This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning the Jack & Sam Wedding

I personally have been forever opposed to Sam & Jack getting together. I was my thought that doing so would be jumping the shark. However, now that RDA is leaving and Sam & Jack are basically together (as implied by the Season Finale), I was thinking that now was the time to start planning their wedding.

So here's what I've come up with so far...

Officiant: Thor

Bride: Samantha Carter
    Maid of Honor:
    Bridesmaid #1:
    Bridesmaid #2:
    Bridesmaid #3:
    Bridesmaid #4:
    Flower Girl:

Groom: Jack O'Neill
    Best Man: Skaara (Temporarily descended)
    Groomsman #1:
    Groomsman #2:
    Groomsman #3:
    Groomsman #4:
    Ringbearer:

Usher #1:
    Usher #2:

As you can see, we've got a ways to go and we still need a location for the wedding, reception and honeymoon? Ideas Please.
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Daniel as Maid of Honour.

OK. More seriously, Teal'c and Bra'tac as Ushers. Perhaps they could herd the guests with their staff weapons? And you'd totally have to have Thor. Actually, Thor should be best man over Skaara

Edit: Oh, you have Thor as officiant! Whoops! Personally, I'd have Hammond in that role

Comment

Maid of Honor: Cassie (especially since Janet is gone)

And I'd think Teal'c would be best man. He's been Jack's best friend for YEARS now. But if not Best Man, then one of the Groomsmen, for sure. WAY too close to Jack and Sam to be anything less.

For ushers, I'd think Walter and Sgt. Siler.

Since Jacob is dead, and Sam has known Hammond for so long, I'd think she'd want him to give her away and ask her brother Mark to be one of the Groomsmen (it's pretty traditional for the bride's brother to be a groomsman anyway).

(BTW, when I first started watching... out of order, of course... I didn't see the ship at all, but became a total Sam/Jack shipper once I saw the first seven seasons in order. )

Comment

Can Steve and the gang come to the wedding?

Comment

I think I started one of these when we thought Carter was going to marry Pete the Stalker...Anyway:

Best man = Thor
          Maid of Honor = Heimdal
          Ring Bearer = Young Jack (clone)
          Flower Girl = Cassandra

Looks like Hammond will have to give the bride away.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Or should we make Thor the Ringbearer? or since he's asexual the FlowerGirl? Both?

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
            Daniel as Maid of Honour.

OK. More seriously, Teal'c and Bra'tac as Ushers. Perhaps they could herd the guests with their staff weapons? And you'd totally have to have Thor. Actually, Thor should be best man over Skaara

Edit: Oh, you have Thor as officiant! Whoops! Personally, I'd have Hammond in that role
            "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              Can Steve and the gang come to the wedding?
              Steve and The Gang will be the band playing at the Reception.

Comment

^ lol i needed a laugh!!!

Comment

Oh - Oma Poppins will be the Wedding Coordinator (and I hear that she has a thing for incorporating mushrooms and mushroom designs into the decorations).

Comment

Originally posted by chyron
                    Or should we make Thor the Ringbearer? or since he's asexual the FlowerGirl? Both?
                    Nah, best man... that way the Sam/Thor shippers can fantasize about the bride running off with the best man

Comment

I think they should invite Pete just to really piss him off lol

please note that S.G.C does not like Pete and is glad he is gone

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
                        Nah, best man... that way the Sam/Thor shippers can fantasize about the bride running off with the best man
                        I think if they ask if anyone has an objection to why these two should be married, Thor would say something.

Then again, Thor would just beam Samatha to his ship and go on. He's a being of few words.

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                          I think if they ask if anyone has an objection to why these two should be married, Thor would say something.

Then again, Thor would just beam Samatha to his ship and go on. He's a being of few words.
                          Oma Poppins/Officiant: Now. If there is anyone here, Ascended or not, who believes that for any reason this man and this woman should not be be joined in matrimony, please speak now...
                          Thor: Major Carter...I have always had the hots for you. If I were not asexual at the moment, I would take you away from this place and make mad, passionate love in the old ways that my people did before we turned to asexual reproduction.
                          Daniel: Did I say that out loud?*

*Michael Shanks provides the voice for Thor in the series.

Comment

^funny

Comment

Funny, but a little sickening for me.

I say that we bring Jacob back. We brought Skaara back so why not Jacob/Selmak? At least, if the wedding isn't interrupted by Thor's wild fantasies.

step through the gate of sam/jack shippiness!!!
                              my rantings and ravings

Share the love!

Comment

Working...
                              X