Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Trek: The New Voyages

How many of you want to see more episodes of the original Star Trek? How many people want to see the series end properly, after its' planned, five seasons? I know I do, and now, you can.

That is right, new episodes of The Original Series are being made! Unfortunatly, it does not feature the original cast. A team of people, along with Cow Creek Films, are filming and producing new episodes, thier mission is to continue, the Five Year Mission.

They currently have two episodes filmed with two on the way!

The Season Four premier, "Come What May," and the second episode, "In Harm's Way."

They have two more episodes planned for a 2006 release, An episode titled, "What Lies Beneath," which will be episode 4:04. The episode preceeding it, 4:03, will be titled, "To Serve All My Days." This episode will be guest starring Walter Koenig! He will apparently be comming back as "Checkov, with a twist." Guest stars for episode 4:04, ar yet to be announced.

The best part is, you don't have to pay to see these episodes, you don't even need a T.V. Every one of these episodes are a available for download, for free, on thier website, http://5yearmission.com/ They are a non-profit organization and are simply doing this to continue the series that was ended so unjustly.

I thought that these people deserved a mention, they are putting in thier time and effort acting, writing, producing, directing, editing, and uploading, these episodes, what do they gain in return, as far as I can tell, nothing.
    The episode carefully uses knowledge from the "future," in the story line. As well, they do not, leave the original Star Trek, alone, they continue on the saga, using concepts and ideas from past episodes, for example, who remembers Planet Gateway? It is incorporated into "In Harm's Way."

Allthough the episodes are not high budget, top of the line, Hollywood productions, I know that I eagerly look forward to the next two episodes, as well as the rest of the series!

It looks like the ship has set sail again, Live Long, and Prosper.

Owen Macri

Re: Star Trek: The New Voyages

I read about these guys in the UK edition of the Official Star Trek Magazine. There were photos an' everything...

All I can say is - more power to ya, guys...

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Default Re: Star Trek: The New Voyages

Yes, they were in a magazine here in Canada as well.

I can't wait for the next two episodes.

Owen Macri

Oh, come one, please don't let this thread die, it is a tribute to a great group of people with a dream that they have actaully made reality. Come on, discuss the episodes and stuff like that, but don't let this thread die.

Owen Macri

Second Lieutenant GeneralJackO'Neill's Avatar

The British remake of the original series? That's gotta be good. Right?

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
    Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
    "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
    My deviantART profile

I've seen New Voyages. It's really good (and it isn't a British remake, it's a fanfilm). The first two eps (already released) are fantastic and they have two episodes due to be released: one written by two former DS9 writers and another written by TOS and TNG writer D.C. Fontana and guest-starring Walter Koening.

I'm having a little trouble downloading anything but the Spanish version. I'm going to try the 2nd episode. I watched the trailer, which is the opening credits. It's a hoot.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

What specifically is the problem? I might be able to help.

Owen Macri

Ah. I get it. I still heard a rumor about a British remake.

My deviantART profile

Maybe there are plans for one, I haven't heard of anything though.

Owen Macri

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macri
    Maybe there are plans for one, I haven't heard of anything though.

Owen Macri
    Owen. I downloaded the 2nd episode. It is so much fun. Very retro. Review to come later.

I watched most of "In Harms Way". This is so much fun, you won't believe it.

It references the Gateway planet and the planet killer machines. Some of the actors are a little amateurish, but some are very good. There are surprise guest stars (If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise. ) . The sets, music and sound effects are perfect. The costumes are very close. The special effects are similar to the original "Star Trek".

I'm saving the ending for tomorrow. I can't wait.

Has anyone downloaded to a DVD? I have a burner but I've never tried it with DVDs. I want to go buy some blank ones to record all the episodes.

OK. All, right. The jig is up. I'm a Trekker from waaaay back, and I'm in "Star Trek" heaven. Does David know about this?

Re: Star Trek: The New Voyages

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
    Ah. I get it. I still heard a rumor about a British remake.
    There was a piece in SFX magazine here in the UK that two guys are trying to get a new Sci-Fi sitcom off the ground. This might be what you're thinking of.

The tone would be Red Dwarf meets the Royal Navy - but I don't remember what the proposed series was to be called.

Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by BruTak
    There was a piece in SFX magazine here in the UK that two guys are trying to get a new Sci-Fi sitcom off the ground. This might be what you're thinking of.

The tone would be Red Dwarf meets the Royal Navy - but I don't remember what the proposed series was to be called.
    Yes..that's the one. I think i read it on startrek.com. I think.

My deviantART profile

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Macri
    Thank you for keeping this thread alive.

What specifically is the problem? I might be able to help.

Owen Macri
    I was able to download the 2nd episode with no problem. I'm having trouble downloading the 1st episode, "Come What May".

Mirror 1 - Spanish (may be site error)
    Mirror 2 - Page not available
    Mirror 3 - Viewing, not downloading
    Mirror 4 - Spanish

I have burnt the episodes to DVD, I have even added in a cool menu that I made all by myself. I even put an sdvertisment for SG-1 on it, lol, that is me.

Give me a minute Hatusu, I will check out the site.

Owen Macri

Yeah, I see your problem Hats. If you want, PM me your e-mail addy and I'll e-mail you the episode. (Nice and zipped, of course )

I'm on the phone right now. Will do. Thanks, Rocky.

Sorry, it seems as though I am stumped. lol.

I appoligize to everyone, anyone who wants the episode but cannot download it please PM me (prefferably)I will send you the episodes by whatever method you prefer. I have the video files, and the original Zip files, which are considerably smaller it would be easier to send those, but I am willing to do whatever you prefer. If anyone is looking to burn the episodes to DVD, I created a menu for the episodes as well, I can send you the DVD file and you can use it to burn straight to DVD.

If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the shows producers at [email protected] they should help you, they helped me find a working mirror, when I downloaded them.

However it would be much easier and faster if I sent you the files, I would be willing to do so, all you need to do is ask, there are three options of file types that you can get. As I have said before, the Zip files, which is best for transfering, the video files, I would not recomend this because the Zip files can be unziped easily and boom, you have video files. Then there is the DVD file, it is quite large, around 3.94 GB, however any DVD file will be approximatley this size and this one comes with menus and an SG-1 preview at the begining, I would recomend this if you are planing to burn the episodes to DVD, you do not need to spend time making menus.

Just a note, if you are planning to burn the episodes to DVD you have to have software that will copy a DVD folder straight onto a disc, most will do this, Nero is one that I know of that will. Also if you have DVD playing software on your computer as well as a DVD reader of somesort, a DVD folder can be played on your computer.

If anyone has any questions or problems, please e-mail or PM me with the details and I will help you with it.

Owen Macri
    Last edited by _Owen_; April 14th, 2008 at 12:55 PM.

Owen, I'll get back to you on copying to DVDs as soon as I buy some. My computer can do that. I think I have the software, but I'm not sure. I'll have to read up on it in my manual.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast