This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the meaning of life thread!

Okay, nothing overly complicated. We all know the answer is 42, but we're unsure as to the question.

Sooooooo, what do you think. Let's come up with some questions where the answer is 42 and see if we don't change the universe.

"There is a theory which states that if the question and the answer are ever known at the same time that the universe will dissapear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable. There is another theory which states this has already happened."~Douglas Adams
    "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Here's one.

6X9=42.
    In base 13...
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by teddybearnospaces
      Okay, nothing overly complicated. We all know the answer is 42
      Actually, it's Magnets. big honkin' space magnets.

Comment

how many hershey bars are too many hershey bars?

could be . . .
        "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

Comment

40 + 2 = 42!

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

It takes 42 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Ooh, I'm really scraping the barrel with this one...

Do your farts have to consist of 42% methane before you can light them?

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                Ooh, I'm really scraping the barrel with this one...

Do your farts have to consist of 42% methane before you can light them?
                grosssssss

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                It takes 42 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop
                That's a good one, hadn't thought of that.

What is the maximum number of Starbucks a metro area can hold before reaching the coffee event horizon?

Comment

How much chuck would a woodchuck chuck...
                  And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                  Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                  Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                  Daniel: Oh! You see?
                  Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

This is probably irrelevant to this thread, but it's talking about numbers and universes collapsing. so I've got something for you: infinity is nearly equal to zero! Sounds impossible, but I've proved it!
                    Here's a question: What is everything minus everything else except the number 42?

Arik tree-ac te kek. Dal Shakka Mel!

Comment

That makes no sense, and it doesn't prove anything. Besides, infinity is very much..

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                      The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by Sinubis
                        This is probably irrelevant to this thread, but it's talking about numbers and universes collapsing. so I've got something for you: infinity is nearly equal to zero! Sounds impossible, but I've proved it!
                        Here's a question: What is everything minus everything else except the number 42?
                        The number 42
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

infinity is very much....which is why no-one believes me! I didn't think it was right, but I've been over my proof several times and I assure you, with a couple (only minor) assumptions, you can understand it!

Arik tree-ac te kek. Dal Shakka Mel!

Comment

What if I have $3.98 and the triple jack cheese sandwitch is $3.99!?

Comment

That has absolutely nothing to do with 42..

@Sinubis: I still don't understand your "theory"..

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                              The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Working...
                              X