• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More like overstating his usefulness
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Every series has to have their body-switching episode -- at least, every scifi/fantasy series does. And when delivered, it usually is hilarious but it depends how well the different people involved can emulate eachother. As far as SG-1 is concerned, Richard, Chris, and Michael sure do deliver.

Michael also does a wonderful job as Machello (both the character and when he's "switched" bodies).

And you just know, there are accidental switches going to occur when this machine is handled in Area 51 -- it hopefully comes with instructions how to reverse the process.

Inventions to fight the Goa'uld -- well then, better hope there's something useful there and that they can decipher Machello's code language in order to know what everything is for. Just in case, there's another device that does awkard things to people's bodies.

Jack in Teal'c's body is brilliant, and vice versa. They must have had a fieldday with it.

How would you rate SG-1's "Holiday"?

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

3-episode quiz (Serpent's Song, Holiday & One False Step) this way.

Holiday Jigsaw puzzle this way.

Comment

I always thought RDA and Judge enjoyed doing this episode. They look like they have fun doing other characters. Besides that I don't have much to say about Machello. I don't hate it but their is nothing great about it. It's a fair
          Jelgate is right

Comment

EDIT: 5 minutes and 47 seconds
            Jelgate is right

Comment

We watched this last Friday ('we' comprising me, my wife, my brother and a friend of ours who is a Stargate fan) and I enjoyed it so much... there are so many episodes that I've probably only seen once before. I think I would have likely thought this episode a tad lame when I viewed it years ago, I suspect that may be part of the point you were making too, Jelgate.

Part of my enjoyment comes from the fact that after discovering Stargate SG-1 in 2003 during the Monday night four-hour Stargate block on the Sci-Fi channel, (sad... don't know why it took me so long to check out the show) and quickly becoming an intense fan of the show, we started having watch parties on Friday nights with the aforementioned group -and one other who has moved away.

It was always such a great evening, we'd get together at our house with drinks and dinner and watch the previous week's episode and the new episode. I know that part of it is recapturing the moment of watching the show then and reliving it, I think I'm able to enjoy episodes more now than I would have then.

We also watched 'Touchstone' which I find particularly good. We skipped 'Spirits,' I think all of us remembered the acting by the Native American actor (Salish?) to be bad, and so, passed on it. I should watch it again someday.

I am just pleased that I can watch something I've not seen years in years and derive so much pleasure from it. We watched 'The Tok'ra,' parts 1 & 2 in late December and I was amazed at how little I remembered of the episodes... Such an incredible show. I never thought I would like a science fiction program as much as the original Star Trek (I think most of the Star Trek spin-offs are mostly mediocre).

Alright, thanks for the chance to praise the show...
              Last edited by photoglyph; 21 April 2018, 08:04 AM.
              "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
                Alright, thanks for chance to praise the show...
                Always welcome to do more praising.

And I agree with forgetting stuff... I've even forgotten entire episodes but in the way that I thought them occuring later or earlier.

Comment

7 minutes and 5 seconds later... done!

Oh, and Tood, you can save your progress but you can only do that when you have an account on the site apparently. I just accidently discovered that feature as my sister asked to cut the ribbon around her wrist cause she couldn't get it loose.

Comment

I just accidently discovered that feature as my sister asked to cut the ribbon around her wrist cause she couldn't get it loose.[/QUOTE]

Hello? Context FH?

Comment

I just accidently discovered that feature as my sister asked to cut the ribbon around her wrist cause she couldn't get it loose.

Hello? Context FH?
                      The context of the first half was that Tood would like for there to be a possibility on the jigsaw site to pause your progress, or save it, and continue at a later time. Especially when there are a lot of pieces, this comes in handy.

I accidently discovered a pause-button when my sister came home from a charity event and asked me to cut the ribbon to get access to the event wouldn't come loose, so I cut it in half. But that meant I had to pause the timer on the jigsaw somehow and apparently it has a play and pause button -- but I think you can only save your progress when you have an account.

Comment

Oh, sorry. I was referencing the ribbon because it sounded somewhat random. Now that we’ve cleared that up...

Comment

Oh, sorry. I was referencing the ribbon because it sounded somewhat random. Now that we’ve cleared that up...
                          Well, we are known to randomly confuse ourselves, each other and every one else too.

Comment

That’s a good bit of info on the puzzles too, though. I’ve had times I wanted to take a break but did not think I could.

Comment

9:45-- I think. I closed that tab before I could double check.

I like the body swapping, but wasn't a fan of the story. I give this a poor.

Comment

Error:

1. Daniel said in Ma'chello's body that the code of Hanka is P8X-987, while it was PX8-987 in the Singularity episode.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X