Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GateWorld INTERVIEW: David Nykl (Zelenka)

VIDEO INTERVIEW:
    CHRONICLES OF RADEK
    GateWorld talks with David Nykl

Stargate Atlantis actor David Nykl sits down with GateWorld to talk about Dr. Radek Zelenka, how he became a recurring character, and the show's brand new season.

READ MORE ...

Default Re: INTERVIEW: David Nykl (Zelenka)

Great interview. Makes me look forward to season two even more. Thanks very much.

waaa! Quicktime won't let me watch it - it comes up with the black screen but it won't let me play it, and when I dl (both the low and high res versions) WMP won't let me play the file - it comes up with error C00D11C5 It says the files are corrupt! I have the latest WMP 10 too - I even searched for updates (there weren't any).

Thoughts? Hints?? anyone??? Bueller.... Bueller.... anyone....

We're working on the file corruption issue. Please stand by!

Darren

great interview; i cant wait to see more episodes with DN

As everyone else says, great interview.

Great interview he come's across as really down to earth guy who enjoys talking to people and he hangs a round here alot. :eek

*Waves at David Nykl*
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Lieutenant Colonel Blue Banrigh's Avatar

So has anybody translated the Czech bit yet? I'm language deficient.

Já tomu teda vubec nerozumím, co to tady s tím jako myslíte, že jako tady budu takhle sedet a jen tak si s váma bavit, no, no tak jo, no tak zkusíme to.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I really dont understand what do u mean; Will I sit here and just talk to you? ok, lets try it.
    Last edited by thor_; June 18th, 2005 at 03:58 AM.

Doci
    (Moderator Emeritus)

We have discovered the problem with the files and the new copies should be completely installed by 1:30 PM Eastern today. Thanks for your patience!! I highly suggest watching the videos, even if you've already read the article. We've never had this much fun with a video interview. David took complete advantage of getting to talk one-on-one with you guys.

Lwaxana Troi

Smile Re: INTERVIEW: David Nykl (Zelenka)

Quote Originally Posted by David
    We have discovered the problem with the files and the new copies should be completely installed by 1:30 PM Eastern today. Thanks for your patience!! I highly suggest watching the videos, even if you've already read the article. We've never had this much fun with a video interview. David took complete advantage of getting to talk one-on-one with you guys.
    Thank you, Supreme System Lord. (bows, then winks)

I was one of the very fortunate people in Vancouver, who got to actually spend about ten minutes talking to David Nykl, alone. He was wonderfully easy to talk too, was very enthusiastic about the new season and was thrilled by the fan reaction to his character, Radek Zelenka. I'm looking forward to seeing the interview. I'm very happy tptb are using more of Dr. Zelenka, esp. with McKay, they have great on screen chemistry.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Banrigh
    So has anybody translated the Czech bit yet? I'm language deficient.
    I think David Nykl is playing games with us I have tried using translation software to translate it to English unfortunately it does not recognise the words.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Doci
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Hopefully one of our Czech speaking boys will enter and enlighten us.

BIG THANKS to Veneticuss for typing out the Czech!!!!!
    Last edited by David; June 11th, 2005 at 08:11 AM.

And the translation is ??????????????????????????????????

read the 9th post in this thread

Thank you

Lwaxana Troi

Thumbs up Re: INTERVIEW: David Nykl (Zelenka)

That interview was fantastic. Thank you so much for bringing it to us. Great questions, David's wonderful and you are really getting to be quite the professional with the camera and editing, etc.

Thanx again!

Doci
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Thank you for your support - it really is a learning process and a development of the technology and software we're using. I can't tell you how excited I was when we switched to the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I must give a huge Thank You to the cast and crew for caring about us as much as they do.

Thanks guys! The vid seems to be working perfectly now No conflicts at all.

I love how David looks into the camera when he's talking, and "talks" to the fans. He's also one of the few people who are hugely physically different from their characters (Chris Judge is another - especially for early SG Teal'c), I have trouble associating the actor with the character - which is of course a massive compliment
    I'm really looking forward to s2 and seeing what trouble Zelenka can get himself into

I took some really great photos of him at the con (well, I thought they were good ), and actually gave him a CD copy - which considering how odd a thing to do that was, he was extremely gracious and chatted with us for a few mins Wonder if he found any use for them, or if the disk is enjoying life as a coaster (I don't mind, he can do as he wants with them!)

tee hee, ya gotta love the dimples!
    Last edited by kiwigater; June 11th, 2005 at 07:34 PM. Reason: cropped and lightened photos

Thumbs up Re: INTERVIEW: David Nykl (Zelenka)

David you do great work!! Felt like the three of us were sitting together having a neat conversation. You really know how to bring out the stuff we all want to know and show us the real person. Keep on doing the good things you're doing

Vancouver 2010
    Chicago 2010
    Chicago 2011
    Jack's CSM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast