Lost - New ABC Fall show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost - New ABC Fall show

When i watched this, it seemed like a scifi/fantasy 'ish kind of show (i saw some clips from zap2it.com) and it looked fantastic. I don't know how to spell the actresses name, but the girl who played Tess in Roswell is in it It looks good
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Was it on TV or do you have an "in" somewhere? I'm looking forward to seeing it. Dom Monaghan's in it.

Comment

Oh no, haha, at zap2it.com, a tv news website, it lets you see some video clips on next falls tv shows, and it so happens, they have a clip on Lost, which shows the plane crash (or after it), its all fast and crazy, its pretty spooky though, although kind of corny 'ish with trees moving, which looks like something is moving around, like little monsters.. And yes Dom Monaghan is kewl, i liked him Lotr I wasn't sure if i saw him in the clip though...

Comment

http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule/2004-05/lost.html

Here's the ABC website. It sounds pretty cool. Hopefully it'll be as good as Alias. I wonder if this show's the reason Alias Season Four has been pushed back to January, as well.

Comment

Oh, hehe, I love Alias, but anyway, the reason Alias is pushed back till January is because when ABC does start airing new episodes, there will be no repeats, exception of tv awards and such. And the show that will be in Alias's timeslot will be a show called 'desperate housewives', which in my opinion is a 'womens' show, but i watched the pilot (i got it from connections ) and i still loved it, even though i'm a guy. Lost will be on Wednesdays i think, i'm not sure..

Comment

Yeah, I knew that about Alias. I was talking about the creator working on two shows, so he needs more time to focus on both of them. It's cool how Alias won't have repeats in the U.S., but they never show repeats here.

Comment

Oh my bad D.C. Yah, i'm wondering about that too... But i don't think so, unless he isn't talented, which he obviously is talented (Alias is brilliance) haha, but Joss Whdeon, creator of Buffy/Angel/Firefly had three shows to cover, and he did a ok/good job on maintaining all three shows (although one show got cancelled, and one ended later on).

Comment

I've grown wary of Abrams. He destroyed Alias for me. I don't want him to start off Lost with destructive habits. Give the show some time to build itself and don't change the focus more often than you change your underwear.

Comment

What don't you like about Alias? I totally thought the 3rd season finale was just awful compared to the other 2 previous ones... Common, masks? I thought those masks looked a little bit too real, and kind of scary.. I think Alias is still 'ok' for me, i still like the suspense the show gives.

Comment

Well, once again it's a show where blatant ship has supplanted good storylines and the so-called plots themselves are not what I would consider up to standards. Lauren, like Pete on SG-1, could have been a great character but (and Pete has fortunately escaped this so far) she has been turned into a cliched villain. I despise the fact that they've made her evil not only because it's a cheap way out, but because that somehow seems to make it OK for Syd and Vaughn to be all lusty with each other even though Vaughn is still married to Lauren! That really really really bugs me, to no end. They keep switching the focus to try and please the Suits (or whatever the excuse is) and the show loses a little more integrity every time they do it. It was cliche after cliche after stupid plot device until I finally turned the channel one night. I haven't been back since.

As for Lost... the premise is intriguing and I hope they don't simply turn it into Gilligan's Island Goes Darkside or something equally stupid. I also hope they don't make the shippiness gag-worthy right from the start. Why do so many writers/producers these days seem to have so much trouble with the concept of subtlety? *sigh* Still, it looks good, and it's my top Must See choice for this Fall.

Comment

I totally agree, imo, they ruined Lauren for me, she was 'fine' with Vaughn, i didn't have any problems with that relationship, and they made her EVIL! I mean, i didn't care that Lauren's mom was evil, but why Lauren! Although i hated Lauren (but i loved the character), they.. Did horrible things...

Lost, i was thinking of the idea that it was going to be Giligans Island! Hahah.. But hmm... How are they going to survive!? I can't wait for the show to come, it is also on top of my list, on 'what to watch next season', and no WB show is on it Although the WB has nothing to do with this topic, i just don't really like the WB right now...

Comment

As long as they have a permanent source of fresh water and some edible flora and fauna, they should be OK. I guess it depends on what kinds of supplies and tools they have with them. Scrap the plane to help build shelters, use bits of shrapnel and knives and whatnot for cutting/shaping things. Hunting and fishing should be easy enough with some improvised weapons. I imagine a few of them must have lighters and if any of the fuel survived from the crash, that'd be good, too. Er... the plane DOES land on the island, right? It doesn't crash into the sea? That could make it more complicated. It'll be like a large scale version of Survivor, right down to the alliances and betrayals and everything.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with changing the premise of Alias. Season Three started slightly weird but I think it's still an awesome show.

Comment

Nothing wrong with changing the premise if it's done right. I just feel that it has become horribly muddled and trite. I don't care if Syd and Vaughn want to suck face or if aliens- I mean Sloane, harvested her eggs or cloned her or whatever, I want to know more about Rambaldi, dammit!

Comment

There's only two things I'm disappointed with. Both Sloane and Dixon are not as cool as they used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X