This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith with a Sarcophagus

I don't know if this has been talked about but imagine if the wraith had a sarcophagus humans could become rechargeable they don't need our minds intact just are body's.

And with them all waking up they could be useful to them in this season.

I don't think the Wraith would like a "sitting duck" meal. They're use to hunting and herding their "flocks". But yeah it could be done.
    302's lead the way!

Comment

It could be thier backup when they become desperate.

Comment

I think the Sarcophagus would probably even make humans tastier for them. It turned Daniel into maniac right. It's certainly going to be better than just growing clones with no heads.

Comment

When the Wraith suck the life out of people they visibly age... can the Sarcophagus repair that sort of damage? Why wasn't Daniel or Jack turned into 21 year olds when they used it? (although Apophis clearly did go back to his younger state after Serpants Song) ah plot holes to confuse us
          Ses
          James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

They didn't actually age kind of. They had less and less life force which had the same effect on them as aging. This was removed artificially perhaps the sarcophagus knows how old you should be and returns you to that. Remember how old apophis' host became after his goa'uld died? The sarcophagus is based on ancient tech that we found to help us kill anubis' super-soldiers. Perhaps that thing is a giver of life force in which case humans would not be required by the wraith. That said, it seems they enjoy hunting us rather than just having to feed. It was interesting how it turned those colombians all crazy and demented, they looked kinda like the wraith too, perhaps a connection? But the fact that ancient tech led to the goa'uld building the sarcophagus means it is interesting the lack of medical facilities with ancient tech we have seen or just not used yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
              it seems they enjoy hunting us rather than just having to feed.
              that's what i think. although, they had a bunch of humans in those weird cocoons, just in case. so they might be ok with it.
              Save us from danger, save us from evil
              Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Originally posted by twiggy
                that's what i think. although, they had a bunch of humans in those weird cocoons, just in case. so they might be ok with it.
                yeah, but they were hunted and caught then cocooned. sort of trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                  yeah, but they were hunted and caught then cocooned. sort of trophies.
                  From the SciFi channel Annals of the Curator

"Still, I remained sorry to hear that a cocooned human was lost in the incident. If the creature had survived this long, he must have been exceptionally strong indeed — and only the best morsels are generally cocooned at all. The Wraith who was saving him for a special meal will be sorry to hear the news of the loss.

"Thus reminded that it is better to enjoy one's possessions than horde them indefinitely, I delved into my own store of cocooned humans. I selected a nicely-aged female beast, a mother, whose fierce protection of her many children had provoked me to save her specially.

Sounds like a trophy to me
                  302's lead the way!

Comment

well with the ancient healing device would get a human to kill some and when finaly caught theyd be a very nice treat.

But it does seem inhumane though being regenerated just to die and be reborn to die a painful death for eternity

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
                      But it does seem inhumane though being regenerated just to die and be reborn to die a painful death for eternity
                      Speaking of painfull eternal deaths.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s5/508.shtml

Marduk had a similar thing done to him in SG-1 episode "The Tomb"
                      302's lead the way!

Comment

I just don't see it happening... I'm sure the wraith enjoy the hunt...

Comment

Agreed, they'd probably just go into hibernation before doing that.
                          302's lead the way!

Comment

I wonder if we gave the Wraith Sarcophagus technology if we could set up some sort of catch and release program with them in exchange for it.

A Wraith would still be allowed to catch humans and eat them but after doing so he's required by law to put them into the Sarcophagus and release them or else he faces serious fines and the potential revocation of his catching liscence.

Comment

But the fact that ancient tech led to the goa'uld building the sarcophagus means it is interesting the lack of medical facilities with ancient tech we have seen or just not used yet
                              Regarding the apparent lack of Ancient healing tech, when you can heal with a touch who needs a hospital

Seriously the ancients can heal people by sharing their lifeforce with them, which is an interesting conection to the Wraith who take lifeforce with a touch.

Anyway the sarcoughogus changes people, damages them. If it doesn't effect the "taste" then theres still the fact that the wraith prefer their food "free range". Plus the whole wraith feeding = aging while the sarcoughagus only slows aging(and treats the symptons) doesn't reverse it
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X