No announcement yet.

Stargate In Six Flags??? Wow....I'm exited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as far as I know it is still there, but the Spacepark Bremen is closed because of to less investors. So they run out of money.
    The Park should become a big attraction with a Stargate ride, a Star Trek Borg Invasion 4-D ride and many more attractions. There was also an exhebition about the history of space flight (Bremen is an important city in production of ESA space satellites and space technology) .
    The concept did not work. Maybe because Bremen is in the north of Germany. Such an attraction in the "Ruhrgebiet" or "Nordrhein Westfalen" would have worked much better, because it´s much closer to the Netherlands, Belgium and Nordrhein Westfalen has a lot of Airports (Cologne-Bonn, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Muenster, Paderborn-Lippstadt) for Fans from France, Italy, UK...

I cannot remember the story of the ride, because my visit was in 2003. All I can say is that it had nothing to do with SG-1. The ride started in a SGC room and ended in a very cheap looking simulator where you saw a simulation movie about a fight with an Goa´uld.
    We made a decision and say: maybe.

Tragic: 4 of 3 Germans cannot count correctly.

Comment

Sound like a total flop then.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Stargate - Emediawire: Converting Stargate SG-3000 Thrill Ride Visuals to 3-D:

At Emediawire (press release):

(Please follow the link for the complete press release.)

PassmoreLab Converting MGM's Stargate SG-3000 Thrill Ride Visuals to 3-D

April 30, 2009

Updated simulator visuals will bring riders even further into the Stargate experience.

San Diego (PRWEB) April 30, 2009 -- PassmoreLab is collaborating with MGM Location Based Entertainment to convert MGM's Stargate SG-3000 simulator ride film from 2-D to 3-D. Stargate SG-3000 is a four-minute simulation experience based on MGM's long running Stargate SG-1 television series.

... "Stargate SG-3000's conversion to 3-D will make riders feel even more like they're really experiencing the sensation of going through a Stargate," said PassmoreLab President Greg Passmore. "The new and improved simulation film will add depth to the attraction and will be a hit with existing Stargate fans as well as those unfamiliar with the television series."

"We are pleased to be working with PassmoreLab to enhance the overall Stargate SG-3000 experience," said George Wade, Senior Vice President, MGM Location Based Entertainment. "With the upcoming premier of SGU: Stargate Universe on the Sci-Fi Channel later this year we felt there was no better opportunity to truly take guests on this enhanced journey through the Stargate and no one better to bring this to reality than the team at PassmoreLab."

Stargate SG-3000 has been featured at Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo, California and Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom in Louisville, as well as Lotte World in Seoul Korea since 2004. The ride debuted at the Space Center Bremen in Germany in December 2003 to rave reviews...

~~**~~**

Just for info, the Stargate SG-3000 isn't listed at the Six Flags site.
        Last edited by morjana; 30 April 2009, 12:27 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2...web2370204.htm

-----------------------------------

For folks who open this site at WORK, please note it comes with SOUND - loud sound - so turn down speakers unless you want to explain to boss why you're not working!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2...web2370204.htm

-----------------------------------

For folks who open this site at WORK, please note it comes with SOUND - loud sound - so turn down speakers unless you want to explain to boss why you're not working!
            find this out the hard way

Comment

Sweet!
              sigpic

Comment

Ohh, now that sounds fun. And talk about free advertising for the franchise for the studio! Could bring in countless new viewers.

And I live close enough to Six Flags to go!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Here is the SG:3000 trailer:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkqFHOifJXQ
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                  X