories with Droops on LJ about my experiences. I'm a bit schizophrenic about it though, because I totally believe, yet if I step back and look at what I'm saying, I think I'm talking complete bs

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
      I believe very much in ghosts. I was sharing some stories with Droops on LJ about my experiences. I'm a bit schizophrenic about it though, because I totally believe, yet if I step back and look at what I'm saying, I think I'm talking complete bs
      I don't believe in ghost that much. On a scale of 1 to 10 my belief in ghost is 6/10. I have seen that ghost mess with electrical equipment like camaras and stuff.

Comment

WOW you must have been writing this all afternoon! I think most people now realise that aliens are out there somewhere. The odds of us being alone are very slim. The question is are they coming here to visit and study us. I hope in a way they arent as they would probably be disappointed with us at the moment.
        Because of the way governments talk about possible aliens its difficult to work out if they know anything at all. This leads to confusion and all sorts of conspiracy rubbish. Its strange how everyone thinks that they're little gray people.( Although if they are i can see why - gray goes with everything )
        As for bigfoot and nessie, because the kind of people who spot them are usually wacko its difficult to believe.
        Theres meant to be a load of little people living under the surface of the Earth. I presume they look like Umpa Lumpas. I think I'll stick with aliens it seems more logical .

Comment

I'm a believer....I would go as far to say I know for a fact that "they" have visited us.....they are among us now..I know this is a serious thread and I'm being serious. I think "they" are among us...whoever "they" are..

Arik tree-ac te kek. Dal Shakka Mel!

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
            WOW you must have been writing this all afternoon!
            Actally I got it from here: http://science.howstuffworks.com/sup...al-channel.htm

Comment

I believe whole heartedly in the paranormal, including the supernatural, preternatural, extra terrestrial and cryptozoological. I've even seen a few things myself.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

what's preter..thingy?

Arik tree-ac te kek. Dal Shakka Mel!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinubis
                  what's preter..thingy?
                  HUH?

Comment

I believe that it is possible and plausible for aliens to exist, but I have serious diffiulty believing ghosts. Does that make me sceptical or a believer? I'm all confuzzled!

Shéyna
                    Shéyna

Sheyna-isms: Like normal words, but better!

Pop into my myspace profile and leave me a message! If you wanna add me, message me letting me know your from gateworld first!!!www.myspace.com/sheyna_lou

XxX

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer
                      Are you a believer? There is much supernatural stuff, like Bigfoot, UFOs, alien abductions, The Lockness Monster, ghosts, Chupacabras, ect.
                      There is no such thing as the Lochness Monster.

Storsjöodjuret ("Great Lake monster" if I have to translate it...) in Sweden on the other hand...
                      Hey! It's far more documented then any monster in Scottland. We simply like to keep our monsters a bit more secret from the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinubis
                        what's preter..thingy?
                        Ok, basically the supernatural is a term that refers STRICTLY to paranormal phenomenon of divine origin, we're talking angels, stigmata, weeping statues of the virgin mary...

The preternatural is the exact opposite, we're talking malignant spirits basically, or phenomenon with evil origins.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I do believe in the so-called 'super-natural'... selectively. I believe that their are beings that exist on a 'higher' plane than we do. I've seen a ghost before when I was a kid, but I'm not really sure what they are. Specifically, I know it was a spirit being... but a ghost I would classify as the spirit of a dead human, not some other sort of being. I don't know precisely what it was. All I know is it freaked me out. The part of Ohio I'm from has a lot of 'sasquatch' stories. I have family members who have claimed to have seen a few, or know of people that claimed to have seen them. I've never seen one myself, so I can't say as to wether or not they exist. I started the "Have you seen a UFO" thread, so you know I believe there is something going on with that. I just don't know what. I'm not sure about all the 'monsters' and fairies' and such. I do have some skepticism, but I'm willing to allow for the possibility of such things. It's just that I have no personal experiance with such things, so it would take some doing for me to believe in them for certain.
                          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

I haven't had something supernatural happen to me, yet. Although, I am always on the lookout for anything supernatural.

Comment

It's Loch Ness, not lockness

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Working...
                              X