This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Ancient sent "Christian" off Earth ?S2 "Demons"

Did the Ancient sent "Christian" off Earth ?

In S2 episode "Demons" , Sg1 find a Christian world, the people were living in the same condidion as the Dark ages.

Daniel was surprise because those people were transported off Earth about 1000 yr ago.Probaby by the Antractic gate.

We never find out ,how those people got off Earth during that period of time.
    The middle age and Dark ages were not exactly a nice place on Earth.
    The Black Death, the Religious conflict, and lack of progress in the Science area, like Daniel said for 800 yr , the level of technologies were stay the same.
    The Tollan probaby pass Earth during that time.

The spoiler said
    Some Ancient were in king Arthur's court , that is about the same period of time those people were transported off Earth.

Are we going to find out more about the Christian people of episode"Demons"
    And that rings that create lighting, Jack took that ring from that guy.
    Was that ring an Ancient technologies?

Hmmm interesting thoughts...I'd love to learn about that period of time...and a bit about how the ring works.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Vary interesting point. The writers can go along way with it. Or have they already. MMMMM!!!!
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

No, those people were taken by Sokar through the Antarctica Stargate. It was stated as such by Daniel in that episode shortly after they realized they were christian.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Ahh...now I remember that. It's hard to remember all those tiny details :s.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
            No, those people were taken by Sokar through the Antarctica Stargate. It was stated as such by Daniel in that episode shortly after they realized they were christian.
            No ,Daniel never said Sokar took them, he said those people were Christian, which mean they were taken from Earth only from 1000 yr ago using the Atlantis.
            Daniel suspect the Tok'ra or the Asgard took those people.

Sokar only pretended to be Satan's character to those people.

If Sokar took those people ,then he would know about the Antractic gate, he would had invaded Earth thousands yr ago .

But now we know Ancient had co-exist with human at one time, and the spoiler said an Ancient may be a member of King Arthur's court.
            King Arthur was from the Christan time , the Dark or middle ages .

The design of that ring use by that Guy looks kind of like DHD the size of a finger ring.
            It create lighting, Jack took that ring back from that Guy.And they never mention it again.

I was wondering if the ring was Goa'uld design,because it look like a DHD,but now we know the Ancient was the one who design the DHD, and it make sense if an Ancient who took people from Europe during the dark ages ,using the Antractic gate, may be some Anceint though human may not survive the dark ages, Daniel said during that time ,for 800 yr science was forbidden .

If we are going to learn more about the Ancient, then may be we get an answer about the people from episode "Demons",SG1 told them to buried the gate, but now Earth has Prometheus with Asgard hyperdrive, we can re-visit them and solve the mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
              No ,Daniel never said Sokar took them, he said those people were Christian, which mean they were taken from Earth only from 1000 yr ago using the Atlantis.
              What exactly is "the Atlantis"?

You're right though, Daniel never stated that it was Sokar that took them, however it was implied by the writers. I mean, considering they were on another planet, and that they were slaves to Sokar's "Demons", it was pretty much established that it was indeed Sokar that abducted them and moved them to that planet.

Daniel suspect the Tok'ra or the Asgard took those people.
              Not once in that episode were either the Tok'ra or the Asgard even mentioned.

If Sokar took those people ,then he would know about the Antractic gate, he would had invaded Earth thousands yr ago .
              Exactly. If you remember from the episode Serpent's Song, Daniel says that Sokar once ruled over all of Earth, and his lands around Memphis were covered in darkness and inhabited by serpents.
              Since we know Ra ruled over Earth until the rebellion in 2995 BC, this would mean Sokar ruled Earth after Ra had abandoned the planet. However, since we also know that the Giza gate was buried after the rebelion, the only way Sokar could have controlled Earth is by the Antarctica gate, which is how those Christian peoples got to that planet in the first place.

Now, you're right about there being a connection between the ancients and King Arthur, but more than likely it was to defend Earth from Sokar, who would have been in control over Earth at that time.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Just pointing out that Demons was actually in Season 3

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

It might not have been Sokar who took those people off of earth but it was definitely a Goa'uld.

Comment

I seriously doubt it was anyone else...who else could it have been?

Comment

What do we know?

Those people were Christian , who left Earth during the dark ages, and either they were transported by ships or by the Antractic gate.

And a ring was given to those people, allow them to create lighting.
                      It affects the clouds and then the lightning will hit the target ,control by pointing the ring.

The goa'uld would not allow the slave to have such powerful weapon, Sokar knew about the planet and demand some human offering (for host purpose).

The Goa'uld lost contact with Earth when the Alpha gate in Egypt was buried, and about 2000 yr ago some Jaffa tried to use the Antactica but die and were frozen.

So why would the Goa'uld left Earth alone and only take a few people off the planet during the Dark ages?

That ring that control lightning, it kind of affect the clouds ,it reminds me of the touchstone.We never find out the origin of the touchstone.

Comment

What do we know?

Those people were Christian , who left Earth during the dark ages, and either they were transported by ships or by the Antractic gate.
                        According to the show, it was the Antarctica gate. Since the show is canon, debating it is pointless.

The goa'uld would not allow the slave to have such powerful weapon, Sokar knew about the planet and demand some human offering (for host purpose).
                        The planet was simply a "host farm". I could totally see the Goa'uld giving a ring like that to them, as long as the human in charge was in league with Sokar, which the "Canon" was.
                        Look at it this way: The Canon was in charge of the peasants. If they tried to rebel against him, he'd strike them down and claim it was Gods will. Then they'd be tried as witches and given to the demons next time they came looking for more hosts.

So why would the Goa'uld left Earth alone and only take a few people off the planet during the Dark ages?
                        Earth wasn't very important to Ra once he had transplanted enough humans offworld to use as slaves and hosts. That's why he never returned after the rebellion.
                        Sokar was outcasted and thought dead by the System Lords, which is why he came to Earth; had he attacked another Goa'ulds host farm, they'd know he was still around. He was trying to be sneaky so he could build an army in secret and then strike back at them, which is what the episodes Jolinar's Memories pt. 1 & 2 were about.

Comment

Did the Ancient sent "Christian" off Earth ?

In S2 episode "Demons" , Sg1 find a Christian world, the people were living in the same condidion as the Dark ages.

Daniel was surprise because those people were transported off Earth about 1000 yr ago.Probaby by the Antractic gate.

We never find out ,how those people got off Earth during that period of time.
                          The middle age and Dark ages were not exactly a nice place on Earth.
                          The Black Death, the Religious conflict, and lack of progress in the Science area, like Daniel said for 800 yr , the level of technologies were stay the same.
                          The Tollan probaby pass Earth during that time.

The spoiler said
                          Some Ancient were in king Arthur's court , that is about the same period of time those people were transported off Earth.

Are we going to find out more about the Christian people of episode"Demons"
                          And that rings that create lighting, Jack took that ring from that guy.
                          Was that ring an Ancient technologies?
                          Hmm...interesting thoughts, but you really have to learn to sidestep these kinds of plotholes. (For the sake of your own sanity).Very rarely do they ever amount to anything.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                          X