This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM appreciation thread

Im new at appreciaton threads but i thought these wonderous devices deserved one:

ZPM's arent they the best, i mean so simple so small, but capable of so much.
    They destroyed anubis, enable us to go to atlantis, saved atlantis from the ocean for 10000 years.
    Every time is see a ZPM lately, (i bin rewatching SGA episodes i recorded), i just keep getting this warn comfortated feeling saying' it ok now they have it sorted' and then they lose it.
    Because of the feeling im creating this, The ZPM apprieciation thread, becuase everything else has them except the only thing that even matters now.

Immhotep.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

If i have a ZPM, there would be no more electric bills!

Comment

for the entire planet!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

Here's to the ZPM! Where would we be without you? (oh, yeah... Season Six.)
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Now come on, let's really give teh ZPM its due. I mean it only takes three of them to power atlantis. For like a hundred centuries. That's pretty good. And like, one little ZPM can send off all the little flying yellow squid lookin things that ripped Anubis a new one when he decided to attack the Earth. We told him to check himself before he wrecked himself, but no, he got cocky. So we had to put him in his place. Yeah. That's a really cool battery right there. I wish Radio Shack carried them.
          "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Ahem. <points to the avatar and sig>
            sigpic

Comment

The ZPM: The absolute bestest, most powerful, Battery in the Universe.

Comment

Here! Here! to the ZPM.

Comment

ZPMs deserve all the credit, they work endlessly for thousands of years without complaining. None of the asgard or goa'uld power supplies could do that.

The absolute bestest, most powerful, Battery in the Universe.
                  Technically in zero point energy the local area of the universe is the source of power. So its a really more like a plug into the an untapped power supply than a battery.
                  Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
                    ZPMs deserve all the credit, they work endlessly for thousands of years without complaining. None of the asgard or goa'uld power supplies could do that.

Technically in zero point energy the local area of the universe is the source of power. So its a really more like a plug into the an untapped power supply than a battery.
                    In that case why do they run out?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

ZPM, the best thing since Krispy Kreme donuts, and milk, here's to ya.

Comment

ZPMs are truly cool. If only they could learn how to make more!

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
                          In that case why do they run out?
                          Well the particles and antiparitcles that are constantly annialating eachother and thus causing realese of energy sometimes tunnel out of the pocket of space, the other one (if one tunnels out) just stays there and eventually enough will be 'produced' to clog up the ZPM. So to make em work again you just need to insert the right amount of matter (or antimatter) to destroy the clog.

Comment

i think my heart would stop if there was a room full of them, i can handle more than 1 ZPM at a time, in before i sleep, 3 nearly killed me!
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ~Thor~
                              Well the particles and antiparitcles that are constantly annialating eachother and thus causing realese of energy sometimes tunnel out of the pocket of space, the other one (if one tunnels out) just stays there and eventually enough will be 'produced' to clog up the ZPM. So to make em work again you just need to insert the right amount of matter (or antimatter) to destroy the clog.
                              and why havent we done done this will the zillion of broken ones?
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X