This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Lost City Continuity Error

Okay, maybe this was discussed in the Lost City episode thread but... *shrug*

Anyways, my cousins came over last night and one of them popped in the DVD and put on The Lost City.

I was half paying attention but I caught the part where Daniel was talking with Weir in the breifing room.

He said that when he was trying to figure out how to make the stargate work he would stand there for hours just staring at it, when in fact, in the movie, Daniel didn't even know the stargate existed until after he figured out the point of origin.

So it was probably pointed out before but... I just noticed it lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Just remember they changed alot for the show, so in the movie universe he didn't but in the show universe he probably did
    My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

I caught this too. I can't believe they made a blunder this big. I tried to fanwank it, but the best/most believable reason is the one deathbed1983 posted.
      MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, I know...

But... but... Come on!

Comment

Heh, that is a big nitpick. Too bad it can be explained logically...
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
          LANDRY
          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Magnets. Big honkin' space magnets are responsible for the inconsistency in question.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              Magnets. Big honkin' space magnets are responsible for the inconsistency in question.
              Leave it to TechnoWraith to come in and fix all my problems and answer all my questions

Comment

Magnets. I guess that explains our PoO mystery. Magnets...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12987
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Daniel lied.

Comment

holy crap!!! That wasn't Daniel! It has to be some kind of alien spy! And he's been infiltrating us for over a year now....how do warn the SGC?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Raven
                      holy crap!!! That wasn't Daniel! It has to be some kind of alien spy! And he's been infiltrating us for over a year now....how do warn the SGC?!!!
                      Hmm...that almost makes sense, but I don't think TPTB would twist the plot that much for the sake of a continuity error.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Here's my reasoning. Since SG-1 Traveled back to the year 1969...certain things have been altered. Daniel went to go visit Catherine Langford in disguise...but may have altered things just enough that he got to see the gate to make it work.

That and of course...Magnets
                        ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

Maybe it isn't a reference to the Movie but to when they discovered the Abydos Cartouche and Daniel stared at the Gate waiting for New Address to come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                            Daniel lied.
                            I agree with Qtyled. Daniel was trying to point out to Weir that he's been there much longer, and in the process, tried to fluff up his story a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Noo ani Anqueetus
                              Here's my reasoning. Since SG-1 Traveled back to the year 1969...certain things have been altered. Daniel went to go visit Catherine Langford in disguise...but may have altered things just enough that he got to see the gate to make it work.

That and of course...Magnets
                              True. That would kind of make sense.

Just like at the end of Season 8
                              Spoiler:
                              Jack's pond now has fish in it after they went through time and screwed everything up, and then fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X