An Interview with "Luke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Interview with "Luke"

It's been brought to my attention that the commissary server, nicknamed "Luke" by some fans (seen in such shows as "48 Hours" opposite an irritating, citrus-allergic McKay), would be a very welcoming interview, as he seems to have picked up a small fan club.

I am not prepared to do an audio interview with "Luke," but might be persuaded to do a nice text interview if enough fans say "yes" to the idea.

Your vote matters in my decision. Please cast it accordingly. If you think it's a silly idea and we "should be focusing attention on more important features," then abruptly select "No."

Thanks!
    Yes!!
    64.06%
    No!!
    12.50%
    I honestly do not care.
    23.44%

Have I mentioned how much I love you?

GO LUKE!!

Comment

Yeah Luke! One of the undersung heroes of the SGC.
      Nmom
      sigpic

Comment

Do I get two votes?

No!
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

You're no fun at all, Darren.

Comment

I don't think Darren's lacking in humour,Shadow,but possibly just overworked!
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by David
              I am not prepared to do an audio interview with "Luke," but might be persuaded to do a nice text interview if enough fans say "yes" to the idea.
              I voted "Yes",David,but I'll accept your decision with good grace, if you and Darren feel that an interview with Luke/Ken Phelan, isn't practical, or possible.Any decision is yours to make, as you're a very busy Guy!

I'm happy to settle for appreciating Luke in my own little way!
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 June 2004, 09:45 AM. Reason: *Sigh*forgot commas and such.(again)

Comment

Anything I produce for GateWorld, be it the ever-expanding Omnipedia, audio/text interviews or compiling Letters to the Editor or whatever, must be put to the web by Darren. I.E. he has the final call. I will push him to do a text interview with "Luke," but only after a significant, and I do mean significant, portion of the Stargate Fandom responds positively. Allocating resources, especially our time, is paramount to GateWorld's ongoing success in bringing you top-notch Stargate material.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  I will push him to do a text interview with "Luke," but only after a significant, and I do mean significant, portion of the Stargate Fandom responds positively.
                  In other words, it's never gonna happen. *sigh* Luke's a great character (IMO) and he does have his own small cult, but it's a very small cult and we just aren't big enough to be heard. Yet.

Thanks for the effort, anyway. It was very sweet of you. Or very insane. Possibly both...

Comment

Yes, probably both. But it's not like I'm going to tear down the poll next week. You have some time to build your army. I'll make my call probably in July.

Comment

By all means, build your army! If there's a massive response of desire to see an interview with this random extra who got one line of dialogue, we'll pursue.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

he's sorta like igor on mash....quiet dude that was always in the background.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

There's no need to be mean about it, Darren. Luke was only ever meant to be a fun, slightly skewed character. And yes, "Food Server" was only there to give McKay a reason to spout on about his citrus allergy, but it was enough for me, personally, to be amused by and interested in him and isn't that what fandom is all about? He served his purpose and I'm honoring that by fleshing out his character and imagining what he'd be like. I'm hardly the only one to do such a thing.

I like Luke. He makes me happy. And from the emails I've been receiving about Food Server Diaries, he's making other people happy, too. I don't care whether he gets interviewed or not as long as people take him in the spirit in which he was intended and maybe laugh a little in the process.

So there.

Edited to say: Wow, I actually remember Igor...

Comment

Stay cool,Shadow! Let the voters and Darren /David decide!
                            Plenty of time to meditate,IMO!(And Muggins here to be "Morale Officer",or whatever! )

Could Darren possibly be just "Winding You Up",friend? I've never seen him as lacking in humour.....

*Off to be "Cheery" someplace else! *

Winding someone up=pranky humour (British term,I think?)
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 June 2004, 11:26 AM. Reason: Explanation

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                              Could Darren possibly be just "Winding You Up",friend? I've never seen him as lacking in humour.....
                              I think he's jealous of Luke. It's the obvious explanation. And there's certainly a lot about Luke to give him reason to be jealous, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X