No announcement yet.

One False Step (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel: I've had more successful conversations with dogs.

LOL

Comment

lol thats true
      sigpic

Comment

I really wish we could have seen some more character development with these aliens in future episodes. They were very promising allies.

Comment

So rewatching this one recently I was a bit wary. Since first watching it ~5 years back I've come to see threads like this where it's clear this is one of fandom's least favorite episodes. However... for being a not particularly brilliant episode, I still quite enjoyed it. Enough of the old Stargate conversational humor to brighten things up.

A couple oddities I don't think I've seen mentioned here:

*So the problem is due to the change in sound from the plant getting injured. Does this never happen naturally on the planet? Maybe they don't ever have bad weather, other natural disasters, accidents, or crazy people there? Seems like it would be pretty easy for this situation to happen, which would either mean these people shouldn't survive very well, or they'd know how to fix the situation better.

*This is a pretty minor thing as far as viewing on TV goes, but at one point it's decided Jack and Teal'c will stay behind while the others return to Earth. They still walk with the others to the gate, though. Considering the place hasn't seemed dangerous, and that they've established it's a 10 mile trip from the gate to the village, that seems a real waste of their time and energy walking 20 miles to stay.

Originally posted by schlemmbot
          I really wish we could have seen some more character development with these aliens in future episodes. They were very promising allies.
          I don't know how much ally potential they had, but I could sure go for a scene with a Prior trying to convert them to Origin as they stare blankly at him.

Comment

The aliens in this one are so bizarre... and I love it!

Comment

I get the message of this ep but it was kinda boring anyway. One of the most boring ones in the whole show, imho.
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by pritnep View Post
                the concept was an interesting one. Especially about the fact that every time we step through the gate, we have the possibility to introduce new and deadly diseases (to them at least) into the population and vice versa.
                very true.

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                Daniel racing around the hut pretending to be an airplane with white paint on his face was rather humorous.
                That was funny
                sigpic

Comment

This is my least favorite of all SG1 episodes. Bald, white, naked aliens are just annoying. I've had more enjoyable conversations with dogs. And they should never put AT in that awful surgical gown again. She looked like gumby.

Comment

Interesting episode in that the people were really aliens, rather than transplanted humans. But I've seen lots better...
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok. I admit, didn't really love it the first time. However, upon second..third..ect viewings... I have joined what may be the small corner of fandom that does like this episode (quite a bit actually). It is not an episode that is Huge or Important in some ways, and while I love the huge arc driven plotlines and recurring characters and situations, i do so love some of these early shows in particular where the team was simply exploring. It is a simple episode, yes. But it has some great moments, as many have mentioned before. I love the teamy-ness of it overall and I love Janet getting a good sized role and working with Sam.

Of course, I love all the great Jack and Daniel moments. I wish that they had done more stuff like this throughout the series...moments when you see them as friends despite their extreme clashes and differences of opinions. I just laugh out loud when they both finally come to the conclusion they are really not feeling right and Daniel surmises they are catching whatever the aliens have...and the little head alien guy keels over backward right next to them! Love it!

And I always figured that they aren't naked...That is their own native little outfit they wear because their planet is cold. ; ) So even aliens have to have a way into their body suits...even if they can't talk, they can use a zipper! Anyway, that's my little viewpoint on the topic! ; )

Ok...now I'm going to push play and finish the episode!

besides...when did they ever find such a friendly, smiling alien race? ; ) should've gone back...they might have been secretly technologically advanced (Nox, anyone???) Besides...maybe they're the Furlings. : )
                      Last edited by Noxbait; 28 August 2010, 04:17 PM.
                      Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I think its high time these aliens make an apperance on Destiny.

Comment

I secretly like this ep.

The aliens are so great. They always put a smile on my face
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                            I secretly like this ep.

The aliens are so great. They always put a smile on my face
                            Green for you! I'm glad someone else gets a smile from the dear little aliens. yeah, it's not a groundbreaking episode...but it has some good moments.
                            Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Alien's I can't really like, but can't dislike either. I only wished they didn't look and act so much like mimes, mimes irritate me!!

At least there was an alien plant, alien plants didn't really appear much throughout Stargate, not many episodes that had alien plants causing problems. Off the top of my head I can only think of 4, this one, 'Zero Hour', 'The Seed' and 'Cloverdale'. I guess it's because you can only do so much with plants!

An episode that did at least deal with the question of what unintentional impact SG-1 and other teams could have on life on other planets.

Comment

At first, I was going to skip this episode; all I could remember were the silly parts , and I don't like silly. I'm glad I watched through. I didn't get this one the first time--how "One False Step" can have such large negative repressions.

Daniel's "airplane dance" was goofy, although it does show how far Daniel will go to communicate. I liked the Jack/Daniel "spats"; you get a look at some of their negative thoughts about each other.

Daniel's "temper tantrum", however, doesn't fit the character of Daniel. Not here or in "There But For the Grace of God". He's not a two-year-old!

Comment

Working...
                                X