• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serpent's Song (218)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 218

Apophis, SG-1's greatest enemy, seeks sanctuary from a rival Goa'uld and ends up near death in the S.G.C. infirmary -- completely at the mercies of his human foe.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:43 PM.

Teal'c's confrontation with the weakened Apophis was great. Apophis's death! Yay.. Almost really thought he was gone this time. To bad those Tok'ra had to be around for it. Oh well, they didn't really seem to help much anyhow.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

If it wasn't for The Fifth Race, this might possibly be my favorite of the season. (Although, it has some stiff competition in a lot of episodes). This episode just shows why Apophis was (imo) the best gou'ald of them all. It wasn't just the writers telling us, "ooh, he's big and bad and scary. Yes, you are supposed to be scared of him. Yes, we're telling you that he's just soooo powerful." No, they showed him really getting under SG1's skin. We know Jack hates the gou'ald, but to see him tell Apophis to go to hell, in that cold voice (no flippantness, not even contempt, which would have been lighter, just a matter of fact statement) was just powerful. Also, when he told Janet to let him know when Apophis died. And, Daniel's reactions, ranging from cold (had we seen him that cold before except the one where he shot the baby goa'ulds? And, even that scene didn't have the same impact.) to caring as he started seeing the host. And, Teal'c, saying to let Apophis suffer. I'd say Sam was the only one who didn't have an individual interest in his demise. And, she did remember, before any of the others, that the host was innocent.

And, wow, what a great episode for Janet! I thought TR was fantastic. She had a lot of great facial expressions. The shocked look she gave Jack when he asked her to let him know when Apophis died. The look she gave Teal'c when he said to let him suffer. (And, the small woman could just quietly tell him to move, and he listened) And, the look when they sent Apophis through the gate to Sokar. It just said that what they were doing went against everything she believed in as a doctor.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I liked seeing the thousands-of-years-old host coming through and the look on his face when he cried for help and saw all of the computers and machinery. Im not sure how to spell it, but Im talking about when he cried out "Semiwe! Semiwe!" That is the word for 'help me!', but im certain its not spelled right
        Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
        O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

I hate when they die but they don't die.

Comment

I thought the sarcophagus couldn't bring people back from the dead.

Comment

Excellent ep.
              Good one for Daniel, allowing him to use his language skills to comfort the host, real shame it was all to naught.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                It can. At least it did in Stargate (first Jackson and later Sha'uri).
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Oh yeah... now I remember... thanks.

Comment

Yeah, now that I think about it they've shown it a few times in the series and talked about it some. Lantash (or was that Martouf?) said something about it before they sent the body to Sokar.

Comment

I really liked this one as well. Although I kept thinking, why couldn't Apophis' body have a little accident on it's way to meet Sokar? "Oops! His head came off, darn."

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

The more I think about this episode, the more I am struck by the true horror of the hosts life. He finally regains control, and all he wants to do is end his torment. I felt really sorry for him.
                        sigpic

Comment

The shot of Jack firing at the death glider as he backs into the gate, travelling backward through the wormhole and stepping back into the base just before the iris closes has got to be one of the coolest SFX sequences the series has ever done.
                          END OF LINE

Comment

I think that was the first time they did that (the only other time I remember them doing that was in "2001", but it wasn't nearly as cool).

Anyway, I just re-watched this episode tonight, and I still like it. Although, I have to ask, how come none of the other Goa'ulds came up with that thing Sokar used to penetrate the Iris?

Another question, who do you think has the more personal hatred for Apophis? Teal'c, for his years of service doing so many hateful and distasteful things in service to him, or Daniel, for taking his wife, making her a host, and violating her and fathering a child?
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                              yes it can bring you back from the dead great episode !!
                              your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Working...
                              X