This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa
    finally saw the spoiler pics of *becoming wraithed* Shep!
    Ohhhhhhh!! That's awful! TPTB can't let this become *permanent*...! it'll mess up his ancient gene ability ~ won't it?

...just imagine it...
    There goes the equipment. Ooops! ain't working...!
    I thought reading the Gateworld's article spoilers about the HIVE-

Spoiler:
    with Shep trapped and hauled off
    was bad enough. But "Conversion" seems worse in a way. They're messing with his face! Oh, this is *very* BAD NEWS...

And based on the pics, I'd also say Teyla was confronting John and might do so with her wraith abilities, more than having a *pleasant* discussion session with him.
    I can't imagine it would be permanent, but it would be a good arc for a few episodes, rather than a one-shot...

I'm not sure about the Shep / Teyla scene...it sort of seems to me like there is something going on whereby Shep might not know exactly who he was before. It seemed to me that, as well as confronting him, she was appealing to his humanity in some way...

As for that pic, Carson's expression in the background is priceless...

PS SGalisa, maybe you should go back to 'The Defiant One' topic in S1 forum and spoiler tag the references you made in your reply to this episode...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      I can't imagine it would be permanent, but it would be a good arc for a few episodes, rather than a one-shot.

PS SGalisa, maybe you should go back to 'The Defiant One' topic in S1 forum and spoiler tag the references you made in your reply to this episode...
      spoiler tags done... just in case.
      Actually, it was more of a general, overall statement than referring to that particular ep, because it seems many of the talking wraith types want Sheppard as food in nearly every episode they're in, once they catch up to him. Eating and wraithing are probably two different terms (are there different *levels* of wraithing, and not just in the species sense?)...

...as for the wraithing Shep arc bit: I'm all for it, as long as Sheppard and his ancient gene are somehow restored... I don't mind it on a temporary basis... and also for recurring times during some freak moments - but basically once in a while... just for the angst...

Of course, we viewers should all realize with all of these anxiety emotions that TPTB will do this sort of thing as often as possible, because they know (by our reactions) that they've hit an anxiety nerve. They just need to hopefully not overdue it... "balance" is probably the key word... eek! hope I'm explaining this correctly.
      Last edited by SGalisa; 20 June 2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
        Of course, we viewers should all realize with all of these anxiety emotions that TPTB will do this sort of thing as often as possible, because they know (by our reactions) that they've hit an anxiety nerve. They just need to hopefully not overdue it... "balance" is probably the key word... eek! hope I'm explaining this correctly.
        I'm sure TPTB are already drooling over the ratings they know "Conversion" will bring in.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'm hoping that in a spoiler thread, I don't have to post spoilers in a certain way since I'm not entirely certain how to do the highlighting bit. I think that Conversion is the episode where we see the beginnings of the Teyla/Shep "flirtation" as it was worded in tv guide before the season started. It was mentioned that there was this big fight scene followed by an amazing kiss or words to that effect. I would bet my pocket change that the kiss spoiler pertains to this episode and the fight scene we've seen the pic of. Nothing is certain of course and not my fav idea personally as I still can't see a bit of that sort of chemistry between those two characters, but they seem determined to go with it.

I never thought the "kiss" would be the Ronan fight scene even before Duet aired as a pic of that was shown in the same article and it seemed they wanted to be mysterious on who she kissed. Not really a mystery if the characters are shown fighting in a pic on the same page you mention the words fight and kiss.

Comment

Working...
          X